Serious thread -- GO GET CHECKED OUT PEOPLE...

I'm mean, really, on some serious talk.

If you can prioritize and spend $200+ and $300+ on Jordan packs and Yeezy's, the "I don't have insurance" quote doesn't fly well with me.

What's my beef?

Went in to get regular annual physical two weeks ago, blood work and the whole nine, fasting for 15+ hours. Phone calls last week from my doctors, statingthat I'm diagonsed with diabetes... On some "come to the hospital NOW" type madness, out of no where. So, my life, eating habits, and physicalactivity changed in all of two days ever since.

So, I reveal this to hopefully enlighten someone. Folks -- GO GET PHYSICALS!

Especially with the recent tragedy of the NTer that passed away of a heart attack (R.I.P). You never know.

I thank all of you for getting me out of the depression. The Yezzy thread alone has kept my spirits up.
laugh.gif

Peace to the Gods...

Damn Son... Sorry to hear that cause I have been trying to make sure I don't fall into that trick of eat anything I want still... Fortunately so far myDad my brother and I haven't gotten "The Sugar" but his Brothers and their Sons have....

It scares me every day. What type and can you do pills or will you need Insulin? Hopfully it was caught early enough and you only have to do pills.

Damn Kev. Sorry to hear that homey.

I actually had a physical on the 25th. Blood-work and all. I have a clean bill of health.

I eat right 80% of the time, but I dont exercise.

^^
Ever since I left Beaverton & was in it for that Matter.. I have been tryin to eat better... I lost all sorts of weight while I was there cause there isnothing else to do but work out.. and when I moved back I gained 15 lbs out the gate...

Lookin like Teddy Ruxpin...

I bought an elliptical for the Bedroom for the days I miss my workout IN the gym.. but if you walk alot Lavan.. its just like getting exercise...but increasingthat heart rate is always good from time to time. unclogs those arteries..

key? Spinach Leaf Salads (ToweH put me on to that) w/ Eggs, Ham & Tomatoes....w some Balsamic or Italian Light.. U are straight...

sorry to hear it,

my mom got diabetes, so she flipped our eating habits on the strength that dudes aint cookin at my crib haha. i dont really eat sweets tho, the most'll belike a chocolate bar once a month or a few bowls of ice cream on rare occasions

glad to see my mom get healthy, and it motivated me to change my eating habits outside the house, whole wheat everything and i dont eat fried food no more. andi havent drank a soda in about a year.

Ain't looking for no sympathy.

It's the cards I was dealt -- Doctors clearly stressed that (due to my family background) it was nothing I could do toprevent it.

Just sucks that, I've never been told I got something that there is NO cure for, was unpreventable, and it was nothing I could do before hand.

Now, if I was told I contacted gential herbs, then.....
laugh.gif

Rock, I eat baby spiniach like it's a snack. I'm talking two 6oz bags at once. Cooked usually.

In a pot, with a little water, and a clove or two of garlic...with a smidge of butter.

Talk about good eats.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Ain't looking for no sympathy.
Well in that case.. Bamma I hope you can't ever eat Cake again.... lol

Now, if I was told I contacted gential herbs, then.....
laugh.gif

ewwwww... that aint right. No one wants the gift that keeps on givin...

Kev you right.. we all need to stay on top of our health... went for my physical last week, and thank God, everything came back ok.

This is one of the reasons I get a physical every year.

I lost my grandmother, aunt, and two uncles last year due them not getting checked out regularly.

just had a physical 2 weeks ago and my cholestrol is high so they got me on meds. Diabeties runs on my mom's side but I've been lucky not to have anissue

Damn Kev. Sorry to hear that. Your message is motivating though.

My last physical was about 2 years ago... Need to get on that...
I have never been one to eat healthy, and I've been told that I have high blood pressure. The Indian Doc I saw, tried telling me that I was"obese" based on the body height/weight chart she was looking at.

For those that have seen me, I could stand to lose a few... But, "obese"?

I told her she was trippin'... Heh heh heh

Definitely take good care of your self, bro. I went and got myself tested for diabetes last year because I had a lot of the symptons. Turns out I didn'thave it. But once I started working out and eating right, all of those "symptons" disappeared. Taking care of body and health is a MUST that a lot ofus take for granted.

yea i get checked out once a year...
Kev, good luck with that and stick to your diet and exercise..

peace to the Gods...AND EARTHS..

I'm mean, really, on some serious talk.

If you can prioritize and spend $200+ and $300+ on Jordan packs and Yeezy's, the "I don't have insurance" quote doesn't fly well with me.

What's my beef?

Went in to get regular annual physical two weeks ago, blood work and the whole nine, fasting for 15+ hours. Phone calls last week from my doctors, stating that I'm diagonsed with diabetes... On some "come to the hospital NOW" type madness, out of no where. So, my life, eating habits, and physical activity changed in all of two days ever since.

So, I reveal this to hopefully enlighten someone. Folks -- GO GET PHYSICALS!

Especially with the recent tragedy of the NTer that passed away of a heart attack (R.I.P). You never know.

