Should billionaires exist?

I’m seeing this debate more and more lately, a lot of it coming from the recent political climate– Trump’s policies and the Bernie’s campaign opposing them. Then a lot of people have been criticizing Mark Zuckerburg for donating *only* 25 million to fight Coronavirus. Personally I’m on the fence about it & could probably be swayed either way. I think America is flawed allowing billionaires to get away with contributing so little, yet I don’t know how I feel about having a cap on how much someone can make. Just curious on NT’s thoughts?

Everyone says no until they become one.

Powell Jobs, the widow of Apple founder Steve Jobs, is one of the world’s most important philanthropists, overseeing a sprawling media, political, and charitable empire called Emerson Collective. And she plans to direct Emerson to give away her $28 billion in assets during her lifetime or shortly after her death — rather than aiming to fund a perpetual vehicle that doles out small amounts of cash until the end of time.

“I inherited my wealth from my husband, who didn’t care about the accumulation of wealth,” she told the New York Times. “I’m not interested in legacy wealth buildings, and my children know that. If I live long enough, it ends with me.”

Steph Curry Buzzerbeater GIF - StephCurry Buzzerbeater Nba ...

mods please lock.

Attachments

• 1585455436725.png
    1585455436725.png
    139 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom