***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I see Sadowski getting rocked.
2wcjwop.jpg

Spoiler [+]
I see it happening, too.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

It was honestly 2 fluke starts. You seen his minor league stats? He has no track record of success. Im going to be betting hard on the Rockies tomorrow.

the pregame show showing J.T Snow's homerun during the 2000 NLDS to tie the game in the ninth brings back memories

That Snow HR was one of the most exciting moments for me in EVER. I remember jumping up and down on my bed. If only there was one more person on base. I alwaystry to find it online to no avail. Can someone post it here or post a link? Thanks!

Yeah, I'm sure Renteria weeps himself to sleep on a bed of hundred dollar bills. I heard him and Zito get together and have money fights to cheer eachother up.

is josh willingham available? he's not one to change the whole offense, but he would be an upgrade with above average power.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=sfo

[h3]DEPTH CHART: Rotation spot for Martinez?[/h3]Rookie right-hander Joe Martinez, whose skull was fractured by a line drive on April 9, remains a viable candidate for the Giants' rotation when he returns from a rehab assignment, according to the San Jose Mercury News. "One way or another, he's going to help us (down the stretch)," pitching coach Dave Righetti told the newspaper. Martinez could take the place of Ryan Sadowski if the fellow rookie continues to struggle.

The Nats aren't actively shopping Willingham, but it's likely that he could be had. The Phillies have shown some interest inhim as a bat off the bench.

I still don't understand how Sadowski got a start again after having two terrible outings. Everyone knows the story of this pitcher. He's aprofessional Minor League player and that is it. I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Martinez getting a spot in the rotation. Hell, if we really need a spot start,why not call up Jesse Foppert for a game? I mean, is he MORE worse than Sadowski?! He's been up here in the pro's, he's pitching AA right now.Sadowski should be cut.

Foppert got cut to make room for Bumgarner and Alderson. I'm pretty sure we'll see Martinez getting a chance when he's done rehabbing.

On Friday comes the nonwaiver trade deadline amid word from general manager Brian Sabean that chances for a deal are 50-50.

Although the Giants could use a bopper - they hit one home run on the trip - what they really need are fewer sure outs, especially in RBI situations.

There are options besides the oft-mentioned Freddy Sanchez and Nick Johnson.

A source said the Indians have thoroughly scouted the Giants' system. That could mean the teams are discussing a major deal involving first baseman and catcher Victor Martinez or a lesser deal for first baseman Ryan Garko, whom the Giants scouted earlier this year.

Do not discount Toronto's Marco Scutaro or Baltimore Aubrey Huff, who is slumping and has an average below Ishikawa's, but whose 57 RBIs would rank second on the Giants to Pablo Sandoval's 58.

More immediate internal changes are possible. Triple-A first baseman Jesus Guzman is hot and could get another look.

"We're talking," manager Bruce Bochy said. "I'll talk to Brian. I'll discuss it with the staff on the plane on the way back and see what we can do to get this thing going again."

Back
Top Bottom