Shopping while black Vol. Multi-tasking??

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

This is why I walk in with cash in hand...

HAHAHA but yeah when I go to the mall I dress my finest I don't want to look like I'm about to steal something or a window shopper.

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Remind me of when I went to a jewelry store. I was dressed decently and wanted to see something (a his and hers Tag link).

me: can I see the his and hers Tag link
lady: sure
me: thanks. it's nice
lady: do you have money to pay for this?
me: I wouldn't look at it if I didnt
indifferent.gif

I wanted to smack her 60 year old !$@. I just left the store right away.
laugh.gif
no worries I used to get alot of this when I visited high end stores. When they ask you that, thats when you have to bring out the stacks. But once you become a regular at high end stores I promise you the shopping experience is great. They will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable while shopping no matter your race or age. Champage or perrier water upon arrival.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
sorry typo forgot the "n" won't happen nexttime spelling officer.

This dramatization is garbage. Black girls DO NOT act like that. Any other black girl would've tore that clerk up/cussed em out.

Hey_

Originally Posted by 10eazye

This dramatization is garbage. Black girls DO NOT act like that. Any other black girl would've tore that clerk up/cussed em out.

This generalization is garbage. Any sensible person would know better.

Julius F. Wrek

That video was as depressing as it was comical and highlights not only the problems with clerks but the real issue that 8 out of 10 predominantly white peoplewouldnt do a damn thing about it...keep taking Ls why dont you
smh.gif
smh.gif

Black card my %$@

i see you didnt learn much from the video...

I've never felt like this at a store. Well least not I remember. Younger days maybe it happened.

Originally Posted by FiveStarFob

Quit being smug. Dude's on NT talking about learning... What's in this vid that's SIGNIFICANT of learning? Racism has existed since the beginningof time and it will till the end of time. If I was in that situation I wouldn't have done @#+. I would act like nothing's happening and be on my wayand not give a flip. On the other hand if they were attacking the (insert race) person because they were a (insert race) I would throws bows/help that (insertrace) out no questions asked. But if it's childish prejudice like this I won't give two ***$%. If you're in that situation you leave the damn storeand not add fuel to the fire.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

nothing in this video is shocking. not the way the actors behaved or the way the onlookers did nothing about it. i have countless stories about this happening and it's ironic that they used soho because that's where it's most prevalent.

Co-sign. People have their own problems so why would they want more problems?

To everyone saying that they don't like been judged etc. Have you guys ever went to a job application?

One time I was in Albertsons and I was getting a racist vibe from an old white lady. I didn't get mad or anything like that I was just like. I just thoughtwell this is delightful the way she's staring at me. Then seconds later she asks me "Would you please help me get that milk from the top shelf".Then it hit me I was being racist against that old white lady. SMH at myself for that. You don't know what people are thinking so SMH at people assume *!$!myself included.

Quit being smug. Dude's on NT talking about learning... What's in this vid that's SIGNIFICANT of learning? Racism has existed since the beginning of time and it will till the end of time. If I was in that situation I wouldn't have done @#+. I would act like nothing's happening and be on my way and not give a flip. On the other hand if they were attacking the (insert race) person because they were a (insert race) I would throws bows/help that (insert race) out no questions asked. But if it's childish prejudice like this I won't give two ***$%. If you're in that situation you leave the damn store and not add fuel to the fire.
I somewhat conclude that your blinkered view on proceedings tends to suggest that you do your race a disservice (I'm guessing your black fromyour sig). A sit down, shut up, step and fetchit mentality wouldnt have gotten black people ANYWHERE in the 50's & 60's or any decade for thatmatter, thus your flawed reasoning and generalisations sets us back even further than that. If something's wrong, you call it out and address it as asocial issue and malaise (as opposed to 'pussying out' like you would).

