Serious topic...my girlfriend got attacked last night.

I know half the time this board isn't serious by any means, but right now I gotta vent. And sometimes NT is a great place for it.
Last night my girlfriend who I've dated for about 4 years now came home from work. She's a bartender and works at a few

different night clubs. Anyway coming home late last night she was going to her car with a co-worker who she was gonna get a ride home

with when a couple of dudes came up on her and wouldn't leave her alone. After trying to blow them off  and get in the car

they basically grabbed her, beat her and her friend up and raped her.

Sad thing is she's about a 3 hour plane ride away from me since I'm in Houston for the final four. I get a call today saying all this stuff 

happened and how she's in the hospital getting checked out and doing the police reports and stuff. Now I'm flying out tomorrow early

to go home but I mean my real question here is...what do I do? What do I say? Im beside myself here and can't believe this actually happened

. I don't want to goto my friends about this cause its not something she wants getting out, and I dont want them to know either. 

She basically wants to play it cool like nothing happened, but is this the right thing to do? I mean I've had problems to deal with in my life

but nothing on this level. Should I force her to goto therapy? I mean myself I'm pretty devastated about it, but can never imagine 

what she's going through. I'm just having a tough time dealing with this and if any of you guys know a fat guy in St. Catharines, Ontario

with a star tattoo on his hand and wears a LA dodgers hat let me know.

But seriously guys help me out here, I wanna be there for her in the best way possible you know. If any of you guys have had a similar 

experience let me know.

I know half the time this board isn't serious by any means, but right now I gotta vent. And sometimes NT is a great place for it.
Last night my girlfriend who I've dated for about 4 years now came home from work. She's a bartender and works at a few

different night clubs. Anyway coming home late last night she was going to her car with a co-worker who she was gonna get a ride home

with when a couple of dudes came up on her and wouldn't leave her alone. After trying to blow them off  and get in the car

Sad thing is she's about a 3 hour plane ride away from me since I'm in Houston for the final four. I get a call today saying all this stuff 

happened and how she's in the hospital getting checked out and doing the police reports and stuff. Now I'm flying out tomorrow early

to go home but I mean my real question here is...what do I do? What do I say? Im beside myself here and can't believe this actually happened

. I don't want to goto my friends about this cause its not something she wants getting out, and I dont want them to know either. 

She basically wants to play it cool like nothing happened, but is this the right thing to do? I mean I've had problems to deal with in my life

but nothing on this level. Should I force her to goto therapy? I mean myself I'm pretty devastated about it, but can never imagine 

what she's going through. I'm just having a tough time dealing with this and if any of you guys know a fat guy in St. Catharines, Ontario

But seriously guys help me out here, I wanna be there for her in the best way possible you know. If any of you guys have had a similar 

experience let me know.

ohwell.gif

Damn bro...
30t6p3b.gif

Just be supportive. I wouldn't suggest anything (like therapy) just yet....give it some time. Be a good listener.

Damn bro...
30t6p3b.gif

Just be supportive. I wouldn't suggest anything (like therapy) just yet....give it some time. Be a good listener.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by EnZo007

experience let me know.

2a00oh.gif
indifferent.gif
You inconsiderate lame

Damn OP. I'd try to go over to her and try to make her feel secure again and be there for her. Best thing you can do is be supportive and reassure her that she's safe. She might have to get checked out for std cause you don't know if that scum had anything.

Damn man. Sorry to her that.

Man just listen to her. That is all you can do right now. If she needs space, give her space. If she wants you there, be there.

The sad thing about this is she needs to be tested for STDs because we don't know what those dudes had.

That is so sad, I can only imagine how you feel OP.

1st response, you are very out of line for that. Not funny at all man.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

experience let me know.

2a00oh.gif
indifferent.gif
You inconsiderate lame

Damn OP. I'd try to go over to her and try to make her feel secure again and be there for her. Best thing you can do is be supportive and reassure her that she's safe. She might have to get checked out for std cause you don't know if that scum had anything.

Damn man. Sorry to her that.

Man just listen to her. That is all you can do right now. If she needs space, give her space. If she wants you there, be there.

The sad thing about this is she needs to be tested for STDs because we don't know what those dudes had.

That is so sad, I can only imagine how you feel OP.

1st response, you are very out of line for that. Not funny at all man.

Be by her side.....thats a VERY traumatizing experience for her, so devastating that she may not have ANY desire for sex for a while. She needs you more than ever right now.....

Its a very difficult situation....i know you are prob thinking if this would happen if you were there or not. And if you were anything like me, you would be seeking revenge
devil.gif

Be by her side.....thats a VERY traumatizing experience for her, so devastating that she may not have ANY desire for sex for a while. She needs you more than ever right now.....

Its a very difficult situation....i know you are prob thinking if this would happen if you were there or not. And if you were anything like me, you would be seeking revenge
devil.gif

Do you get life for murder in Ontario? I don't think any jury would convict you given the circumstances.

Absolutely disgusting. Rape is worse than murder.

experience let me know.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I can't give you any good advice (as far as what to do goes) because I've never had to deal with something like this...and I sincerely hope I never have to. But, forcing someone to seek help when they don't want it isn't ever a good thing. They have to want help in order for it to be effective.

For now, just support her as much as possible. I hope for the best, and that the guy who did this is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I really hope the first response doesn't take away from the seriousness of this topic. Rape isn't funny. Joking about it isn't either.

experience let me know.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I can't give you any good advice (as far as what to do goes) because I've never had to deal with something like this...and I sincerely hope I never have to. But, forcing someone to seek help when they don't want it isn't ever a good thing. They have to want help in order for it to be effective.

For now, just support her as much as possible. I hope for the best, and that the guy who did this is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I really hope the first response doesn't take away from the seriousness of this topic. Rape isn't funny. Joking about it isn't either.

Do you get life for murder in Ontario? I don't think any jury would convict you given the circumstances.

Absolutely disgusting. Rape is worse than murder.

I don't know what you can do exactly. Just be there. Let her know that you care, and that you love her.
Def try to get her into therapy. Don't ask her what happened over and over again.
Let her cry, Just be there to embrace her.

Wow. I hope she gets through this.

cant believe yall jokin with this man about something this serious that just happend to his girl......
tired.gif

sorry to hear man, thats terrible
you gotta take what ya girl gives you though, if she feels handeling it a certain way is best for her, just let it be

either way this will take a serious amount of time, if ever, to get over

Back
Top Bottom