Serious Topic.... Politics, Your life, and How you want to change it

If I were I had absolute power for one day...ohhhh boy.

Honestly I could say I'd legalize gay marriage, legalize marijuana etc. etc., but what I feel would work the best would be do minimize the role of thefederal government, and instead transfer power into state governments. I think state governments should set their own rules for gay marriage, drinking age,lots of things.

I'd also oppose the idea of a national ID card, ease up on corporate taxation, end achievement-based incentives for teachers (at least the ones that havebeen tried in the past), lower military spending, lower spending on welfare and use the money towards universal healthcare, provide much greater incentives for"green" companies, and a lot more.

^ good points in there....

State power >>> Federal power, this is something I was sold on once i read about thomas jefferson.... He said States could go to war with each other
eek.gif
I understand it was different but
eek.gif
at the idea

Legalizing gay marriage would change nothing... so i view it as ok, leave it up to the people.....

My main concern is getting voting to be a bi-monthly acitivity, quaterly at the least....

I think there are alot of bright people out there who have some great ideals that would change this nation/world

Back
Top Bottom