Should I be as upset as I am.

I ordered a pair of cement IV's from one of the well known Internet sites. After further inspection I noticed the midsoles were different. One was soft and one was hard. When I checked the production dates they were both from different production runs. I'm so pissed about this. Am I over reacting? Been along time since my last post. Marriage, new home , two children etc...but never stopped me from checking niketalk all the time or buying J's.

Do they feel off when you wear them? I wouldn't be happy personally but then again little things like this drive me nuts

I would be pissed. Next time go to a nike store or loca footlocker and inspect your pair. my suggestion to you is resell those iv on ebay or craigslist and use that money to purchase another pair. because if its soft only time would tell if the sole would crack as quick as it normally does.

I haven't tried them on since I want to return them. In 20 years of collecting (I'm 37) I have never bought a pair that were from different runs. I'll post pics when I get home. Also one had bad glue stains on sock liner, which is why I'm sure they were switched out.

My 2009 Space Jams have two different production dates. 
Bought them at my local footlocker. 1000% authentic. 

Different production dates happen.

Different production dates definitely happen but a lot of time the quality is noticeably different. I bought a pair of Concords off Crooked Tongues and they came with 2 different production dates. One of the tongues was noticeably shorter than the other pair too. I ended up reselling for cheap and then buying another pair.

Originally Posted by justjays2345

I haven't tried them on since I want to return them. In 20 years of collecting (I'm 37) I have never bought a pair that were from different runs. I'll post pics when I get home. Also one had bad glue stains on sock liner, which is why I'm sure they were switched out.

Where is your pair from?  I couldn't care less about production dates and any other minute issues, but when it's a structural issue, I'd definitely have a problem with the shoe.

Damn son id be pissed to call customer service and let them know they'll proly get you a gift card or discount on your next purchase. Then just sell en and cop some new ones win win situation

My 2001 Black/Red XI's have two different production runs on the tag too. I bought them off of eBay around 8 or 9 years ago, and remember coming on here to ask the same question when I noticed it. No one responded that it was anything to worry about, and everything else about the shoes were absolutely on point, so I don't think you have anything to worry about with regard to their authenticity. But like others have said, if they're uncomfortable or if it's a big enough issue to YOU - return them. IMO, $160 is acceptable to drop only if you're happy and satisfied with everything about your purchase.

Nah, you're not overreacting. I hate pairs from different production runs.
I hope you can get a clean pair.

give us the website

also, production date on both pairs means nothing BTW

As already stated production date means nothing. Shoes probably get chucked out all the time during quality checks and just because one sneaker is messed up doesn't mean you throw out the pair. That's a waste of money and resources. The problem is when you replace that sneaker with another from another run that maybe should have been tossed as well.

30t6p3b.gif
bad business

I'd be pretty mad too. If the shoes feel different I would recommend selling them and purchasing another pair. Sad truth of it is if down the road the soft pair does go bad, your screwed.

Damn I gotta go check my pairs and see if I have any from different production runs. I be pissed if they felt
Noticibly different. Return them and cop a new pair don't stick someone else with them

Back
Top Bottom