Shooting Sleeve - Which arm?

I think I might have nerve damage in my left elbow... so I be wearing it on my left

Yea I had the same elbow injury so im using one for protection, I dont see many NBA players endorsing these so I doubt there is much commercial sponsorship for a lot of guys.

The same thing can be said for the other pro combat gear, I don’t think it’s a show off thing more like old man supports – it’s not like “look at me” in a flashy pair of foamposites

I would never wear one on the court but on some real stuff, the elbow/padding on the forearm next to the elbow would be clutch in some cases where you take a hard fall. The padding on Melo's arm is a spot I hurt a lot and come out with bruises.

Real answer....

it really should just be called a compression sleeve. I wear one (come at me bros) on my shooting arm because my elbow tends to hurt after I play (tennis/fap elbow). If i haven't lifted for a while and only play for like 30 mins I can usually go without it. But if I plan on playing longer I wear the sleeve. The off arm things is maybe just for protection for fouls.

I get the whole looking like a poser by wearing one, but professional athletes, and brands to an extent, push innovation. I am assuming no one hear wears compression shorts when they play or any sneakers with the latest "tech". Just chuck taylors and bermuda shorts.

Real answer....

it really should just be called a compression sleeve. I wear one (come at me bros) on my shooting arm because my elbow tends to hurt after I play (tennis/fap elbow). If i haven't lifted for a while and only play for like 30 mins I can usually go without it. But if I plan on playing longer I wear the sleeve. The off arm things is maybe just for protection for fouls.

I get the whole looking like a poser by wearing one, but professional athletes, and brands to an extent, push innovation. I am assuming no one hear wears compression shorts when they play or any sneakers with the latest "tech". Just chuck taylors and bermuda shorts.

So you're saying you fap with a shooting sleeve?

Real answer....

So you're saying you fap with a shooting sleeve?

only on the second of a back to back. I'm almost 30 bruh.

Last edited:
I can't wear anything more than ankle braces, and I ******g hate those :lol:

Last edited:
How do yall feel about wearing a shooting sleeve to the club? Got a gucci print one on ice.

I would never wear one on the court but on some real stuff, the elbow/padding on the forearm next to the elbow would be clutch in some cases where you take a hard fall. The padding on Melo's arm is a spot I hurt a lot and come out with bruises.
Wouldn't it be better for them to wear elbow pads? The whole sleeve doesn't seem necessary. memo looks like a damn fool wearing them on both arms unless his arms are constantly injured.

Yeah AI pretty much brought it into the NBA when he injured his elbow and needed a pad and compression to reduce the fluid on his shooting arm. He then made it a fashion statement....

I used to wear them between the ages of 14 and 17 just because I was a huge AI fan. :lol:

I am 23 now and I wear them during the winter time on my shooting arm because it warms me up quick and it helps me stay warm. The gym gets a little cold during winter mornings (I play at 7:00am) and it takes a game to get me warmed up.

If you aren't in the NBA, playing college ball, or playing in some sort of pro league....you better be REAL good if you step on the court wearing one :lol:

Why do you need to wear one? You better be the best player on the court if you are wearing that mess? You have to EARN the right to wear a damn sleeve man.

I wear the elbow sleeve with the padding on my right arm. I tend to always land on my right elbow so it tends to help protect me on the impact.

If you aren't in the NBA, playing college ball, or playing in some sort of pro league....you better be REAL good if you step on the court wearing one
laugh.gif
This dude at my Sunday night league rocks padded shooting sleeve/padded thigh shorts/padded rib protector and rocks either Melo or Amare jersey...-_-

Also brings his baby mama and 2 kids smh. 

This is a league where dudes just in it for the run... ages 27 (me) to like 50's.

Back
Top Bottom