Shoes being held in customs, any help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi NTers,

As some of you may know I'm located in France and I send shoes to US very often.

This time I have sent a pair of AJ XI Gammas to a guy in US who purchased them.

However when I check the tracking of the shoes on this website: http://www.colissimo.fr/portail_colissimo/suivre.do?language=en_GB

Here is the tracking number: CC594103019FR

The last status says:

06/05/2014 "Your parcel is being held by our services. We are waiting for its custom clearance" United States

I have sent parcels before and that's the first time it happened to me, it's been a week now and the buyer still did not receive the shoes.

Do you know should we contact in US to get more info about that ? It's crazy that customs are holding the shoes for a week!!

Thanks for helping me,

i always thought they send a bill afterwards or some carriers ask for the fee when they ring your doorbell. 

depends on the company...some ask at the door , some send a bill later & some want it before its released

im positive fedex sends a bill after not 100% about ups or usps

Hi NTers and thanks for the help

Yeah that's what I thought too but seems like the buyer did not receive any bill and I didn't receive one either

Hi NTers and thanks for the help

Yeah that's what I thought too but seems like the buyer did not receive any bill and I didn't receive one either

The buyer pays the fee when they get it. I was scammed by a person who did not go pick up the package and pay the fees until after a case was opened and decided against me. The very next day he goes and gets the package, after paypal refunded him out of my account.

I suggest you file a report with your local post office IMMEDIATELY. Once they start investigating it will put pressure on whoever is holding the package here in the US to either collect the fees and deliver it or send it back to you. France will probably give USPS a timeframe to take action with the package. If that timeframe falls within the timeframe of any paypal or ebay case that might be opened up, then the buyer will either have to go pick it up in which case you can get the case closed in your favor, or they will send it back. So long story short, file a lost or undelivered package claim with the french post office, yesterday.

Oh and if the buyer is able to get the case closed and get his refund while the package is still at the customs office, he can just go pick it up then and keep it. You can appeal the decision of the case because your tracking will show delivered then, but winning the appeal does not get you your money back. I repeat, you will not get refunded by paypal even if you win the appeal.

Hi NTers,

As some of you may know I'm located in France and I send shoes to US very often.
This time I have sent a pair of AJ XI Gammas to a guy in US who purchased them.
However when I check the tracking of the shoes on this website: http://www.colissimo.fr/portail_colissimo/suivre.do?language=en_GB
Here is the tracking number: CC594103019FR

The last status says:

06/05/2014 "Your parcel is being held by our services. We are waiting for its custom clearance" United States

I have sent parcels before and that's the first time it happened to me, it's been a week now and the buyer still did not receive the shoes.

Do you know should we contact in US to get more info about that ? It's crazy that customs are holding the shoes for a week!!

Thanks for helping me,

Is it weird that I read this post in a french accent? Not purposely...

Is it weird that I read this post in a french accent? Not purposely...
Lol at this
The buyer pays the fee when they get it. I was scammed by a person who did not go pick up the package and pay the fees until after a case was opened and decided against me. The very next day he goes and gets the package, after paypal refunded him out of my account.

I suggest you file a report with your local post office IMMEDIATELY. Once they start investigating it will put pressure on whoever is holding the package here in the US to either collect the fees and deliver it or send it back to you. France will probably give USPS a timeframe to take action with the package. If that timeframe falls within the timeframe of any paypal or ebay case that might be opened up, then the buyer will either have to go pick it up in which case you can get the case closed in your favor, or they will send it back. So long story short, file a lost or undelivered package claim with the french post office, yesterday.

Oh and if the buyer is able to get the case closed and get his refund while the package is still at the customs office, he can just go pick it up then and keep it. You can appeal the decision of the case because your tracking will show delivered then, but winning the appeal does not get you your money back. I repeat, you will not get refunded by paypal even if you win the appeal.
Repped, I have called the post office to ask to file a claim and they said US customs have the right to hold the package up to 30 days after they received it. Thus, it is impossible to file a claim before those 30 days.

Also the bad point is I have typed a wrong digit in the recipient phone number so if customs or USPS want to contact him they can only do it via mail.

Shoes finally arrived to the buyer's place.

Thanks for the help, please close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom