Shea Stadium got Rick Rolled

http://ballhype.com/story/metsblog_com_news_rick_astely_wins_for_one_day/

So, FARK and DIGG rallied their troops, and got 5 million people to vote for Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up in the team'seighth-inning sing-a-long contest.
Instead of declaring Astley the winner, the team will hold a live, run-off vote.

Tomorrow, during the eighth inning, they'll play Never Gonna Give You Up, followed by Living on a Prayer on Wednesday, I'm aBeliever on Thursday, Movin' Out on Friday, Sweet Caroline on Saturday and Build Me Up Buttercup on Sunday.

i actually like this solution…instead of just ignoring the FARK.com results, which are very real, Rick Astley and theirefforts are recognized…however, as it was explained to me by the team, knowing full well that only a small, small percentage of those 5 million votescame from actual Mets fans, by playing the top six songs at Shea, the team can now gauge how their own, real fan base takes to each tunebased on audience participation, which will ultimately determine the stadium's new sing-a-long song…

…the funniest part about this entire thing is that, i never, in a million years, thought i would dedicate this much time and space to Rick Astleyon MetsBlog.com…and i laugh every time i write his name…well played, FARK…well played, indeedthis may be one of thebiggest Rickrolls ever
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh man...this just made my day.

Sorry if I am late.
astley1.jpg

Why would they use Sweet Caroline? That'd be really cool of them...All those other songs are cheesy trash anyway. Might as well just use Astley's song,at least people would laugh for the first time or three.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Why would they use Sweet Caroline? That'd be really cool of them...All those other songs are cheesy trash anyway. Might as well just use Astley's song, at least people would laugh for the first time or three.

Because most of those songs are popular older songs, Sweet Carolina, Believer, Build Me Up Buttercup, etc. are songs that a lot of people know the words toand could easily sing along.

Im a big fan of the whole Rick Roll'd video so when I was in the elevator at work today, it showed it on the news in the elevator, I couldn't stoplaughing. Thank god no one was in the elevator with me.

I guarantee the whole stadium goes nuts

Yo i am watching the Mets right now and i heard the song played at the top of the 8th inning.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by FreshProduct

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I don't like that Rick Roll'd nonsense, but hey what can you do.

For starters, you can follow your sig.
happy.gif

*Looks at PIW sig..

giggles*

That's funny though, I voted too. I doubt the fans at the live vote are going to choose it though.

Conversation with my friend who is at the game: (season tickets)

Me: Yo you going to the game tmrw? Mets? Apparently they have a rick astley sing a long?

Him: Im here now. They did it today

Me: How was it..did ppl laugh?

Him: They booed cause the song is mad gay lol

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom