Shots fired at Jamal Tinsley and his crew...

The suspected weapon is a .223 assault rifle.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Them$!$%@+ RIP through anything....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by cbpresent

Jason Whitlock speaks Truth.

i already exposed you as being a racist before....thats y yo other name got banned....so fall back

Same old same old
smh.gif

Just glad nobody got hurt...........doesn't help that his bro went and chased after them, but I guess they did what they had to do

The crazy thing about this is the guy who got shot is Larry Bird's best friend and long time equipment manager "Corky".... A great dude who lookslike a 5'5 Bald Bull and wouldn't harm a fly. Dude just like to hang out and have a good time and ended up getting hit up.... He's all good though,but Indy is no joke!!!!

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

The crazy thing about this is the guy who got shot is Larry Bird's best friend and long time equipment manager "Corky".... A great dude who looks like a 5'5 Bald Bull and wouldn't harm a fly. Dude just like to hang out and have a good time and ended up getting hit up.... He's all good though, but Indy is no joke!!!!

Indy is no joke. We're considered a major city with a town atmosphere. Everyone basically knows who is who. Anyone with something flashy or even decentis quickly identified. It's rare to see Bentleys, Lambos, or Roll Royces here so those dudes are automatically targeted. Everyone here will know who youare just by being Black and having a BMW. People here hate before they congratulate.
smh.gif

Rolling around at 3AM in a Rolls is a recipe for disaster. These cats should be the FIRST to know how many jackers are out there, and just how thirsty they arefor what you got.

I'm not saying they shouldn't leave the house, but you gotta be smart with yours. Sometimes being flashy and showing out just isn't a good idea incertain situations. I know everyone wants to ball out and shine, but these days more than ever, being low key with it is probably best.

Rolling around at 3AM in a Rolls is a recipe for disaster.
especially in parts of the country where that kind of thing isn't too common. you make yourself a target. sad, but true

not saying indianapolis is a poor or bad place overall, but parts of it are really, really impoverished and really dangerous.

who knows, tinsley & crew could have been talking trash to the wrong people and this is what they got. or they could have been minding their own business,but either way it's going to happen if you're not too careful about keeping certain things to yourself, especially your wealth and brashness

keeping a low key and low profile would prevent a lot of these situations.

How are 7 foot people gonna keep low key in the club. Fact of the matter is if Jamal Tinsley walks in somewhere with no ice, and pulls up in a KIA he'sstill gonna be known as Jamal Tinsley from the NBA. Which automatically means money and the same results happen.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

How are 7 foot people gonna keep low key in the club. Fact of the matter is if Jamal Tinsley walks in somewhere with no ice, and pulls up in a KIA he's still gonna be known as Jamal Tinsley from the NBA. Which automatically means money and the same results happen.

indifferent.gif
unless they kidnap him and ransom for money or somethingwhich unlikely in the US except for Cuba or some other countries. I don't see someone could get robbed in a Kia unless he's known for carry wad ofcash. That's why it's a good idea to put money in the bank.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

How are 7 foot people gonna keep low key in the club. Fact of the matter is if Jamal Tinsley walks in somewhere with no ice, and pulls up in a KIA he's still gonna be known as Jamal Tinsley from the NBA. Which automatically means money and the same results happen.

Honestly though, without drawing attention to himself, a dude like Tinsley could probably get by without being noticed. He isn't a huge dude by anymeans(pause), and I think if he were to "dress down", he could look like the average dude out there.

Of course, if he doesn't want to, then he shouldn't. He's earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants with his money. But with the waythings are going, I don't think it'll be an issue of "wanting" to do so much longer. Soon, it will be you "need" to keep ithush-hush unless you want to be a vic and end up dead. If dudes want to keep it ignorant and in-your-face with the jewels and whips, more !!*@ like this willcontinue to happen. Trust that. Again, I'm not saying it's the players fault. They're doing what any young dude with money out the*$!% would do. But the "have-nots" will ALWAYS outnumber the "haves". And that difference is always widening, too. Times are getting rougher androugher, which just means more cats trying to strongarm the dude with $$.

