shoes for prom

I see what you're saying RFX45. Trust me, I'd wear casual clothes if I could toprom, but they require that you wear a tuxedo. I'm not much of the dress up type, and dress shoes have always felt uncomfortable to me. I think it'shypocritical of the school to say you have to wear a tuxedo, but then they don't care if you wear sneakers.

Go ahead and wear the baggy or skin tight jeans, with XXL button down, Spizike with a matching fitted or whatever it is kids wear at high school "today."

roll.gif

I don't wear anything close to that, but I see you're just trying to make a point.

Plus your sneakers would match the outfit.
Hey now, my sneakers will still match my outfit.
tongue.gif

I just think that since I'm 18, that I should dress how I like. Sure, 20 years from now my tastemight change, but that's 20 years from now. I'm not trying to dress like I'm 40 or anything. It's just a high school prom and I'm nottaking it seriously(should I?).

Sneakers at prom? Is this a joke?
Who the hell does this?
At least keep SOME part of prom classy, regardless if you grind-dance.
You'll look like a clown and I hope you get joked on and that it ruins your night.

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Sneakers at prom? Is this a joke?
Who the hell does this?
At least keep SOME part of prom classy, regardless if you grind-dance.
You'll look like a clown and I hope you get joked on and that it ruins your night.

nothing wrong with wearing sneakers to prom. ill be wearing dress shoe, but i see no problem with sneakers

i love sneakers
i almost wore some to my girls prom but i didn't and when i look back at the pics, dress shoes were the best bet
not lame square toes but some nice round toes are equally fresh for the event

Honestly, it's not that serious.

If guys want to wear sneakers, it's no big deal. They're 18 years old. It's not like they are going to a business related black tie affair. I alsodoubt they are going to look back 20 years from now and focus on what they wore on their feet at their prom. If you're regretting your prom 20 years lateryou haven't had a very fulfilling life; if you're focused that much on what you WORE 20 years ago then you REALLY have problems.

With that said, kicks or more casual shoes can look good with a suit or even a tux. SpaceJ's AF1s are crack with a tux, especially for someone who's18. With all of the brightly colored vests and terrible all teal tuxedos with tails that you see at proms, kicks will be FAR from the tackiest thing you see.

It really comes down to personal style. If someone has dope personal style, they can make a tux and kicks look great. Just like someone with terrible style canmake a tux and nice shoes look bad.

I also wonder why I don't see you guys hating on Kanye when he rocks kicks with a suit. Hypocrites maybe?

for what it's worth, when i look back at the most memorable events of my life so far... prom isn't even on the radar.

have fun with it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by FreshMoney15

Man let the man wear what he wants!!
Its Prom, wear what you want homie!!
Honestly one of my best memories at prom is looking back and remembering how i had like the freshest fit there.
I wore all black tux, gold tie and vest and Black/Gold Patent Leather 1s, damn i was fresh!

As fas as black n red, Black/Red XIs would be dope.
Dont wear sneakers that stand out too much and take attention off the suit (such as old love 1s)
I liked my fit cuz it was fresh n conservative, not tacky and flashy.

I also suggest getting some patent leather shoes, not any other type cuz then it dont look good.
Black/Red XVIs get a maybe, Playoff VIIIs get a no no.
Suede might be fresh too, i wanted to wear black/royal XVIIIs but my date was wearing gold so i picked the 1s.
Stealth XX3s might be alright, the thing i dont like about them is the contrast stitching (too flashy IMO).
Stealth XXs would be fresh!! (Dont try anything with the straps though, make sure they dont show, dont try anything stupid with them like tucking in the slacks in them or something like that (ive seen people do it w/ jeans and i just think why would you do that).
The low top 1s that came out about a year ago might not be so bad, plus they under retail so if ppl step on them its no big deal.

To sum it up, pick either Blk/Red XIs, or Stealth XXs. (These are your best bets)
Other than these maybe those low top 1s.

Edit: The blk/red XIXs might not be bad either, but they a little too bulky.

That sounds good and all but he did ask what to wear. You can't tell us to to let him wear what he wants when he is asking what to wear. We just gave suggestions, the same way you gave suggestions. The only difference is we suggest going with dress shoes and you suggest sneakers. So just rememebr he said, "Anybody have any suggestions on what shoes i should wear?" He didn't specify whether he is consider sneakers, dress shoes or boots. He just said recommend a shoe and thats what we did.

Actually i wasn't talking about you guys, i know you were giving suggestions, just like i was. I said that because many posts after mine have statedwhat i didnt want him to hear... which was that he should not wear sneakers.

^^ not a good look
smh.gif

and to the thread starter, get yourself a pair of pants that fit. tux pants should not be worn like jeans with the ruffles at the bottom

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

I also wonder why I don't see you guys hating on Kanye when he rocks kicks with a suit. Hypocrites maybe?

It's a cardinal sin to hate Kanye on NT

i wouldnt wear sneakers personally, i mine back in high school its sneakers all day prom was an opportunity to show bammas you can switch gears and still freakit.

to my girls prom last year:

bonus shot. my prom 06
roll.gif
memories:

personally, if you dont wear sneakers to grad your going to regret it....because despite how good/sharp your tux looks.....you look the SAME as 500 other kids.
Spice it up a bit...its prom for F sakes, not your wedding, or someones funeral.

Think about it. Red carpet #$%*..john mayer spices it up with the AF1s, or Kanye in the Anaconda Af1s or endless black americans in PL/Gold 1s
Especially if your known as the sneaker head at your school. wear sneakers. its just prom haha

I dont know...maybe views are different in Canada where I graduated, but I had nothin but props all night of Graduation, but don't get me wrong, I threw onsome Rockports for commencement night (which is the handing out of diploma and the speeches)
commencement:

Grad night

Originally Posted by squadboy415

I wore old loves last year!

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

$+%?, dont do it Thread Starter you will thank me later, and to the person that said they wore a FITTED 2 the prom
smh.gif
smh.gif
where do you live???

WAY 2 ghetto man, so some class man
roll.gif

I LOVE MY LIL BRO BUT SOMETIMES KIDS CAN GET STUPID. I KEPT IT CLASSY BACK IN THE DAY.

IM BURNING OUT MY LIL BRO.... SORRY EDWARD... KIDS THESE DAYS... TISK TISK
48615484841261817b539124bc78498cc0c980d.bmp
laugh.gif

for real, how u gonna show up to prom in a pair of kicks u gonna be playing ball in later on? and plus sneakers just look goofy. If your REALLY thatuncomfortable maybe throw on a pair of pradas but even that looks weird

Back
Top Bottom