"Shakedown 1979, Cool Kids Never Have The Time" :hat

1979 appreciation post. I know you guys like this as much as I do. Nice and chill.
pimp.gif
. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is such a great album in my opinion. Smashing Pumpkins FTW

One of my good buddies back home loves The Smashing Pumpkins and I don't trust his musical opinion at all so I never even gave them a chance. I finallyheard this song about 5 years ago and played it daily for months. I'm a big fan of this album and Gish but can't really get into the other stuff.

Song is definitely appreciated though. BTW, it was used to perfection in Clerks 2

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

I'm a big fan of this album and Gish but can't really get into the other stuff.
Really? I think Siamese Dream is so much better than Gish.

"Mayonaise"
pimp.gif

"1979" is also appreciated.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

I finally heard this song about 5 years ago and played it daily for months. I'm a big fan of this album and Gish but can't really get into the other stuff.
Yea, I love the vibe this song has. I can play it for hours straight. Gish is good, but I agree with Tuff G0ng, I really like Siamese Dream andthis album a little bit more. The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning is another of my favorite songs by them.

Though I'm still in my mid twenties, this song makes me long for middle school/high school care free days, before real life worries and bills came. Remindsme of that "Alright" song by Supergrass. My oldest sister use to bump this along with pearl jam, STP, Nirvana, Blues Traveler, etc..

I love this song.
pimp.gif

I urge everyone to pick up their Greatest Hits album. It basically has every great song by them.

I love this song.

One question: someone did a cover of this on MySpace, would anyone know who that artist would be?

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Adore
Also love that album and the direction they were going in; but after that is when I pretty much stopped messing with them, no coincidence thatthat's also when the band started to completely fall apart.

But Pisces Iscariot will always be my favorite material.

<3 "Landslide" cover.

^
Siamese Dream/Mellon Collie (toss-up)
Gish
Adore
Machina/The Machines of God
Pisces Iscariot
Zeitgeist
Rotten Apples
Machina II/The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music

IMO.

pimp.gif

I'm wearing a Zero shirt right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'd have to say Siamese Dream is their best album, though I definitely alternate among all their albums as far as which ones I listen to consistently.Lately I've been getting into a lot of their later stuff/demos.

One song that I'd recommend to any Pumpkins fan is Speed Kills, it was a B-side on the Stand Inside Your Love single (from the Machines of God album).There is a version of it on Machina II, but it's pretty different and not near as good. It's pretty hard to find, I just bought it off Itunes, but itis one of their best songs IMO.

Here is a link to where you can listen to it online http://us.dada.net/music/thesmashingpumpkins/speed-kills_1686374m.html

Back
Top Bottom