Serious Topic.... Politics, Your life, and How you want to change it

We've seen some good post the past week and today....

we heard about the professor who preaches capitalism and puppets, we heard about the trusting of other races, and many other topics

My question for my community is,

If you were to wake up a politician tommorow, What would you attempt to change.... OK thats not it

Local polotican? (Mayor, Alderman)
State polotican? (Senator, Govenor)
Federal politician?(President, Congress)

FIRST - supply me with IDEAS of what you would change

Second - tell me a small summary of a solution you would propose so the change can be made.

I am Reading Barrack Obama's Auto-biography and have been very inspired.... being on student government at my local university gives me a very littlewindow in the world of politics, but some experience none the less

I am curious, because many of us have great points in threads, and If we use NT to debate, and discuss, we allcould learn something valuable

Hopefully we see some good discussion... I want to see some Mods
smile.gif

I will post my topics when i see the thread progress as a whole

edit: now spellchecked
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

we heard about the professor who preaches capatilism and puppets, we heard about the trusting of other races, and many other topics

If you were to wake up a polotician tommorow, What would you attempt to change.... OK thats not it

Federal polotician?(President, Congress)

Second - tell me a small summary of a soultion you would propose so the change can be made.

I am readin Barak Obama's Auto-biography and have been very inspired.... being on student goverement at my local university gives me a very little in the world of polotics, but some experience none the less

I am curious, becuase alot of us have great points in threads, and If we use NT to debate, and discuss, we all could learn something valuable

smile.gif

I will post my topics when i see the thread progess as a whole

dude had the nerve to say come in "educated"
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
my bad, i am inbetween writing papers and still in basic english
laugh.gif
you can see why

what a great first 2 post

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

we heard about the professor who preaches capatilism and puppets, we heard about the trusting of other races, and many other topics

If you were to wake up a polotician tommorow, What would you attempt to change.... OK thats not it

Second - tell me a small summary of a soultion you would propose so the change can be made.

I am readin Barak Obama's Auto-biography and have been very inspired.... being on student goverement at my local university gives me a very little in the world of polotics, but some experience none the less

I am curious, becuase alot of us have great points in threads, and If we use NT to debate, and discuss, we all could learn something valuable

smile.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the local level i would definitely put an emphasis on reviving the school districts, and more money into gang enforcement, not just police, but counselingand the big brother type of things

Originally Posted by peerL3ss aLL day

at the local level i would definitely put an emphasis on reviving the school districts, and more money into gang enforcement, not just police, but counseling and the big brother type of things

I am looking into a volunteer work with Big brother, Big sister community work, as well as my spelling
laugh.gif

Since we've been spending so much money on beefing up our military and have by far dwarfed our contenders for so long:

country-distribution-2005.png

I'd skim billions and billions of dollars off of our military spending and put it towards education and health care - two things that I believe will makethis country a better place and will allow us to be a stronger contender for the crown in the 21st century.

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

Originally Posted by stoneyjax

smile.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dude missed one letter, Big deal.

^ there is a dealine ofr SS, I think they said it was going to be depleted by 2035 or 2040... forget when...

But yea, thats a big issue for me too

country-distribution-2005.png

This graph is very misleading, since in 2005 we were a country in a war. The only country.

& I love how your solution to fixing everything is to throw money at the problem. & getting that money by taking it from other entities.

Giving our school systems more money isn't going to make our youth smarter (although I'm not denying it would help). Reform starts in the foundation.US schools are viewed by students as something that is boring, and you have to grit your teeth and get through it. Kids do not learn with that attitude. Ourwhole educational system needs a new environment, not a renovation but a complete overhaul. Money will not solve this, leaders who have the passion topositively change the hearts and minds of children who are currently raised on a warped view of education. This has to be done by reversing the ignorance wehave been grown up on and enlightening them of the paramount significance of education.

Originally Posted by IronMike 44KOs

This graph is very misleading, since in 2005 we were a country in a war. The only country.

Oh, please. It has been common knowledge for as long as I can remember that money thrown into the United States Military absolutely obliterates the rest ofthe world for a very long time. I'm not going to entertain that foolishness by digging up another graph... you should know that already.
I love how your solution to fixing everything is to throw money at the problem. & getting that money by taking it from other entities.

I'm glad to know you love my brand of thinking.
smile.gif

Don't be naive. It's going to take a great deal of money to fund these programs and attract those compassionate leaders that you speak of as part ofyour big overhaul. Even though these people may be passionate about the education system - they're not going to do it for free.

