Shawne Williams to Dallas for two 2nd rounders and Eddie Jones

^^^In five years maybe
laugh.gif

Wright is the better all-around player right now. Dallas is looking for a guy who can play within the offense, not jack up too many shots, but get his bucketsplaying off of Dirk, Howard, Kidd.

And yeah, I like Singleton. I hope they ease up on Devean George and give his minutes to Singleton. He can do pretty much everything Devean does but is thebetter athlete.

AW is lightyears ahead of Green right now, the only edge Green has is athleticism.

AW is a better defender, a good shooter, and can pass the ball around.

What position does Singleton even play? SF/PF type like Bass? I know he's an athlete, but other than that I'm in the dark... And I thought they wentahead and gave him a one-year deal during Summer Leagues? Maybe not...
Gerald Green is going to be that starting 2 eventually...watch
I'm as much a Gerald Green fan as anyone you'll find, but I'm not even sure I believe that... Would love to see it for sure, buthe's gotta show he's not ******ed... Talent is there, no question about that, but he's gotta pick it up on the mental side of things...

Shawne Williams should have stayed in school. He's really talented but doesn't seem to have the mental makeup for the NBA...Imagine the Memphis team ifhe played with CDR, Dorsey, & Rose.

Nice pick up............. but we are still gonna loose in the first round.

So here's the roster...

PG: Kidd, Terry, Barea
SG: Wright, Williams, Green
SF: Howard, Stackhouse, George
PF: Nowitzki, Bass, Singleton
C: Diop, Dampier

One open roster spot... Shan Foster is supposedly going to Europe for a year or playing in the NBDL, so he's out... Who gets the last spot?

Chalk my vote up for Charles Rhodes...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What position does Singleton even play? SF/PF type like Bass? I know he's an athlete, but other than that I'm in the dark... And I thought they went ahead and gave him a one-year deal during Summer Leagues? Maybe not.....
singleton is one of those small forwards that doesn't have typical small forward skills but is really athletic and strong...think rubenpatterson or mo evans, just taller.

Damn I hope somehow Reyshawn does make it. He's been playing really well in preseason and they can still send him off to the NBDL.

Nice pickup. Two second rounders isn't giving up much when you're consistently making the playoffs.

I acknowledge they also gave up Eddie Jones.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So here's the roster...

PG: Kidd, Terry, Barea
SG: Wright, Williams, Green
SF: Howard, Stackhouse, George
PF: Nowitzki, Bass, Singleton
C: Diop, Dampier

One open roster spot... Shan Foster is supposedly going to Europe for a year or playing in the NBDL, so he's out... Who gets the last spot?

Chalk my vote up for Charles Rhodes...
I'm glad Singleton is staying. He's so long I really think he can play Center if we want to go small if we put Dirk in there. Rhodes is analright choice, but I personally would rather have Reyshawn Terry, he's spent a lot of time with the Mavericks already.

i'm still waiting for the day Eddie comes back to LA
ohwell.gif
I knowhe's not the same player from the 90s... but he was still one of my faves

Originally Posted by Nike God

Shawne Williams should have stayed in school. He's really talented but doesn't seem to have the mental makeup for the NBA...Imagine the Memphis team if he played with CDR, Dorsey, & Rose.

You a Memphis fan? I used to know a guy on this board that was a Memphis fan. He lived in Arizona too. Small world eh?

pimp.gif

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by Nike God

Shawne Williams should have stayed in school. He's really talented but doesn't seem to have the mental makeup for the NBA...Imagine the Memphis team if he played with CDR, Dorsey, & Rose.

You a Memphis fan? I used to know a guy on this board that was a Memphis fan. He lived in Arizona too. Small world eh?

pimp.gif

No, just a fan of college ball in general. I saw Williams play as a freshman and thought he'd be a pretty good player...but I was surprisedwhen he came out that year. I like their style of play, but I have no allegiance toward that team.

Dallas could use some more youth at that position.

EJ + picks/cash to Indy is good for Larry Legend & Co.

WIN/WIN IMO

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

why are mavs fans excited for a 12th man that isnt even gonna crack the rotation?
grin.gif

i dont see anyone excited about this ...

I am excited. I hate Eddie Jones, Trenton Hassell, Jerry Stackhouse, Juwan Howard, and the rest of the nursing home we had suited up last yr. I actually likedDG somehow though. He was still sneaky athletic and would always make hustle/athletic plays when you least expected them but need them most, like when heblocked D12

Back
Top Bottom