***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Because he's a Veteran.
He made the adjustment from his previous 3 at-bats.
laugh.gif

A complete game victory with 12Ks would do wonders for his CY chances with the shelling of Carpenter.

just for the hell of it, i placed a small bet on todays game.

took the under @ 7.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

but yeah, i'll probably lose and the final scores gonna be 7-4

I like how Krukow said that Timmy wanted to go back to that pitch he got strike 1 on and Molina called something else. Timmy had to shake him off.
laugh.gif

If someone offered you a $25,000 bet that Randy Winn will hit another homerun before the year is over, would you take it?

Originally Posted by What up

If someone offered you a $25,000 bet that Randy Winn will hit another homerun before the year is over, would you take it?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Looking ahead in the schedule, we have 3 more games in Arizona and that was where Randy hit his last homerun. I like my chances that he wouldn't.

Wait a minute, the guy is saying that Randy Winn would hit another HR this year and I'm saying he's not. That's the bet I'm taking.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

While people are watching Joe Mauer trying to hit .400. I'm quietly watching Randy Winn trying to hit his third homerun of the season.

Then you agree with me. I guess my wording was confusing.

I meant, if someone approached you with the proposed bet: If Randy Winn hits his 3rd career this season, you win; if he doesn't, you lose. Easy way to make$25k because it's just a measly little homerun. It's just that Winn has nothing left in his tank.

Baseball Prospectus

What the Giants should do this offseason

"The Giants are scoring an awful 3.95 runs per game this year, a half-run per game off the pace of the league average, suggesting that they are in no way one free agent signing away from fielding a legitimately effective offense. Signing Matt Holliday to a lucrative contract would be fantastic, but if he re-signs with the Cards or moves to greener pastures, GM Brian Sabean could stand to spend less money while simultaneously upgrading at a few positions, by bringing in Russell Branyan or Hank Blalock to play 1B, cutting ties with Edgar Renteria in exchange for Marco Scutaro at SS, exercising Freddy Sanchez's option at 2B, and replacing Randy Winn with the likes of Marlon Byrd. These moves won't turn the Giants into a powerhouse on offense but they will provide improvements in several areas as opposed to one." - Eric Seidman

Back
Top Bottom