Shots fired at Ferguson anniversary protest

http://news.yahoo.com/police-shoot-...g-ferguson-anniversary-protest-055405433.html

ST. LOUIS — Officers have shot a man who police say opened fire on them in Ferguson, Missouri where protesters gathered en masse on the anniversary of Michael Brown’s death.
The identity and condition of the person shot by police was not immediately known.

“The St. Louis County Police Department was involved in an officer-involved shooting after officers came under heavy gunfire,” county police spokesman Shawn McGuire said in a written statement. “We are working as quickly as possible to get details of the incident.”

A news conference was scheduled for 2:30 a.m. CT.
A Twitter user posted video of an officer standing over a man lying on the ground.

“Hey, he’s bleeding!” the man on the video says. “Please get him some help. He’s bleeding out, please get him some help, man.”

pic.twitter.com/dsrEDWV1Bs
— Search4Swag (@search4swag) August 10, 2015
In another video, the man is pushed away from the scene and detained by police.

Recently hired Ferguson police Chief Andre Anderson was giving a local TV interview when the shots rang out shortly before midnight.

.@RobSneed4 was interviewing interim #Ferguson police chief @KMOV when shots rang out earlier. clip: pic.twitter.com/0DDabq2n9J
— Staci D Kramer (@sdkstl) August 10, 2015
St. Louis County Police quickly posted tweets of their bullet-riddled cars allegedly damaged by Sunday’s gunman.

(2/2) During the gunfire, at least 2 unmarked cars took shots. We will release more details when available. pic.twitter.com/luPnp6iXqZ
— St. Louis County PD (@stlcountypd) August 10, 2015
(This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.)

Jason Sickles is a reporter for Yahoo. Follow him on Twitter (@jasonsickles).

Last edited:

a live stream of what's going on in Ferguson right now, I'm sure there are others.

there's a vine (or small vid) of a man lying on the ground, shot.. and apparently still breathing and the cop is by the body. another video shot by the same guy as he's forced to move back and getting arrested in the process.

Last edited:
Like, why? Did dude think he would be a martyr.
All he did was **** up the protest. smh

Apparently 'Ferguson' is being blocked on Instagram and Facebook.

No coverage from CNN thus far.

Last edited:

it's been reported by MANY people that the ferguson tag was blocked on IG. but aye, it's cool. I'll take the L.

it's been reported by MANY people that the ferguson tag was blocked on IG. but aye, it's cool. I'll take the L.
but you didn't even check yourself....

many people did the same thing you did.... parrot misinformation

doesn't take but a few keystrokes to check what you read... and you didn't even do that.

"a bunch of people said so on the gram/twitter/facebook" is not gonna hold up in any intelligent conversation bruh

Last edited:
Is the the kid who's parents and aunties said he was a good kid who would never have a gun?

But on Facebook he went by "Glock" and had posts like " I hit licks for living."

Last edited:
the vast majority of NT visitors only lurk and just read our threads than actually post

When I see blatant misinformation like that guy posted I know that threads like this and unchecked "social media commentary" are what lead to it.

I'm just doing my part in posting reality... you can be on that sensationalist tip if you like

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom