Should jailtime be given to women who falsely accuse men of sexual misconduct?

laugh.gif
you set yourself up on that one.

Heck yeah, I just read about something that happened locally. Some broad claimed she was kidnapped around midnight while she was walking home, taken to anunknown apartment complex and raped. She ended up calling the police at 3:00am, about 10 miles from where she claimed she was abducted. Turns out this chickwas lying, she was probably getting turned out by her boyfriend and I guess her parents didn't approve (18 yr old) so she made up this wild story.

Once she admitted to the police that the incident was a complete lie, they didn't do jack to her. No fines, not arrested, nothing. The police chief gave astatement, talking about the department is grateful that this crime didn't actually happen, and that he is grateful that there isn't a rapist out thereendangering the community. Now, what part of the game is that?

I think it would make things worse.

Outside of a video tape, you can't really prove rape.

So if a girl falsely calls rape, she will NEVER come clean if she'll go to jail for it.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'm pretty sure that's already a crime. You can't go reporting made up crimes to the police and take it as far to legal prosecution and think you can recant without any repercussions.

This in particular should be judged case by case but if it's on that Hofstra tip it should be a felony.
It seems like it SHOULD be a crime, but what will honestly happen to the girl in the Hofstra case? She almost destroyed the lives of 5 men because of what she said. She should get the same sentence in jail as the guys would have gotten had the allegations been true. Harsh or not, playing with someone's livelihood isn't a joke. If the penalty for the accuser (in instances where there is a blatant lie) is extremely harsh, then maybe some of these girls/women would think twice about accusing someone of a crime that didn't happen.
No doggie reporting made up crimes IS A CRIME. It's up to the DA's office and those who were falsely accused if they want to press chargesand go through with it. If dudes want to press charges, they can and she will go to jail since this an open and shut case. Just to be clear if you go andreport any type of crime that DID NOT HAPPEN you can be faced with criminal charges doesn't necessarily mean youwill. If DA's office doesn't go through with it oh well it's up to their discretion. So if you didn't know, there are actual crimes committedthat are up to the DA's office discretion as far as if they get prosecuted and brought to trial.

As far as what this chick should face, you're buggin. 25 years to life for lying about rape? Take a criminal justice course or something that's not howit works
laugh.gif
You basically on some eye for an eye shhh with that. Laws andsentencing are different in every state so there's no way that'd fly and lying about a crime isn't a federal crime.

What is should be is always subjective tho. I'm just talking about how things are currently. For example, if a person or people purger themselves in trialin order to incriminate someone who did not commit a crime, say murder, they'd go to jail for perjury not sentenced for the same amount a murder would getyou....

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Yep, or....

The woman pays him.

I would rather get a monthly check from you than you go to jail.
hmm i'm liking this idea

I'm pretty sure that's already a crime. You can't go reporting made up crimes to the police and take it as far to legal prosecution and think you can recant without any repercussions.

This in particular should be judged case by case but if it's on that Hofstra tip it should be a felony.
It seems like it SHOULD be a crime, but what will honestly happen to the girl in the Hofstra case? She almost destroyed the lives of 5 men because of what she said. She should get the same sentence in jail as the guys would have gotten had the allegations been true. Harsh or not, playing with someone's livelihood isn't a joke. If the penalty for the accuser (in instances where there is a blatant lie) is extremely harsh, then maybe some of these girls/women would think twice about accusing someone of a crime that didn't happen.
No doggie reporting made up crimes IS A CRIME. It's up to the DA's office and those who were falsely accused if they want to press charges and go through with it. If dudes want to press charges, they can and she will go to jail since this an open and shut case. Just to be clear if you go and report any type of crime that DID NOT HAPPEN you can be faced with criminal charges doesn't necessarily mean you will. If DA's office doesn't go through with it oh well it's up to their discretion. So if you didn't know, there are actual crimes committed that are up to the DA's office discretion as far as if they get prosecuted and brought to trial.

As far as what this chick should face, you're buggin. 25 years to life for lying about rape? Take a criminal justice course or something that's not how it works
laugh.gif
You basically on some eye for an eye shhh with that. Laws and sentencing are different in every state so there's no way that'd fly and lying about a crime isn't a federal crime.

What is should be is always subjective tho. I'm just talking about how things are currently. For example, if a person or people purger themselves in trial in order to incriminate someone who did not commit a crime, say murder, they'd go to jail for perjury not sentenced for the same amount a murder would get you....
I hear what you're saying, but IMO in these types of instances (falsely accused of rape, sexual assault, etc) it SHOULD be an "eye for aneye" type of jail sentence. If the accused has to serve 25 years (assuming the truth doesn't come out), why should it be any different for the womanwho did the lying? If there are extremely harsh penalties given out for lying in these instances, there would be women who would think twice before lying.

