Seriously... enough lyrics about crack... is it too much to ask?

I'm starting to really hate listening to rap these days. Maybe its me playing a lot more drumset, making me lean towards classic rock... but I think it hasmore to do with rap's lyrics. They are starting to disgust me...

I can't support music that brags about such a destructive lifestyle. Selling drugs, treating women like crap, killing people, gangbanging, etc... Can weplease get a little more creative than that? So what Kanye gets ripped on for nutriding Jay on Big Brother, at least its not another money cash ho's track.The only rappers I can really listen to anymore is Lupe, Kanye, Common, Nas, and Wayne just for his creativity.

Is anyone else with me? Less Clipse, more Lupe.

more clipse, more guns, more crack...lol im kiddin
more clipse. more lupe

the clipse sound like nothing compared to there similar "cocaine" rhyme affiliates. but imean the crack rap is getting outdated. the most you can dois look beneath that and find the gold in rappers like lupe. cats dont seem 2b slowing down with that stuff anymore.

pimp.gif
$
pimp.gif
$
pimp.gif
$
pimp.gif
= Trap Music

I feel ya bro, although 3 out of my top 5 rappers (TI, Jeezy, Wayne) include drugs heavily in their work. I understand that it was actually a part of theirlives at one point, but the way that the message is delivered almost seems to glorify the hustle. Fact of the matter is, it's an illegal act, which meansthat it's "forbidden" in a way. For whatever reason, forbidden topics are usually deemed the most interesting so that's why it remains sopopular and continues to sell.

clipse does it the best in the business. everyone else i could care less about.

I was we with you up to the part about wayne, but to each their own. Well I got tired of all the crap that these ninjas are putting out, thats why I started tolisten to classic rock and underground hip-hop. Of course its a matter of opinion.

Originally Posted by I AM THE WALRUS 1

I'm starting to really hate listening to rap these days. Maybe its me playing a lot more drumset, making me lean towards classic rock... but I think it has more to do with rap's lyrics. They are starting to disgust me...

I can't support music that brags about such a destructive lifestyle. Selling drugs, treating women like crap, killing people, gangbanging, etc... Can we please get a little more creative than that? So what Kanye gets ripped on for nutriding Jay on Big Brother, at least its not another money cash ho's track. The only rappers I can really listen to anymore is Lupe, Kanye, Common, Nas, and Wayne just for his creativity.

Is anyone else with me? Less Clipse WAYNE, more Lupe.
TREE HUGGING !*! @%*!# LOL SIKE NAW
grin.gif

I feel you.

%$@$ is real repetitive and boring right now. The crack game is at an all time low and crack references are at an all time high.
smh.gif

This is really why Hip-Hop sales and creativity are declining.

The lyrics aren't matching the consumers lifestyles or interests.

Most of my favorite rappers are coke rappers, so I wouldn't say that I'm wholly with you on this. The same $#*@ does get old, though.

But assuming you listen to the current stuff by the rappers you listen, I can't get with it.

people rap about what they kno, well in most cases...so considering rap is inspired by urban life and many of the people who do rap are from hoods, ghettos,and projects they're exposed to all of that so it will never go away...everybody doesnt like their music the same

I could care less...when I listen to rap...i got my ear out for the mic skills. Content comes second to me...

"How can ninjas stop rappin about crack on the block/
When its still crack on the block?? so why not/
The game aint goin change till the people change first/
Till then . . . You gotta mention cocaine in your verse"
- Chace Infinite

At the end of the day you're gonna rap about what you know, some of the greatest hip hop albums and songs are about 1 of maybe 12 topics, it all boils downto the detail in which is being used to describe the situation through vocabulary, rhyme schemes, charisma, orginality, etc. . . . There may be only a few waysto sell crack, but there's many many ways to rap about it, as I read on Pitchfork the other day, would you really put The Clipse and Young Jeezy in thesame category?? Ghostface and Tony Yayo?? Its the detail, and the creativity used to highlight their experiences.

stop listening. or listen to artists who rap about hugging trees. The choice is yours. Not all rappers rap about coke. some rap about other things. find theones that rap about other things and listen to that. It's that easy.

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

At the end of the day you're gonna rap about what you know, some of the greatest hip hop albums and songs are about 1 of maybe 12 topics, it all boils down to the detail in which is being used to describe the situation through vocabulary, rhyme schemes, charisma, orginality, etc. . . . There may be only a few ways to sell crack, but there's many many ways to rap about it, as I read on Pitchfork the other day, would you really put The Clipse and Young Jeezy in the same category?? Ghostface and Tony Yayo?? Its the detail, and the creativity used to highlight their experiences.

Yup.

if u seriously buy into what they do as legit then thats on you...i mean c'mon....how many legitament crackheads are left in 2008?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

if u seriously buy into what they do as legit then thats on you...i mean c'mon....how many legitament crackheads are left in 2008?
grin.gif

TRUST.....They are still out there.

I like the trap music honestly however i do feel what you are saying as far as it being alot of it.

Its so much more to talk about than just coke, that is how i feel about it so as far as being extremely creative that door is wide open for anyone to come intoat this particular moment with hip hop music on the mainstream level.

Originally Posted by Tha Sun Child

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

grin.gif

TRUST.....They are still out there.

yep. damn near everybody walkin around my street is. %+%@ is amazin to see people who u might have had respect for, or see daily doin regular stuff,coppin. $#$%+* aint even ashamed either.

Back
Top Bottom