Shoes with double-stacked zoom air?

ecue double stack is unique though, there is ONE layer in the insoles, and ONE in the midsole, as opposed to the jordans where it's literally one stackedon top of another

took some quick pix of zoom lebron iv insole for you vs basic insole from air maxes

k2iqev.jpg

4vs195.jpg

tellin you...waffle
i2oq5h.jpg

Originally Posted by daaznfella

took some quick pix of zoom lebron iv insole for you vs basic insole from air maxes

k2iqev.jpg

smh.gif
that Air Max insole...the original Air Max insoles actually had comfort
laugh.gif
these newer insoles have less comfort than banana peels

^nice ....but i dont think bron iv is double stacked...just zoom max?...i could be wrong though

i had these, and they too had the same insole as the lebron iv's, same zoom air and waffle holes at the bottom, thick and comfy! :

nike-air-ultraflights-page.jpg

Double stack zoom is great stuff. I love the XVIIIs and XIX SEs. Lebron Vs and VIs are also very nice. It's too bad this set up is not more common insignature/premium Nike basketball shoes. It really is the the best set up.

Putting zoom insoles from one shoe into another shoe to get better performance can be done with great success or abject failure. I've found thin heel onlyzoom insoles (many Nike SBs, Jordan 2009) can be used with great success to create double stack heel zoom in many Nike basketball shoes. I've done this afew times and it's great. My Zoom Soldier 3s are running Jordan 2009 insoles and it's great. Caution is needed when trying to put full length zoominsoles into shoes that already have zoom in the forefoot. You may get nice double stack heel zoom, but double stack forefoot zoom is AWFUL - it feels weird,screws up court feel, and impedes responsiveness. Also, caution is needed when moving around the ultra-thick comfy zoom insoles of Flighposites (1, 2, and 3s),Lebron IVs, GP IVs, and the like. These insoles have great cushioning, but are so think they don't easily fit in other shoes and they have forefoot zoomcushioning that can cause problems as mentioned above. These insoles do swap nicely between these specific shoes because FP1s with Lebron IV insoles areamazing. Just some insight from someone has been mixing and matching parts for a few years trying to tune my basketball shoes for optimum performance...

-S

Originally Posted by si3n4

Double stack zoom is great stuff. I love the XVIIIs and XIX SEs. Lebron Vs and VIs are also very nice. It's too bad this set up is not more common in signature/premium Nike basketball shoes. It really is the the best set up.

Putting zoom insoles from one shoe into another shoe to get better performance can be done with great success or abject failure. I've found thin heel only zoom insoles (many Nike SBs, Jordan 2009) can be used with great success to create double stack heel zoom in many Nike basketball shoes. I've done this a few times and it's great. My Zoom Soldier 3s are running Jordan 2009 insoles and it's great. Caution is needed when trying to put full length zoom insoles into shoes that already have zoom in the forefoot. You may get nice double stack heel zoom, but double stack forefoot zoom is AWFUL - it feels weird, screws up court feel, and impedes responsiveness. Also, caution is needed when moving around the ultra-thick comfy zoom insoles of Flighposites (1, 2, and 3s), Lebron IVs, GP IVs, and the like. These insoles have great cushioning, but are so think they don't easily fit in other shoes and they have forefoot zoom cushioning that can cause problems as mentioned above. These insoles do swap nicely between these specific shoes because FP1s with Lebron IV insoles are amazing. Just some insight from someone has been mixing and matching parts for a few years trying to tune my basketball shoes for optimum performance...

-S

Thanks for that feedback! So I'd like to try this with the Foamposite Lites, but need to find a zoom heel only insole that DOES NOT come from the Jordan2009; just not willing to pay that price only for the insole.

Or I wonder if the same loss of court feel will happen with a full length zoom insole on top of Lunar Foam will happen if swapped into the FP Lite?

Yeah, I'd only use Jordan 2009 insoles if you have some handy. No way I'd buy the shoes just for the insoles. There are plenty of options out there forshoes with heel only zoom insoles in the $30-40 range. Ebay is good place to find them.

I've seen reports that foamposite lites are supposed to have forefoot zoom. I cannot confirm if they do or do not since I don't have any. IF they onlyhave lunar foam in the forefoot then I think you'd be just fine putting thin full length zoom insoles in those.