For sure.

Not only is she giving an extremely bad name to those she accused (there's no way they can wipe that accusation clean off their plate, even if it is false,it'll haunt them) ... But she's giving those who are placing genuine accusation a bad name, people will start not believing a case even if it is real.

No doggie reporting made up crimes IS A CRIME. It's up to the DA's office and those who were falsely accused if they want to press charges and go through with it. If dudes want to press charges, they can and she will go to jail since this an open and shut case. Just to be clear if you go and report any type of crime that DID NOT HAPPEN you can be faced with criminal charges doesn't necessarily mean you will. If DA's office doesn't go through with it oh well it's up to their discretion. So if you didn't know, there are actual crimes committed that are up to the DA's office discretion as far as if they get prosecuted and brought to trial.

As far as what this chick should face, you're buggin. 25 years to life for lying about rape? Take a criminal justice course or something that's not how it works
laugh.gif
You basically on some eye for an eye shhh with that. Laws and sentencing are different in every state so there's no way that'd fly and lying about a crime isn't a federal crime.

What is should be is always subjective tho. I'm just talking about how things are currently. For example, if a person or people purger themselves in trial in order to incriminate someone who did not commit a crime, say murder, they'd go to jail for perjury not sentenced for the same amount a murder would get you....
I hear what you're saying, but IMO in these types of instances (falsely accused of rape, sexual assault, etc) it SHOULD be an "eye for an eye" type of jail sentence. If the accused has to serve 25 years (assuming the truth doesn't come out), why should it be any different for the woman who did the lying? If there are extremely harsh penalties given out for lying in these instances, there would be women who would think twice before lying.
There is a harsh penalty for lying in this instance but the dudes accused have not pressed charges and as of now the DA's office has notpursued prosecuting the girl for this crime.

This happens a lot in the justice system. To the media and to them the crime is more serious than lying about the crime. Blame their "discretion"they're probably thinking lets just leave it alone and lets not look any more bad than we already do for throwing those dudes in the clink prematurely.Lying about a crime is never gonna be an automatic arrest like regular crimes that are committed or allegedly committed.

Look it at like this lets say these 4 dudes didn't get arrested and were on the run so to speak. There'd be a rally with mad ppl protesting this in anuproar calling for the police to catch these dudes. Now back to reality, aint nobody even making a fuss about this chick who lied about it. Shhh is not evennews anymore.

Its !$%%!# up but that's the way it is.....

i think they should be placed under protective custody.
cause if i was falsely accused of rape....

see: Mike Tyson.

"i should rape her now"

been sayin they should go to jail for this for a LOOONG time..these girls don't know how serious this stuff is taken in the eyes of the court andpublic..words are a very powerful thing

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Nah, that's taking it too far.

Now women will be scared to report rapes and sexual harassment.
but lyin about it is ok?
grin.gif

girls right now have da extreme benefit of da doubt....guys need some kinda leverage.

Women have nothing to be scared of if the rapes/sexual harassment is true.

Yes.. One of them was one of my homies from middle school (Jesus Ortiz Aka Pudge) and he was known for playing ball.. She messed up his rep.. She should getsome time.

The WORSE part of the whole story is.....she might have gotten away with it, if buddy aint come through with the video evidence. She would'vetaken it all the way to court, and sat on the stand and looked at those dudes in the eyes while the judge sentenced them to 25 plus. Just thinking about thatmakes me want to go beat that chick with slave whip.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

So if a girl falsely calls rape, she will NEVER come clean if she'll go to jail for it.
Exactly. Without the proof those guys had I they would've been locked up for years. Once they found out she was lying she should have beenpunished somehow. Saying "sike, I wasn't really raped" is not enough to make the case just go away with repercussions

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Exactly. Without the proof those guys had I they would've been locked up for years. Once they found out she was lying she should have been punished somehow. Saying "sike, I wasn't really raped" is not enough to make the case just go away with repercussions
Yeah, but what i'm saying is this was a miracle that they had proof.

Usually, there isn't any.

In my experience, it's not uncommon for a girl to call rape and later admit the truth because they don't want to see someone really get locked up forit.

Put jailtime on her though and it might be more likely that she won't pull that card (although a girl calling rape after consensual sex isn't really inher right mind anyways.) but she for DAMN sure won't tell the truth once she starts feelin' guilty.

yes, if madoff goes to jail for ruining people's lives by lying, then i say yes.....

Originally Posted by G I Jeaux

Women have nothing to be scared of if the rapes/sexual harassment is true.

women are already afraid to report it out of fear of being called out their name, reliving the experience, or thinking its their fault...or that no one willbelieve them cuz they put themselves in that situation...

Back
Top Bottom