*SHOCK POST* IMO, MJ "Bad" > "Thriller"....no really....

Originally Posted by illphillip

I've never heard something so preposterous.

Off The Wall/Thriller is a toss up to me. But BAD? Nope.
thats basically it....

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

I feel like most people who say that bad was better than thriller either grew up on that record, or heard it first,or wanna say that bad is better because most people say otherwise. Thriller was a much more organic album, bad sounds computerized. Speed demon and just good friends are average. Thriller has no average tracks... even baby be mine (which is one of my favorite songs). The writing on thriller > bad. Hell Dangerous> Bad.
Off the wall sounds dated as well...disco
Thriller>Off the Wall>Dangerous>Bad>Invincible

BTW the string of songs from thriller-pyt anything on bad....
well Bad came out in 1987, I was born in 86 so...

as far as just to go against the grain, nah, I was just listening to Bad and thinking how good it was yet how slept on it is (ex: Dangerous > Bad nonsense
tired.gif
). I think Thriller is seen as better due to its videos and itssales. Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller are 3 of his best videos EVER to many.

How does Bad sound computerized? I don't hear that at all.

Thriller has no average tracks? Baby Be Mine is very average. The Girl Is Mine is very "safe" most of its acclaim comes from the fact that he hadPaul McCartney on the song.

And someone please explain why they believe Dangerous is better than Bad? Because right now folks are just throwin >'s around all willy nilly...

While we're at it, please explain why Off the Wall is even seeing Thriller, outside of nostalgic reasons? I think Thriller is heads and shoulders aboveOff the Wall.

Fantastic4our wrote:
Yes Thriller is the single greatest selling album in music history and generally accepted as his best solo album, but in the past weeks, listening to MJ's work, I think Bad slightly edges it out. It has a better ratio of incredible tracks/average tracks.

Bad - Mike on his G %!#!
pimp.gif

The Way You Make Me Feel - Mike on his smooth playa %!#!
pimp.gif

Speed Demon - I just love the bridge on this joint
Liberian Girl - Mike on his sensitive mack game
pimp.gif

Just Good Friends - the only real "average" track on this album
Another Part of Me - just a dope track overall
Man In The Mirror - introspective look at the world. shows his commitment to making a change
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - without a doubt one of his best solo ballads
Dirty Diana - the guitar!
eek.gif
man eff these groupies man...
Smooth Criminal - "Annie are you ok?"
Leave Me Alone - one of his most personal tracks. I like the video even more

I'm still debating with myself internally on this one but in my heart I know it's true. Discuss

I totally agree.

I just like the feel of Bad more. Liberian girl. is one of my fav Mike tracks and ' Leave me Alone" and " Dirty Diana"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Off The Wall > Thriller > Bad > Dangerous > Invincible > HIStory > Blood On the Dance Floor > all his other albums

well Bad came out in 1987, I was born in 86 so...

as far as just to go against the grain, nah, I was just listening to Bad and thinking how good it was yet how slept on it is (ex: Dangerous > Bad nonsense
tired.gif
). I think Thriller is seen as better due to its videos and its sales. Beat It, Billie Jean, Thriller are 3 of his best videos EVER to many.

How does Bad sound computerized? I don't hear that at all.

Thriller has no average tracks? Baby Be Mine is very average. The Girl Is Mine is very "safe" most of its acclaim comes from the fact that he had Paul McCartney on the song.

And someone please explain why they believe Dangerous is better than Bad? Because right now folks are just throwin >'s around all willy nilly...

While we're at it, please explain why Off the Wall is even seeing Thriller, outside of nostalgic reasons? I think Thriller is heads and shoulders above Off the Wall.

I was born in 86, and i have a friend who feels the same way that you do. He was also born in 86. His argument thou is the the most number hits from one albumargument. I say it sounds computerized bc the sound effects sound very much like the computerized sound effects that everyone was using heavily around thistime. The drums sounded very robotic to me....
Like someone else said, baby be mine is not average at all..... and even if it is Just good friends sounds like a poor man The girl is mine, its sounds forced.Speed demon is wack. I actually owned the full BAD album before i got the full Thriller album so i don't think its b/c of all the hype it got. As a matterof fact i think there is a reason that it got all that hype.... its his best album.... The hits are better on this album.... Billie Jean, Human Nature and BeatIt are better than any song on Bad.

As far as the Dangerous album..... thats another story, basically I feel like Dangerous is the album that most personified Mike, he had the most creativecontrol. I gotta go to work
laugh.gif
I wish i could break it down more.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

None of the chick/love songs on Thriller are seeing "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"

Baby Be Mine is an easy skip.
I'm taking The Lady In My Life > I Just Can't Stop Loving You, idk that's just me though. And I really don't know how youdon't like Baby Be Mine, that song's the %$#&

Thriller > *

that whole damn album is PERFECTION... homie could have released every track as a single.

Some songs from other albums are better than some of the tracks on Thriller though. I think Rock With You/Smooth Criminal are his best songs... Wanna BeStarting Something a close 2nd...

bad is the only mike album that gives thriller any type of competition. i still prefer thriller, though.

thriller got da best singles

off da wall rides better front to back da smoothest...its super cohesive

bad is good, but starts da decline.

Bad narrowly beats Thriller on my list. Also, don't sleep on Dangerous like it's something to be messed with. All in all, those four albums (Off TheWall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous) are damn close in my estimation.

Bad is my favorite though, so there goes the title.

ok.

smooth criminal
bad
dirty diana
leave me alone
the way you make me feel
liberian girl
man in the mirror
another part of me

and dangerous is better? how? on what planet??
bad had better singles than thriller. yeah, i said it.
bad > thriller> off the wall> dangerous > or = history > everything else

Why does everyone hate on Dangerous? I believe that album is the best representation ofMJ.

Back
Top Bottom