Serious Talk... Looking to move to Cali

Originally Posted by stayfresh25

coming from a cali boy....i'd say move somewhere in mid cali would be the best bet cause (from the obvious) you'd be right in the middle of everything. a lot is always going on up in norcal aka the bay. but in socal they have good beaches and disney land. just make sure you don't move too far north in cali cause theres nothing up there....and if you go too far south, you're just getting closer to the mexico border (nuff said) haha.
Are you talking about a place like Fresno? If so,
roll.gif

I stay by Rancho (Ontario), yes, it's in the middle for all you misinfomed. We are 20mins from OC, 30mins from LA, 2.5 hours from Vegas. So Cali is whereit's at
pimp.gif

I can't see myself living in a state that is due for a serious Earthquake.
laugh.gif

I live in La Jolla right now. San Diego's nice but I miss LA. Weather's great here, the beaches are beautiful, but the nightlife is weak compared toLA.

Move to Hayward, CA. Now its really in the middle of everything. Oakland is 5 minutes away, Berkeley is about 15 minutes away San Jose is 20 minutes away andFrisco is 25-30 minutes away. Great place to live. Its honestly the most diverse place in the bay area. White, Mexican, Asian, Black, Indian, EVERYBODY is hereha.

Marine weather, girls, the capital, bay swag, and green culture. Go to the Bay Area (NorCal).

Hot weather, girls, popularity contests, and smog culture. Go to LA County, Orange County or SD (SoCal).

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Move to Hayward, CA. Now its really in the middle of everything. Oakland is 5 minutes away, San Jose is 15 minutes away and Frisco is 15-20 minutes away. Great place to live. Its honestly the most diverse place in the bay area. White, Mexican, Asian, Black, Indian, EVERYBODY is here ha.

That's not a good thing.

I'd move down south (LA area) if I were you I love the bay don't get me wrong but this whole "hyphy" swag killed it for me.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Move to Hayward, CA. Now its really in the middle of everything. Oakland is 5 minutes away, San Jose is 15 minutes away and Frisco is 15-20 minutes away. Great place to live. Its honestly the most diverse place in the bay area. White, Mexican, Asian, Black, Indian, EVERYBODY is here ha.

That's not a good thing.
Oakland aint what you think it is unless your out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That's not a good thing.
Oakland aint what you think it is unless your out in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yeah your right don't nobody want to come down here to go to the weak #$% sideshow like I said the hyphy movement made us looked like clowns.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

That's not a good thing.

Yeah your right don't nobody want to come down here to go to the weak #$% sideshow like I said the hyphy movement made us looked like clowns.
Well he could always move to L.A. I personally hate L.A. after living in the bay my entire life. People seem to judge more, I aint used to that.Granted they have beautiful women there but in my opinion most of them are mad stuck up anyway.

I say visit first, then make a decision. I went to Toronto last year and now all I can think about is moving there.

My pops used to live in Cali. And for some God-forsaken reason he hauled it all the way to DC. Where your boy RJT was born in '88. I wanna live in Cali sobad. I gotta catch a Lakers game at the Staples Center. WHILE KOBE'S STILL PLAYING!!! I plan on moving out there in the future.

i recomend you come to ventura county where its not as hot as the valley your only 45 minuntes from santa barbara and LA 3hrs from the border makes it feellike a vacation when you go south. disneyland cant touch six flags as far as rides and brEEzEs but not everybody that comes to cali ends up being able tohandle cali. be warned we party on a daily basis and people from other states get caught up in the life.

Tryna influence my fmaily to move to Cali. I got relatve sout there but i really like the lif edown there. relaxed laid back typa ishh. Sicka nd tired of NY,everyone is out to get you.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I can't see myself living in a state that is due for a serious Earthquake.
laugh.gif
I was thinking the same damn thing, i had thought about making a change and go to cali (LA or SD) but by the time i get settled and on myfeet......some natural disaster comes and wipes it all clean.....also you HAVE to own a car and traffic is killer out there, i get restless and irritated tooeasily so i'm not sure i can be stuck in that kind of traffic....might end up mowing people down for sanity...

call a RE agent prices are at a all time low in Cali but they will keep dropping only thing i know is you need 3% down......

but i love cali would never move LA/IE/SD FTW!!!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I stay by Rancho (Ontario), yes, it's in the middle for all you misinfomed. We are 20mins from OC, 30mins from LA, 2.5 hours from Vegas. So Cali is where it's at
pimp.gif

didnt know theres so many NTers in Rancho.. ( i across the AMC at Victoria Gardens)

i just moved here from sf .. it might not be for everyone.. but i like it out here.. not as crowded/nicer area ..

nightlife is in hollywood though.. i go out to pasadena too .. and its more like 45min-1hr to get to la for me..

regardless norcal or socal you can't go wrong just stay away from central valley theres really nothing there.

i recomend you come to ventura county where its not as hot as the valley your only 45 minuntes from santa barbara and LA 3hrs from the border makes it feel like a vacation when you go south. disneyland cant touch six flags as far as rides and brEEzEs but not everybody that comes to cali ends up being able to handle cali. be warned we party on a daily basis and people from other states get caught up in the life.

Wow, I though it was just me, Luvkicks and XxToWrxX who lived in Ventura County. I have lived most of my life in Ventura County but I won't lie that it isnot perfect. It is a great place but it has some downsides.

The commute to any where in the LA Basin or beyond is wat too long. Unless you are willing to get up at five every morning and you work in downtown LA, yourcommute area is the Valley, the Santa Clarita Valley, Santa Barara or elsewhere in Ventura County, depending on what part of the county you call home. Anotherdownside is that the sidewalks roll up at 9 pm. Of course it is not the big city so of course things won't be open really late but even compared to othersuburban areas, Ventura County businesses, except for a few movie theaters and fast food places are pretty much afraid of the dark.

There are lots of good things about Ventura County, depending on who you are and what you like. The weather is great anywhere in the County, the mountainsoverhead are beautiful, it is nice having actual farms, ranches and orchards between the cities, the traffic is usually light, there is virtually no crime(save for La Colonia) and while the place has a small town feel it is not hick, there is a lot of money here and lots of variety in local restaurants andshopping. If you like outdoor sports, like I do, then the County is great. The Ocean, the Islands, the beaches, the mountains all provide very good and closevenues for biking, hiking, surfing, sailing and kayaking.

If you like the peace and quiet but don't want to live in a meth town, if you got a good job nearby and like the ocean and/or mountains, the County is agreat place to be. I however, am looking to move to the city that is where my future is, but I will definitely visit my parents, or more precisely the beach,here in Ventura County on plenty of weekends.

Back
Top Bottom