Should Jordan Brand Vault Certain Model’s/Colorways?

Aquamanjay_

formerly jaylaw15
I’ve been wondering this. Should JB vault certain colorways and models? Sure, they don’t need to vault the Black/Red 1, Black Cement 3, or Infrared 6, because those always sell out. But what about the Bordeaux 7, Chicago 1, Aqua 8, HGG 13? Some colorways should have much longer gaps in between releases if you ask me. They’re not vaulting the 1, 3, 4, 11, 12, or 13 because those are their best sellers.

What are your thoughts?
95317215-C5B5-4F1D-8CB2-F041808300C0.jpeg

This is like asking what your favorite pair is and what your least favorite pair is. Its all subjective. Depends on your own opinion really. Im not a huge J1 fan. I think they have beaten that model into the ground. But, they still sell. So they are out of the question. They tried the gimmick vault of the 3. We all see how long that lasted. To be honest, they should not "vault" anything at all. What would be the point? To try to vault the J 9, lots are not gonna care. You and I love Aqua 8s. But a lot could give two effs about them at all. See what Im saying. Some may say 8s should go away along with 9s for a long time. I would say no to that. Thats when it is all about opinion and like for certain shoes which we all differ in. Not a flop at all. But its another way of asking whats your least favorite shoe to me.

Definitely the Holiday 11s. It's been a gimmick for the past 10 years and it's been successful for the most part, but now people are starting to get irritated that everyone has the new 11s on their feet on the 26th. Plus it'll help ti gain more hype around the silhouette and hopefully bring some prestige back to the model.

Definitely the Holiday 11s. It's been a gimmick for the past 10 years and it's been successful for the most part, but now people are starting to get irritated that everyone has the new 11s on their feet on the 26th. Plus it'll help ti gain more hype around the silhouette and hopefully bring some prestige back to the model.
damn hard to believe it’s coming up on a decade of holiday 11s now

There really is no incentive to vault colorways and models that always sell out (especially when there’s large supply). Lately, seems like Jordan Brand is releasing popular models and colorways (Jordan 3 Black/Cement, Jordan 11 Space Jam, Jordan 4 White Cement, etc) with larger supply than say pre-2011 releases. From a business standpoint, they should probably vault a model/colorway like the Jordan 10 Shadow since it can’t even sell out with a ~40% discount (although I personally would love to have this shoe release every 5-8 years).

Apparently they already do, because it's the only rational explanation for white/red XIIs not seeing another release by now.

Several Jordans have released TWICE since the one and only retro in 2009.

Apparently they already do, because it's the only rational explanation for white/red XIIs not seeing another release by now.

Several Jordans have released TWICE since the one and only retro in 2009.

That '09 retro was terrible, the shade of red was off and the lacetabs were plastic and shiny chrome instead of metal and a matte silver color.

I think the Chicago 1 should stay vaulted. If you don’t count the mid or the 2013, it’s least released out of the Big 3 OG 1s. The Chicago began the OG 1 remastered drops, so I think they should hold off until Remastered 1s( including the new mold) has ended.

12s should take a break since many new colorways are derivatives of each other. Good point on the shadow 10.

Is that a real issue? That’s been like that for a while. In 2007, my brother came back from Christmas break with the Playoff 8. So did like 11 other people. The next year with the 11/12 CDP was worse. That kinda thing happens with every popular major GR Jordan

Why would you as a buyer want anything vaulted? It seems like developing stockholm syndrome for Nike where people feel like they deserve Nike to tease them and deprive them of what they want.

Why would you as a buyer want anything vaulted? It seems like developing stockholm syndrome for Nike where people feel like they deserve Nike to tease them and deprive them of what they want.
Or, maybe people want enough time to experience a sneaker before it comes back. Following the last 4 year gap, should they drop the Bordeaux 7 again every 4 years? Should every colorway drop every 4 years?

Or, maybe people want enough time to experience a sneaker before it comes back. Following the last 4 year gap, should they drop the Bordeaux 7 again every 4 years? Should every colorway drop every 4 years?
I would say no, but I dont think they should wait every ten years either. So that would be tough to decide on right there. Depends on certain models I guess. Models that dont move well I could see a longer gap. The Jordans that do sell maybe closer. But then people will say they are releasing them too often. So all this would be very hard to determine. As far as the white red 12 goes, it makes no sense to me. They should have come back out for sure by now.

On a side note, whatever ends up in said vault, put Foams in there to. All those trash cw the past few years have ruined the Foams "prestige" imo.

It seems like every three weeks, there's some kind of 10 or 13 dropping. Those could probably go in the vault for atleast a year or two.

Nothing matter fact bring out all the great Retro + CW's from 03 to 07
Too many nice colorways to mention.

Cool grey 3s, green bean 5s, citrus 7s, obsidian 10s, flint 12s, forest green 14s

Is that a real issue? That’s been like that for a while. In 2007, my brother came back from Christmas break with the Playoff 8. So did like 11 other people. The next year with the 11/12 CDP was worse. That kinda thing happens with every popular major GR Jordan
I remember that Christmas was attack of the clones at this huge outdoor mall that was open that day. What made it worse was, it seemed like EVERYBODY chose to wear each shoe on one foot. So you would see the taxi 12s on the left foot and the black/red 11s on the other. :stoneface:

Agreed with not vaulting anything. Seems like people feel obligated to purchase a shoe over and over again just because it keeps getting released. If you don't need it or already have a pair DS then don't buy the next re-issue. Doesn't seem too complicated.

Thats when it gets hard to do. JB knows exactly what to change up or bring back as far as original details go. But your right.

No.

Just make the shoes out of good materials.
Unfortunately overall, people arent looking for quality materials. They dont know any better. They just want the shoe that looks good at the time along with hype backing it. Nike/JB knows this. Thats why they do what they do. His point makes sense though. Dont buy just because its a original 6 colorway. Make sure your genuinely like what your getting first. 6 just an example.

yes the 15, 19 and all signature models after the 18s.... actually jb should stop the new signature models all together... minuswell get rid of team jordans too

Back
Top Bottom