I used to live in Nap, and my roommate would hit the strip clubs in the city every weekend. He would always talk about seeing Tinsley there carrying aroundBRICKS of money.

I always thought that was an idiotic thing to do, given the amount of broke%@%% people that frequent strip clubs and night clubs in Indy and most other cities.

I guess he almost felt it tonight. Glad he didn't get hit though.

So are the people who say 'those who drive flashy cars in Indy are targeted' insinuating that he was shot at as a result of jealousy? If so, thenthat's just insane. I understand the concept of robbery, but to just fire at vehicles due to status is just... wow. Especially considering he reps thatcity, if only professionally. I guess now if he wants to drive flashy cars he'll have to opt of the armored package. I think there is more to this story.In a lot of ways I HOPE there is more to this story.

And I too am on the "both elbows?
grin.gif
" bandwagon. I can onlyassume he was protecting himself, so I would consider him very lucky since he was treated and released.

First off, Jamaal Tinsley with no ice looks like your normal everyday dude that you see walking around Jamaica Ave. People see the jewels, cars, etc and theybegin to hate. If you are trying to stunt on people who have little to no regard for their well-being or anyone else's for that matter, you are bound tohave problems. There are famous people who go out every night but bring little to no attention to themselves. You act a fool in a club, outside, or whereever,you are flat out asking for something to go wrong. Doesn't matter what monitary situation you have. However, (if what I'm reading is true) if this dudeis flat out being ignorant with his money, then he really needs to wisen up. Hopefully, these events over the past 2-3 years will humble him, and make himrealize that he shouldn't take life for granted. True, you only live once, but there is no need to almost cut your life short by being dumb.

Link
Larry Bird: "It's Time For Tinsley To Make Better Decisions."

December 10, 2007 - 8:01 am
Tinsley_Jamaal_ind.jpg
Indianapolis Star -
Indiana Pacers team leaders Sunday publicly admonished Jamaal Tinsley for being out at a time and place that put him in harm's way -- in the sights of someone wielding an assault rifle -- and said it's time for professional athletes to make "smarter" decisions.

Coach Jim O'Brien, Pacers President Larry Bird and player and team leader Jermaine O'Neal responded to the incident later Sunday.

O'Brien characterized Tinsley as a "victim (who) wasn't out there causing problems," but said Tinsley should not have been in that situation at 3 a.m.

"But that's a decision that was made, and it was the wrong decision to make," O'Brien said. "I would think as we all suspect, nothing good happens after 1 o'clock if you're around alcohol or around an environment where there could be weapons."

"With Jamaal, it's just 'Why are you out at 3:30 in a place like that?' I don't really have a problem with guys being out till 3:30, but you've got to know your surroundings," Bird said. "Obviously, it's time for these guys to take a look at everything that's happened throughout our league, throughout professional sports, and step back and take a hard look at it and make smarter decisions."

Yall crack me up. Dress down? Jamal Tinsley is 6'3 going out in Indianapolis, the city he plays professional basketball for since 2001. People are going torecognize him regardless of what he has on.

People will notice Jamal regardless. He usually IS dressed down wearing some jeans and a v-neck. He's only 6'3" but he's always with MarquisDaniels...who is a tall, funny looking character as it is.
laugh.gif

As much as i want to blast Tinsley because this is apparently his 3rd late night incident in the past 14 months, I have to blast our society in general evenmore.. It's getting a little sad and pathetic to keep reading this crap.

It's exactly why if i was an athlete I wouldnt be going out at all. Bring everything to the house.

smh.gif

Play ball, get money, have fun...no need for association with criminals when you're that high in the tax bracket. If you keep putting yourself in thosesituations then dudes will get at you, duh

Back
Top Bottom