I thank all of you for getting me out of the depression. The Yezzy thread alone has kept my spirits up.
laugh.gif

Peace to the Gods...

Is it Type II Kev where you are insulin dependent or will they put you on oral glucagon and diet modification?

I thought this thread was about getting tested (another must) but physicals, wow I'm way overdue, don't think I have had one since I used to playfootball in HS.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Gmills23

I thought this thread was about getting tested (another must) but physicals, wow I'm way overdue, don't think I have had one since I used to play football in HS.
tired.gif

me too...thought it was about HIV/AIDS testing
frown.gif

sorry to hear that tho Kev....it hit me hard when i heard the news about my father having it. stick to your diet regimen and get plenty of exercise and youshould be good.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by RUDOLPH1996

Is it Type II Kev where you are insulin dependent or will they put you on oral glucagon and diet modification?
*knock on wood* It's type II.

And -- unlike my entire family of ignorant a**holes who won't do what they are supposed to do -- food doesn't run my life. I'll do anything to nothave to stick myself everyday or get body parts removed down the line. F'that. With the exception of my fav. aunt's recent passing of cancer,everyone has passed away the last decade due to complications of diabetes, high blood pressure, or a combination of both. Ages 35 and up.
indifferent.gif

It's hard to have sympathy though, when all of them went decade(s) still eating what they wanted, when they wanted, never excercising, and let the diseaseknowing (literally) eat away at them over the long haul.

['Dre from Outkast] "You know what I said? Click. That ain't me... It ain'tme..." [Whootie Hoooooo]

But...
Rock said:
Well in that case.. Bamma I hope you can't ever eat Cake again.... lol
[Ice-T]
"Man, that's some hateful s&%t..."
smh.gif

[/"Playa Haters Ball"]

And -- unlike my entire family of ignorant a**holes who won't do what they are supposed to do -- food doesn't run my life. I'll do anything to not have to stick myself everyday or get body parts removed down the line. F'that. With the exception of my fav. aunt's recent passing of cancer, everyone has passed away the last decade due to complications of diabetes, high blood pressure, or a combination of both. Ages 35 and up.
indifferent.gif

It's hard to have sympathy though, when all of them went decade(s) still eating what they wanted, when they wanted, never excercising, and let the disease knowing (literally) eat away at them over the long haul.

[
tired.gif
...... Bro I feel you on that..... I got a cousin andyounger brother now that I am trying to get motivated to do something about the risk factors they can modify. Y'all have see me in person.... now throughan extra 45-50lbs on me
sick.gif
... thats what two are my closest fam arelooking like these days and both are 30 and 28 respectively..
tired.gif

You would think with a family HX of MI's and diabetes and LOSING a father to a Aortic Aneuysm at age 53 that of all people my brother would listen. Butthis %^&* had a "light" MI last summer..... ask me if that fool is modifying his diet? No, he would rather take meds....
tired.gif

Having a damn Nurse (me) as a family member just aint proof enuff to listen how much just adding more water (instead of soda) and fresh fruits and veggies and30 minutes of Cardio ( instead of Burgers,Fries and a seat on the couch) IN A MERE TWO WEEKS could turn things around.....
happy.gif

Labs drawn twice a year and full medical and history physical assessments every 3-5 years.... FTFW
pimp.gif

Yeah Bruh... I am only doin Friday ONLY Pineapple Sodas now and Water as often as possible. Circulation for the heart and keep the willy workin like Wonka son.Keep the BMs regular and Raisen Bran and Total in my diet even if its not for breakfast.

Thats why I think its important to stay active doing Sports even when your skills erode like most of Ya'll fools in here!! lol

Yo idk bout yall but getting checked be scary cus you don't noe what the doc gonna end up telling you!

Sorry to hear that, just keep on doing what you need to do EOH. Your story got me thinking I really need to exercise and diet. My last physical was fine butbeing a chunky brother I def need to take some precautionary measures. I think we do not take stuff health issues serious in the black community.

Originally Posted by Marito

Yo idk bout yall but getting checked be scary cus you don't noe what the doc gonna end up telling you!
Bamma thats the worse reason NOT to go.

Unless you stickin your ting ting in a hairy butt without protection or a nasty nanny without protection you should be finding out for YOU and everyone elseyou come in contacts protection.

You feel MUCH better when you do.

LONG LONG ago when Magic first announced he had the Hivi, I was at the university of maryland dorm with my boys.... and it struck home like NO ONE'sBusiness. We ALL promptly went to get checked, cause it said ONE in 4 black men have HIV.. Fool. it was 4 of us in the Dorm...

We all got our Donor Cards and a Negative Test Result. Ever since then I have gotten checked (just in case) every year and give blood reluctantly (hateneedles) and if you dont get a donor card.. be very afraid.

Do us all a favor bruh. Dont be a stat.

damn 'EOH'...know you not looking for sympathy but sorry to hear that man, and like you said the worst part about it is that there was/is nothing thatyou can do about it...its crazy & i too have know friends/relatives that have passed from that...

and true, im due for a physical soon, its been a while

Back
Top Bottom