Its IS educational because they are a lot of people out there that dispute that racism even exists or is a dying notion, and in addition what's racism toone person is comedy or a 'get over it' type situation to another. So to summise, yes we did learn something today although I digress sir, you mostdefinately DID NOT.

Lastly, lol @ your 'black girls' comment - do you propose we class them all as the same ghetto hoodrats that NT would have you believe? Is your namenext to 'idiot' in the dictionary
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

This generalization is garbage. Any sensible person would know better.

Julius F. Wrek

Where do you live? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of hood rats(black girls) in NYC. That's hood rat capital or maybe Atlanta I can't remember.

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Quit being smug. Dude's on NT talking about learning... What's in this vid that's SIGNIFICANT of learning? Racism has existed since the beginning of time and it will till the end of time. If I was in that situation I wouldn't have done @#+. I would act like nothing's happening and be on my way and not give a flip. On the other hand if they were attacking the (insert race) person because they were a (insert race) I would throws bows/help that (insert race) out no questions asked. But if it's childish prejudice like this I won't give two ***$%. If you're in that situation you leave the damn store and not add fuel to the fire.
I somewhat conclude that your blinkered view on proceeding tends to suggest that you do your race a disservice (I'm guessing your black from your sig). A sit down, shut up, step and fetchit mentality wouldnt have get black people ANYWHERE in the 50's & 60's or any decade for that matter, thus your flawed reasoning and generalisations sets us back even further than that. If somethings wrong you call it out and address it as a social issue and malaise (as opposed to 'pussying out' like you would).

Its IS educational because they are a lot of people out there that dispute that racism even exists or is a dying notion, and in addition what's racism to one person is comedy or a 'get over it' type situations to another. So to summise, yes we did learn something today although I digress sir, you most definately DID NOT.

Lastly, lol @ your 'black girls' comment - do you propose we class them all as the same ghetto hoodrats that NT would have you believe? Is your name next to 'idiot' in the dictionary
smh.gif
laugh.gif

My generalizations were a joke I didn't mean em so lighten up. I'm setting black people back? I've never said the word !!@$ in a sentence more thanonce. I don't tell people their hairline is messed up and they should off themselves. I don't tell people that they have fake jays and they should offthemselves. Get off your high horse. You have to be mentally blind to have actually "learned" something from this video that you already could haveby walking into a reg. store. Nobody is created equally therefore no one will be treated equally. The most I would do in that situation would stone face theclerk. But to go out of my way to say this %$# is wrong and you should stop it is just too much. Because 1.The person doing committing the racism/prejudicewould've to be pretty @%@+@*$ ignorant to do something like that. 2.If I did intervene what makes you think a person that ignorant would be realize howignorant they are? 3. Ignorant people like the example in the video don't make realizations of themselves and figure out that they're a !%!* stain tosociety and that they should change there ways. Also SMH for you personal attacks what're a six grader?

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Originally Posted by THE FAME

If you were in such a situation what would you have done?
Without a doubt in my mind, I would've called the employee out.

That video made me mad.

Sidenote: I hate when people question my motives when I defend a minority victim of racism. "You're not _____, so why do you even care?"
smh.gif

I TOTALLY agree with your side note. But you calling out the employee would only make the employee's assumptions valid.

I somewhat conclude that your blinkered view on proceeding tends to suggest that you do your race a disservice (I'm guessing your black from your sig). A sit down, shut up, step and fetchit mentality wouldnt have get black people ANYWHERE in the 50's & 60's or any decade for that matter, thus your flawed reasoning and generalisations sets us back even further than that. If somethings wrong you call it out and address it as a social issue and malaise (as opposed to 'pussying out' like you would).

Its IS educational because they are a lot of people out there that dispute that racism even exists or is a dying notion, and in addition what's racism to one person is comedy or a 'get over it' type situations to another. So to summise, yes we did learn something today although I digress sir, you most definately DID NOT.

