***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Right down the +#*@@** middle.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Once again, squandered opportunities.
mad.gif
smh.gif
What more do you want the score is 6-2. Yes have we left way to many runners on base. I'll take 6 runs and this Sanchez start any day
tired.gif
tired.gif

The Rockies bats are hot. This is freakin' Coors Field. Wilson and Merkin and Howry left in the pen -- Merkin and Howry are shaky at best. ANYTHING CANHAPPEN!!!

These missed opportunities are just a reminder that our offense is not clutch. Good teams capitalize on these opportunities.

mad.gif
smh.gif
What more do you want the score is 6-2. Yes have we left way to many runners on base. I'll take 6 runs and this Sanchez start any day. We scored 6 runs in all three games in Cincy.
Now what? The tying run is at the plate.
smh.gif
smh.gif

If we did score on those opportunities, it would have sent a huge statement to Colorado that we're a serious contender.

mad.gif
smh.gif
What more do you want the score is 6-2. Yes have we left way to many runners on base. I'll take 6 runs and this Sanchez start any day. We scored 6 runs in all three games in Cincy.
You know damn well this team isn't going to score 6 runs on a regular basis. Regardless of the score, situational hitting is what is going towin games for this team.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

If we did score on those opportunities, it would sent a huge statement to Colorado that we're a serious contender.
Yea I guess. If you asked me before the game Sanchez goes 5 gives up 2 hits.
They get 10 hits in the game(forget what the record is but when we get 10 hits were money)
Leaving the amount of runners on base that we did and still scoring 6 imo is pretty decent.

Do Velez and Pablo need to step it up I think they will get those chances later in this series.

How many pitches did Sanchez throw? I'm tired of Bochy and this 5 innings $$#!%*@@

Yea I guess. If you asked me before the game Sanchez goes 5 gives up 2 hits.
They get 10 hits in the game(forget what the record is but when we get 10 hits were money)
Leaving the amount of runners on base that we did and still scoring 6 imo is pretty decent.
Watching the game, you could see all the opportunities we missed out on. It's frustrating. We shouldn't settle for 6 runs. We shouldpounce when given the opportunity.

Rowand hit a 3 run shot. How often are we going to hit home runs? We are not a power hitting team. We cannot depend on that. We're a team that shouldmanufacture runs and hit according to situation.

Do Velez and Pablo need to step it up I think they will get those chances later in this series.
This whole team has to step it up when they are put in situations like runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. We have got to cash in on thoseopportunities. Let's say we're in the playoffs, these opportunities better not be squandered. This type of un-clutch situational hitting will not getthe job done. We have to start hitting better in these situations and it's got to start now. We're not just going to start hitting clutch out ofnowhere. It's got to start now so we can have the confidence in September and hopefully October.

How many pitches did Sanchez throw? I'm tired of Bochy and this 5 innings $$#!%*@@
I totally understand why Sanchez was pulled out of the game in the 5th. He had 91 pitches and we had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Thesituation totally called for it. We needed to score in that situation. Unfortunately, Bochy went with Lewis and Lewis struck out.

I'm sure walking the pitcher played a part in that also I just think Bochy getscaught up in the 5 innings a little to much. 91 pitches isn't all that much besides the 30 pitch inning from there no he was smooth. Yes he had 4 walks buthe was controlling the damage the one run he gave up wasn't ever earned I believe. Bochy manages him like he's a rookies. Since the no hitter reallyhow many bad starts has he had not that many.

As far as the clutch hitting yes if we can start to set good habits at the plate as far as making pitchers throw strikes and moving runners over. If you lookat this game we probably did that better than any game in NY or Cincy were we at some points weren't even getting men on 2nd base let alone third or basesloaded situations. And we did all this against a far better team. Is there room for improvement YES but I think there were a lot of positives that can be takenfrom this game.
Reguarding Velez if Sanchez can't go have him in the infeild and make sure Nate starts.
I'd love to see Travis start tomorrow but there is no way with a lefty going so Dland's boy Garko will be out there
tired.gif

Bochy tomorrow Travis is your guy off the bench NOT Lewis
grin.gif

Paul can you make a avy for me?

You guys are funny. Upset at Boch for giving Lewis the pinch hit chance rather than someone else. You guys realize he was 5 for his last 6 in pinch hitappearances going into tonight? Add that to the fact that he is hitting close to .400 in Coors field in his career. Did he look silly? Sure. But you gotta givehim that at bat.

In retrospect its really easy to say someone else should have gotten the chance. But I have a really hard time saying I would have picked someone other thanthe guy who is 5 for his last 6 in pinch hit at bats. No coach would have picked someone else. Period. End of discussion.

Originally Posted by dland24

You guys are funny. Upset at Boch for giving Lewis the pinch hit chance rather than someone else. You guys realize he was 5 for his last 6 in pinch hit appearances going into tonight? Add that to the fact that he is hitting close to .400 in Coors field in his career. Did he look silly? Sure. But you gotta give him that at bat.

In retrospect its really easy to say someone else should have gotten the chance. But I have a really hard time saying I would have picked someone other than the guy who is 5 for his last 6 in pinch hit at bats. No coach would have picked someone else. Period. End of discussion.
Let's be real. Lewis is hitting .362 in his career at Coors -- not .400.
laugh.gif

For some reason, I completely forgot about that. Looking at the numbers, Garko never had an at bat against Fogg, Sanchez is only hitting .273 off Fogg,Winn's only .222 off Fogg. But then again, Fred Lewis is a career 0-4 off of Fogg.

Anyway, my way of thinking is this... Garko's swinging a hot bat right now and Freddy Sanchez is arguably our 2nd best hitter on the team. I would havewent with either one of those guys to face Fogg.

An argument can be made that Fogg is a RHP and both Garko and Sanchez are right handed hitters. IMO, if you're swinging a hot bat or the team's 2ndbest hitter, that shouldn't stop you from pinch hitting in that situation. If Bochy was really concerned about the lefty-righty matchup. Winn's beenswinging a hot bat as well and would be batting left handed -- the best of both worlds.

Could Bochy have made another move? Sure. It didn't work and of course as manager, he's going to get questioned for it.

I'm sure walking the pitcher played a part in that also I just think Bochy gets caught up in the 5 innings a little to much. 91 pitches isn't all that much besides the 30 pitch inning from there no he was smooth. Yes he had 4 walks but he was controlling the damage the one run he gave up wasn't ever earned I believe. Bochy manages him like he's a rookies. Since the no hitter really how many bad starts has he had not that many.
If Bochy leaves him in and he gives up the lead, you would be ripping Bochy for leaving him in. He was struggling in the 5th. Get him out whenhe's in line for the win and let the bullpen do its job.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]HLD[/td] [td]CG[/td] [td]SHO[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]K[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [td]WHIP[/td] [td]BAA[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Last game vs. SFO[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2.45[/td] [td]0.95[/td] [td].250[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Career vs. SF[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]34.1[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]2.36[/td] [td]1.05[/td] [td].216[/td] [/tr][/table]
sick.gif

Jorge De La Rosa

Back
Top Bottom