Money needs to go towards K-12 and more emphasis needs to be placed on the value of higher education... actually wait... the multi-lingual businessman fromChina and India with the multiple Master's degrees who are being hand-picked by our biggest and best corporations for the top positions in the companyinstead of the American with his Bachelor degree will be enough of a rude awakening.
happy.gif

I want to live to see the day where earning a Master's degree is nothing more than a second thought... you won't even have to ask if a personis going to pursue it... like a high school diploma... it will be a given. Putting money and emphasis on education is the only way that Americanswill be able to compete on a global level in the future. Don't fool yourself - money is a necessity to make this happen.

And one last thing: if you're a country who is (9?) trillion dollars in debt - the only way you're going to get money to fund programs is byreallocating the money that you're already spending on one program to fund another. Sounds reasonable, no? Wait... you weren't suggesting that weshould borrow even more money from China to take us even deeper into the hole, right?

1. Cut pork barrell spending to a minimum I'm tired of this wasteful money used to build unneccessary bridges and statues 2. Legalize marijuana, releaseall offenders for those drugs to the general population 3. Tax all hell out of marijuana 4. Use said marijuana tax money to help healthcare, schools etc.Forget your psuedo liberal vaguely republican ideals, legalizing marijuana with a 2$ tax per 10$ worth of federally regulated mary-jane would put anintermediate user(Smoking atleast 11th times amonth) at around 22$ per month times that by millions and then subtract all the money used for wrongfulimprisionment and see what we have. 5. Raise every teacher's salarie by atleast 20% 6. Cut military spending 7. Spend all that excess pork spending moneyon Helping college students re-pay loans. 8.Give all the tax breaks to those that need a break i.e if you household in come is less than 20,000 per year, youneed something.

Education is a big step we in the right direction... and money is what will help it.

True story... Right now I have a neice who goes to a MPS school(milwaukee public school)... The kids there are wild... the teachers dont hand out HOMEwork...and dont post grades when they send home midterms progess reports... My nephew, my neises younger brother goes to a different MPS school, and does gethomework, and has well controlled students... The schools arent far away... but the one my nephew goes to, has 6 computer/ room, teachers who call parentsatleast once a week, and HAS a great after school program that takes kids on field trips(recently went roller skating), Pizza partys, small football andbasketball teams, and it has many other things to offer... The staff told my sister that they are funded more then the other school... why? who knows... itmakes for an interesting debate with city council man.... But my neise isnt a bad kid...But my younger nephew has straight As!!! I bought him some JORDANS FORHIS HARD WORK.... and my neise is struggling....

Changing education is not all the children, It is the Teachers, the Parents, the goverement(grants they give) and the extended family....

my neise is in the 6th grade, and will be in HS in no time... something i discussed with my sister tonight after i made this post was bringing her into aPrivate HS, and one that carries a great name around milwaukee. What HS do you want your children going to... one were its free and mandatory... or one wherekids want to learn, stay focused on there life and careers ???? I told my sister i am willing to throw down $500 for her tuition when the times come

Familys and how they reward kids for performance in school is a big step in getting kids focused early... The goverement cant do this unless they startrewarding students somehow.......

I am glad to see we got serious people talking now

1 out of 100 people are in jail/prison, and 1/3 of them are there for MARIJUANA! boo this man gif.
laugh.gif

The total number of marijuana arrests in the U.S. for 2006 far exceeded the total number of arrests in the U.S. for all violent crimes combined, includingmurder, manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault. the violent arrest index total for 2003 was 597,026. 755,186 people were arrested that year for marijuana.

YEAR MARIJUANA ARRESTS
2006 829,625
2005 786,545
2004 771,608
2003 755,187
2002 697,082
2001 723,627
2000 734,498
1999 704,812
1998 682,885
1997 695,200
1996 641,642
1995 588,963
1994 499,122
1993 380,689
1992 342,314
1991 287,850
1990 326,850
Informative link where i got the information
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7387

In past years, roughly 30 percent of those arrested were age 19 or younger
smh.gif

NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre,
who noted that at current rates, a marijuana smoker is arrested every 38 seconds in America.
"This effort is a tremendous waste of criminal justice
resources that diverts law enforcement
personnel away from focusing
on serious and violent crime,
including the war on terrorism."

I think a taxation to a crowd this big would be a large interest for a way to dig our nations debt.

If we kept close tabs on every childs progess in education,
if we see a legalization and a decline in stats like graduation rate, crime levels among them,
then wouldnt it might be a bigger problem to solve, if thats what happened?
Well its only deserving to see what the citizens want, right? Why not have more votes during the year? Who doesnt want to have them? the goverment

I think alot of things need to change, and it should be up to citizens to spend the money on the issues they care about.

That would start to shape us to become a new world.

Back
Top Bottom