Lastly, lol @ your 'black girls' comment - do you propose we class them all as the same ghetto hoodrats that NT would have you believe? Is your name next to 'idiot' in the dictionary
smh.gif
laugh.gif

My generalizations were a joke I didn't mean em so lighten up. I'm setting black people back? I've never said the word !!@$ in a sentence more than once. I don't tell people their hairline is messed up and they should off themselves. I don't tell people that they have fake jays and they should off themselves. Get off your high horse. You have to be mentally blind to have actually "learned" something from this video that you already could have by walking into a reg. store. Nobody is created equally therefore no one will be treated equally. The most I would do in that situation would stone face the clerk. But to go out of my way to say this %$# is wrong and you should stop it is just too much. Because 1.The person doing committing the racism/prejudice would've to be pretty @%@+@*$ ignorant to do something like that. 2.If I did intervene what makes you think a person that ignorant would be realize how ignorant they are? 3. Ignorant people like the example in the video don't make realizations of themselves and figure out that they're a !%!* stain to society and that they should change there ways. Also SMH for you personal attacks what're a six grader?
I don't give a @#$% how much money someone's family has, who their parents are or any of that +*+.....at the end of the day EVERYONE ISCREATED EQUALLY. NO AMOUNT OF COLOR OR MONEY CAN CHANGE THAT.

One time I was in Albertsons and I was getting a racist vibe from an old white lady. I didn't get mad or anything like that I was just like. I just thought well this is delightful the way she's staring at me. Then seconds later she asks me "Would you please help me get that milk from the top shelf". Then it hit me I was being racist against that old white lady. SMH at myself for that. You don't know what people are thinking so SMH at people assume *!$! myself included.

You are actually saying some true $*+!. I have a fascination with people perception of things, theres just things you dont know so you cant be all pessimisticabout everything. Fear really attacks a lot of americans and they dont even know it.

i can't agree with this %*#+ at all. The point of the video is that it shouldn't matter what race the victim is and that people should have spoke upinstead of just watching.

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Originally Posted by THE FAME

If you were in such a situation what would you have done?
Without a doubt in my mind, I would've called the employee out.

That video made me mad.

Sidenote: I hate when people question my motives when I defend a minority victim of racism. "You're not _____, so why do you even care?"
smh.gif

I TOTALLY agree with your side note. But you calling out the employee would only make the employee's assumptions valid.
How so?

Originally Posted by StylishStef89

smh.gif
laugh.gif

My generalizations were a joke I didn't mean em so lighten up. I'm setting black people back? I've never said the word !!@$ in a sentence more than once. I don't tell people their hairline is messed up and they should off themselves. I don't tell people that they have fake jays and they should off themselves. Get off your high horse. You have to be mentally blind to have actually "learned" something from this video that you already could have by walking into a reg. store. Nobody is created equally therefore no one will be treated equally. The most I would do in that situation would stone face the clerk. But to go out of my way to say this %$# is wrong and you should stop it is just too much. Because 1.The person doing committing the racism/prejudice would've to be pretty @%@+@*$ ignorant to do something like that. 2.If I did intervene what makes you think a person that ignorant would be realize how ignorant they are? 3. Ignorant people like the example in the video don't make realizations of themselves and figure out that they're a !%!* stain to society and that they should change there ways. Also SMH for you personal attacks what're a six grader?
I don't give a @#$% how much money someone's family has, who their parents are or any of that +*+.....at the end of the day EVERYONE IS CREATED EQUALLY. NO AMOUNT OF COLOR OR MONEY CAN CHANGE THAT.

QFT. you aint got 2 hearts or skin of steel so you can get shot/get your body mangled in a car accident/drown just as easily as i can. no one is super human.and if you talk reckless to someone who is a higher level than you in something, you better respect them at that level. if i can beat you to death, thenrespect me for that fact. if you fixing my food, ima respect you for that fact.

10eazye,

Please G.T.F.O my thread....
and take your lazer 5's with you.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom