Shoe Collection too big? Is it time to pair down?

ARK

All of us here love shoes. We talk about them, post pictures of them, and buy them up on release day. Eventually, you've copped so many of your favorites your collection has grown too big. Its kind of an addiction really.

At what point do you decide you have too many - Is your house getting over run with shoes? Did someone in your family say something about pairing down your collection? Did one great sneaker come out that your willing to sacrifice others to get more of your favorite? Whatever your reason, I'm curious to know how you paired down your collection - sell them, return them, or? Im currently in this situation myself. Im ready to return some, sell some, collect the ones I want more of, and donate the rest. At some point you don't own your shoes, your shoes own you.

Is anyone else facing this dilemma and if so how did you fix it?

Last edited:
Keep em for your son and make them an incentive/earn it for good grades or whatever. or sell em and put it toward his college fund

Last edited:
Been collecting sneakers since 2004 back when I got my first job at Champs Sports. Was always into sneakers when I was younger, but my parents just couldn't afford to buy me sneakers several times a year. I was only afforded the opportunity to get a new pair once every year.

From 2004 to 2011 I would usually buy every OG Jordan he wore or Nikes which released. The last pair I bought in 2011 were the White Cement 3's and took an extended break going into 2015. Biggest reason for this was due to the poor quality of releases and awful colorways. I'd still buy Nike runners between 2011-2015, but I wouldn't be picking up 8-10 pairs every year. More like 2-3 pairs a year.

Once 2016 came along, JB released all the heaters and I saw myself getting back into sneakers. My collection has gotten to the point where I have no space to move around in the room which the sneakers are stored in.

My wife has suggested I use flip-top boxes that are stackable and discard the OG sneaker boxes just so the collection is more manageable to store.

But to answer your question, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. But there come a point where I downsize and sell off some pairs. Problem is, I have a lot of heaters. 90% of my collection are heaters and the rest are simple GR's or newer colors from the lifestyle colllection. I'm really in a bind here :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
Keep em for your son and make them an incentive/earn it for good grades or whatever. or sell em and put it toward his college fund

This is a bad idea. By the time he's old enough to wear the sneakers, they may very well be unwearable or start to fall apart.

I know, because I've had several sneakers from the early 00's that have began to become unwearable.

I've thought of this idea as well, but unfortunately, it may not be possible.

Been collecting sneakers since 2004 back when I got my first job at Champs Sports. Was always into sneakers when I was younger, but my parents just couldn't afford to buy me sneakers several times a year. I was only afforded the opportunity to get a new pair once every year.

From 2004 to 2011 I would usually buy every OG Jordan he wore or Nikes which released. The last pair I bought in 2011 were the White Cement 3's and took an extended break going into 2015. Biggest reason for this was due to the poor quality of releases and awful colorways. I'd still buy Nike runners between 2011-2015, but I wouldn't be picking up 8-10 pairs every year. More like 2-3 pairs a year.

Once 2016 came along, JB released all the heaters and I saw myself getting back into sneakers. My collection has gotten to the point where I have no space to move around in the room which the sneakers are stored in.

My wife has suggested I use flip-top boxes that are stackable and discard the OG sneaker boxes just so the collection is more manageable to store.

But to answer your question, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. But there come a point where I downsize and sell off some pairs. Problem is, I have a lot of heaters. 90% of my collection are heaters and the rest are simple GR's or newer colors from the lifestyle colllection. I'm really in a bind here
laugh.gif
Repped! Champs Sports alum here as well from about 1993 to mid 2000. That 30% employee discount was nice during the time when Nike was in its prime. 

Back
Top Bottom