SF Heads: Check-In (Fine Dining around the Bay)

Looking for a nice spot to take my girl for Valentine's Day in or around San Francisco. Preferrably a spot with a nice scenery, something romantic. Help meout NT!

GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I heard house of prime Rib was booked not 100% sure tho. Check them out
Ruth Chris which is right across the street ( there a litle bit more pricey cause its a la carte)
Crustaceans/Thai Long VERY underated.
Clementine French cusine (Small protions but Very good)
I night I'd like to forget

frown.gif
tired.gif

I have heard some good things about The Slanted Door andThe Cliff House never been tho

Gary Danko
Boulevard
Michael Mina

French Laundry is in Yountville, near Napa. prob the #1 restaurant in America.

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Gary Danko
Boulevard
Michael Mina

French Laundry is in Yountville, near Napa. prob the #1 restaurant in America.
you're gonna need to call FL now for a reservation weeks away...

Originally Posted by anchorblue23

Palomino's along the Embarcadero waterfront

laugh.gif
I work at Palomino and I wouldn't call it fine dining. If youdecide you want to go there for V-day, make the reservation and holla at me. I'll have them put you in my section and I'll see if I can do to hook itup. I can prob hook it up with some drinks and an app.

Originally Posted by LB510

I heard house of prime Rib was booked not 100% sure tho. Check them out
Ruth Chris which is right across the street ( there a litle bit more pricey cause its a la carte)
Crustaceans/Thai Long VERY underated.
Clementine French cusine (Small protions but Very good)
I night I'd like to forget

frown.gif
tired.gif

I have heard some good things about The Slanted Door andThe Cliff House never been tho
The slanted door and cliff house? i do buisness with these ppl. lol i call them and ask them to pay up!

If you cant afford Thomas Keller's French Laundry (prix fixe $240) you can dine @ his sister restaurant which is right down the street, Bouchon. The foodis delicious and the atmosphere is grand. They offer a regular menu which ranges from $30-$50 and a newer prix fixe 3 course tasting menu. Reservations will betough this late though.

I'll be there with my lady on Saturday. Have fun!

Ouch my feet have you had the chance to dine at FL? If so how was it? I don't mind paying the $240, but I saw some of the menus and some of the fooddoesn't sound like I would eat.

You guys need to check out opentable.com for restaurants. You can check out reviews, make reservations and earn points to redeem for a diners checks valid atany restaurant that's on open table when you make a reservation. IMO, you don't need to dine at a fancy restaurant for it to be 'romantic'.Some of my favorites in the City are:
- First Crush
- Cliff House
- Daffodil
- Clementine
- La Folie

La Fondue in Saratoga is a must.

i just got reservations at acme chophouse at the ball park. the menu looks really good, i hope its right. i ate at joe dimaggio's a couple of weeks backand was very dissapointed

Try the carinelion room at 555 california you can see the whole sf while eating but very pricy and a dress code

So I hit up Crustaceans for the first time last night. Highly overrated IMO. Tried a bunch of appetizers that sounded great on the menu, but ended up beingpretty typical Vietnamese cuisine. Garlic crab was good, but nothing amazing-- as well as the garlic noodles. Dissapointing to say the least, especially withthe $160 bill for 2.

I tried to make reservations last year, but the list on open table is ALWAYS booked to the maximum of 30 days. I called in and got a 3 month wait so I put iton the backburner. The menu is pretty straight forward, oysters and caviar, foie gras, salad, sturgeon, rabbit, veal, etc... You wouldnt eat it because its notsomething youre used to? Or is there something else? (Allergy, etc..) If you can wait for a reservation I would say go for it.

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

So I hit up Crustaceans for the first time last night. Highly overrated IMO. Tried a bunch of appetizers that sounded great on the menu, but ended up being pretty typical Vietnamese cuisine. Garlic crab was good, but nothing amazing-- as well as the garlic noodles. Dissapointing to say the least, especially with the $160 bill for 2.

Are you serious garlic noodles are
pimp.gif

I can't wait for them to open the one in Berkeley.
160 though? that a lot for just two waht else did you get?

Ordered 4 or 5 appetizers, 1 crab, 1 garlic noodle, and 1 dessert. The thing that bugged me was the description of the appetizers on the menu made everythingsound like something it wasn't, when the dishes came, it was really typical asian food. For example, their "seafood cakes", the description madethem sound like crab cakes, but with other types of seafood instead of crab-- nope... ended up being fried fish balls. Their chicken and beef skewers tastedlike lemon grass chicken you can get at any pho noodle spot, and their wonton shrimp is also a typical vietnamese dish that I have very often at my boy'shouse. Garlic noodles didn't impress me either, I guess the idea of plain noodles fried up with garlic just wasn't doin it for me. The crab wasdefinitely the best part of the meal.

Back
Top Bottom