Shoe mural advice/suggestions...Painting 12-15 shoes. No PICS

c4

Just looking for some suggestions on what shoes to include in a mural of 12-15 shoes or so.

So far I'm thinking of: Jordan I, III, V, VI, XI, and AM 87, AM 90, AM 95, AFI high, royal foams, and Penny 1, maybe some trainers
The shoes listed, although on the cliche side, are some of my favorites and what I feel to be the most RECOGNIZABLE/iconic.

I want your average person to recognize a few if not most of them in the mural. Any suggestions? Thanks NT (oh yeah, mural is going in a spot in S.F.)

^It's going into a spot called Double Dutch. They recently had a display case full of shoes stolen, so I'm basically painting a "shoedisplay" on the wall.

Am I missing any shoes? Anyone?

no dunk? a dunk high?

how about a presto? Air More uptempo? any dream team shoe.

interesting concept. do you want to be broad and cover almost every genre? just the mainstream recently popular shoes? timeless classics that may not betotally recognizable?

as far as trainers, i feel on a popularity front, you may have just two options.. your timeless air trainer 1 mcenroe "chlorophyll" c/w, and possiblyyour "auburn" bo jackson sc trainer that was just recently retroed.

at any rate, I can provide you with many images of both models from many views and sources.

^All great ideas guys.
I basically want the final piece to be a representation my favorites mixed with the most iconic and recognizable. I'd love for normal people to see it andremember that shoe from when they were younger.
All shoes suggested have gone through my mind.

Wally-thanks for the offer of sending images. If I were to include a trainer it would definitely be one of the two you suggested....Those are the two pairs Ihad in mind, and I'm a fan of both.

I also only like painting what I own, but I've got everything that I've listed and almost everything that has been suggested. Thanks guys

What colorways would you be putting up?

My suggestions....

Jordan
I - Blk/Red
III - White Cement
V - Fire Red (like the '99 and cdp one) or Grapes
VI - Infared
XI - Blk/red or Concord
XII - Wht/Red
XIII - Playoffs - Blk/Blk/Wht
XIV - Indiglo or Last shot

Penny 1 - Orlando
Royal Foam One
Wht/Red AM 87
Infared - AM 90
Neon - AM 95
Silver/Wht/Red - AM 97

AIR MAX DELUXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carbon ZF 95
Air More Uptempo - Olympics

And I think you should seriously ponder putting a HyperDunk as it's prob one of the soon to be iconic sneakers ever made. For it's groundbreakingtechnology and massive following.

So, I've started the project and as I've mentioned, the buyer wants it to look like you're looking at a shoe display on the wall.
The shoes I'm including are:

Top Shelf of mural: bl/red jordan I, wh cement III, black metallic V (my first pair as a lil kid), carmine VI (would have done black infrareds but to balancethe painting I chose the carmines even though
I like the infrareds better, and concord XI's

Bottom Shelf of Mural: bl/white af1 high, wh/red am 87, infrared am 90, neon am97, royal foam

The owners spot is themed in mid 80's-mid 90's hip hop, style, etc so all shoes will be from that time period, although I do like the idea of includinga "newer" shoe.

Thanks for the help guys.

I'll definitely post the final product. I was going to post a sneak peak, but I thought it was too far along for that, so I'll just put it up in a weekor two when it's finished.
Thanks for the interest guys. Although I didn't have much creative control it has still been a fun, rewarding project.

Back
Top Bottom