The other option is get a cheap pair of Lebron IVs and just swap the entire insole from the Lebrons into the Foamposite Lites. Both have thick removableinsoles, but the Lebron insole is just BUTTER. I was going to to do this but opted to get some FP1s instead. Got my Lebron IVs for $40. The price was worth itjust for the insoles. LOL.

Best of luck.

I just checked my Lebron V and there is a bootie inside the shoe attached to the back loop that you use to help slide your feet in the shoe. If you pull thebootie out a bit you can see the Zoom and you can actually push on the unit and feel it give a bit.

To me they are one of the most if not the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. But one question...

Are you sure they have double stacked zoom? If so is it built into the shoe and not in the liner? Because the liner is very thin.

I always thought Jordan 1's with full zoom and or double zoom would be fantastic. Imagine the lock down you'd get with the Jordan 1 upper, and thecushioning of the XIX's.......
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I just checked my Lebron V and there is a bootie inside the shoe attached to the back loop that you use to help slide your feet in the shoe. If you pull the bootie out a bit you can see the Zoom and you can actually push on the unit and feel it give a bit.

To me they are one of the most if not the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. But one question...

Are you sure they have double stacked zoom? If so is it built into the shoe and not in the liner? Because the liner is very thin.

I'm pretty sure the 5s do NOT have double stack...

Originally Posted by daaznfella

3221386612_fb5cb9e5e3.jpg

the shoes in the front row, to the right, the team masterpiece, i believe had double stack, ALSO the ONLY JORDAN SHOE, not including the M4, with POSITE....only in the heel

i think the "shoguns" had them too

Melo 1.5 has Posite.

I've always thought the Lebron II was double-stacked; damn sure felt like it. Am I wrong? I can swear remembering RetroKid's review pre-release saying that they were.

Lebron V is double stacked. It's been posted in multiple places and confirmed.

Lebron II is max zoom. Great cushioning set up. Unfortunately it has been known to lose pressure over time and start bottoming out on people...

It also seems like the reviewer here did great research and discovered the Foamposite Lite forfoot cushioning mightNOT be Lunar Foam:

http://*!#!#@%@$@!$+.com/shoes/nike...d-you-ball-in-today-vol-nike-foamposite-lite/

(I guess the site name is banned here, but they produce a magazine with shoe reviews)

This runs in concert with the information on NikeStore's site:

http://store.nike.com/ind...ne/cid-100701/pid-205562

I wonder if they are taking the insole out of the consideration here; meaning the insole on the FP Lite has zoom or possibly has nothing and forefootcushioning is Phylon only. I wish Nike was more clear about this.

I'm not sure if it was double stacked or not, but the XII has zoom cushioning in the heel and forefoot and has superior cushioning. I'm on boardwith you in that the Jordan XIX and the Zoom LeBron IV are super cushioned as well. In fact, these 3 shoes in my opinion, are the 3 most cushioned bball shoesEVER...

Originally Posted by bionic3

It also seems like the reviewer here did great research and discovered the Foamposite Lite forfoot cushioning might NOT be Lunar Foam:

http://*!#!#@%@$@!$+.com/shoes/nike...d-you-ball-in-today-vol-nike-foamposite-lite/

(I guess the site name is banned here, but they produce a magazine with shoe reviews)

I wonder if they are taking the insole out of the consideration here; meaning the insole on the FP Lite has zoom or possibly has nothing and forefoot cushioning is Phylon only. I wish Nike was more clear about this.

i read the review a while ago and i'm not convinced solely on that reviewer's word.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Originally Posted by bionic3

It also seems like the reviewer here did great research and discovered the Foamposite Lite forfoot cushioning might NOT be Lunar Foam:

I wonder if they are taking the insole out of the consideration here; meaning the insole on the FP Lite has zoom or possibly has nothing and forefoot cushioning is Phylon only. I wish Nike was more clear about this.

i read the review a while ago and i'm not convinced solely on that reviewer's word.

Well his word is certainly not conclusive. He states he contacted Nike on this, but even Nike's documentation on the shoe does not indicate Zoom or LunarFoam as forefoot impact protection. I think I may explore this myself with them to get them to point me to something official on this particular point.

Back
Top Bottom