***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Why the EFF did Bochy take Zito out? 113 pitches....no one on base....good chance to rest the pen. What happens? Mr. Overcoach pulls Zito, and then proceeds touse THREE relief pitchers, one which might have injured himself.
smh.gif
I just dont get it.

Great win regardless. I just hope it doesnt come back to bite us tomorrow. HUGE game tomorrow.

Originally Posted by dland24

Why the EFF did Bochy take Zito out? 113 pitches....no one on base....good chance to rest the pen. What happens? Mr. Overcoach pulls Zito, and then proceeds to use THREE relief pitchers, one which might have injured himself.
smh.gif
I just dont get it.

Great win regardless. I just hope it doesnt come back to bite us tomorrow. HUGE game tomorrow.
It's well documented that Zito's ERA jumps up when his pitch count gets up there. Bochy wanted Zito to get his complete game shut out andallowed him to get back out there. To be honest, I thought Zito's night was done after the 7th inning, but he went back out there in the 8th. That totallycaught me off guard
laugh.gif
. Anyway, Bochy put Zito was on a short leash and because we really needed this win, once Zito allowed a runner on base, that would bethe end of his night.

6h6mh0.png

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6394/situational;_ylt=A2KIPH5HBJpKKEwAcwKFCLcF

^ nice stat. I didn't mind him pulling zito but I would have like to have seen someone other than Romo someone that has mor of a closers mimdset. Romo ismiddle relief. Someone like Howry or Valdez. **** just looking ahead to the roadtrip it doesn't look like we would have to face Clif Lee unless they pitchhim on 4 games rest.

I tried to catch a ball today in practice with my bare hand like an idiot and it went straight through my hand and bounced back into the field. Romo threw itback to me though and said "catch it next time"....my hand is all swolen though

Eh, none of those guys are closer-caliber, but Romo has the best chance to be (he was our setup man down the stretch last season). He's still more reliablethan Howry and Valdez. Although, one stat I can't find is inherited runners scored for either guy. I'd be interested to see that comparison.

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Eh, none of those guys are closer-caliber, but Romo has the best chance to be (he was our setup man down the stretch last season). He's still more reliable than Howry and Valdez. Although, one stat I can't find is inherited runners scored for either guy. I'd be interested to see that comparison.
I agree that Sergio is the better option to roll with than Valdez or Howry.

In case many have forgotten, but looking back at Romo's 2008 stats from August 17th to end of that season, he hasn't been charged with an earned runnor has he given up a run.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Eh, none of those guys are closer-caliber, but Romo has the best chance to be (he was our setup man down the stretch last season). He's still more reliable than Howry and Valdez. Although, one stat I can't find is inherited runners scored for either guy. I'd be interested to see that comparison.
I agree that Sergio is the better option to roll with than Valdez or Howry.

In case many have forgotten, but looking back at Romo's 2008 stats from August 17th to end of that season, he hasn't been charged with an earned run nor has he given up a run.
2ntl8ps.png

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8282/gamelog;_ylt=A2KIPH4NJZpKJkwAPROFCLcF?year=2009

15rldzc.gif
15rldzc.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

^ nice stat. I didn't mind him pulling zito but I would have like to have seen someone other than Romo someone that has mor of a closers mimdset. Romo is middle relief. Someone like Howry or Valdez. **** just looking ahead to the roadtrip it doesn't look like we would have to face Clif Lee unless they pitch him on 4 games rest.
What are you effing talking about? You woud've rather seen Howry or Valdez?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

just looking ahead to the roadtrip it doesn't look like we would have to face Clif Lee unless they pitch him on 4 games rest.
Why would Charlie Manuel want to start Cliff Lee on 4 days rest? Look at the standings, they're 7 games ahead of Atlanta.

Zito finally has his fast ball back in the high 80s, when he does that he's a different pitcher. In years past with SF his fastball was as fast as his offspeed pitches LOL. He was really easy to hit, add the fact he's always a second half player. Its looking good for giant fans.

Velez can never take a 2-0 pitch. Let the damn pitcher throw a strike. You're the #!%+!$# leadoff man!

well 2/3 is what i asked for and it's what we getting. 2 games back now. we got to win the series in phily

Back
Top Bottom