Shooting Sleeve - Which arm?

This dude at my Sunday night league rocks padded shooting sleeve/padded thigh shorts/padded rib protector and rocks either Melo or Amare jersey...-_-

Also brings his baby mama and 2 kids smh. 

This is a league where dudes just in it for the run... ages 27 (me) to like 50's.

:Rollin

If you walk on the court wearing one, I will not take you seriously and I will proceed to savage you. The only reason someone needs to wear one is because of tendinitis or other elbow/shoulder related injuries. 

Give me shorts, a tee, and shoes with good grip and I'm gravy. Matching? Who cares. I'm out there to play ball, not to stunt in front of other men. 

I said this in another thread (coaches thread), my middler schoolers aren't allowed to wear sleeves. We ain't good enough.

If you aren't in the NBA, playing college ball, or playing in some sort of pro league....you better be REAL good if you step on the court wearing one :lol:

or you really have an issue with your elbow, otherwise it just makes you look lame!

For the average pickup bball player, wearing a shooting sleeve is the equivalent of wearing driving gloves in a Toyota Camry.

Respect for the sock though. That's truly ngaf.

Use it on my shooting arm.. My right arm..

iipsrv.fcgi

I started wearing one recently as a joke but my shots were on point. My friend had a sleeve that he doesnt wear so I just took it out of his bag and used it for 1 game. Ball was inbounded to me and I just took a shot from the 3 pt line and I banked it in :x. I thought that shot had no hope of going in but it did... next play I just pulled up at the ft line and swished it. I was on fiyah, it has a placebo effect on me...like how the looney toons got all hyped from drinking MJ's water.

I started wearing one recently as a joke but my shots were on point. My friend had a sleeve that he doesnt wear so I just took it out of his bag and used it for 1 game. Ball was inbounded to me and I just took a shot from the 3 pt line and I banked it in :x. I thought that shot had no hope of going in but it did... next play I just pulled up at the ft line and swished it. I was on fiyah, it has a placebo effect on me...like how the looney toons got all hyped from drinking MJ's water.

I wear one to play ball on my shooting hand

Doesn't improve my performance or anything

But it guarantees me touches and shots

Everybody be like get him the ball he got a sleeve on

That feeling >

On a side note i feel there should be a WDYWT in the sports section

Kinda curious as to see what gear you guys are rocking on court

lol. my Cal shorts, nike reversible jersey or cm punk shirt and lebron ix would be very underwhelming to see each week.

lol. my Cal shorts, nike reversible jersey or cm punk shirt and lebron ix would be very underwhelming to see each week.

Lol truu but still idk I'd like to see it

Where can I get one of those Nike reversible jerseys cause I can't find it on NDC anymore

They dudes who come into the gym head to toe in brand new matching Jordan / Nike gear, or in this case come in looking like an NBA 2k create a player with sleeves or multiple sleeves and in some cases the 2006 esque "leggings" ... usually can't play a lick, so they overcompensate with all the garbage placebo gear.  The newest items you'll ever see on a real hooper is when they are breaking in new kicks.

Real answer....

it really should just be called a compression sleeve. I wear one (come at me bros) on my shooting arm because my elbow tends to hurt after I play (tennis/fap elbow). If i haven't lifted for a while and only play for like 30 mins I can usually go without it. But if I plan on playing longer I wear the sleeve. The off arm things is maybe just for protection for fouls.

I get the whole looking like a poser by wearing one, but professional athletes, and brands to an extent, push innovation. I am assuming no one hear wears compression shorts when they play or any sneakers with the latest "tech". Just chuck taylors and bermuda shorts.

Los gets a pass because ive played pickup with him and hes a pretty good shooter but me and my boys usually got jokes when wee see dudes with accessories on the court.

75% of the time theyre official bums who cant make layups at all and totally brick point blank jumpers :lol:

:'( I understand

I'm just missing the review section of NT I wish the performance reviews were back

Any of you got those point 3 sports with the towels in the side

I used to wear one on my shooting arm .. it gives me that tight feeling.. it just feels good but i stop wearing it because if you get slap hard on that arm chances are.. refs wont hear or see it :lol:

btw, does anyone wear tights? i need to keep warm when i play

I do, they are necessary. I'm 27 with bad circulation in my right lower leg and bad knees. the tights make me feel like I'm in high school still. Never had elbow issues so I don't think i need to touch the shooting sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom