Should the NBA put a cap on minutes per game per player?

TheGodFresco

formerly gsdoubleu
if you've played NBA 2k11 
laugh.gif
,  you have probably heard this Clark Kellogg mention that the nba should put a cap on minutes played a game by a player (ex. each player on the team can only play 38 min max in regulation )  to reduce wear and tear of the players. I think it's a bad idea, but my friend thought it would help a lot and could utilize the bench more, what y'all think?

laugh.gif
,  you have probably heard this Clark Kellogg mention that the nba should put a cap on minutes played a game by a player (ex. each player on the team can only play 38 min max in regulation )  to reduce wear and tear of the players. I think it's a bad idea, but my friend thought it would help a lot and could utilize the bench more, what y'all think?

I dont think it would be a good idea, nor would the NBA hinder the amount of time their star players (read cash-cows) would have on the floor.

I dont think it would be a good idea, nor would the NBA hinder the amount of time their star players (read cash-cows) would have on the floor.

No, its a horrible idea. Now coaches have to decide if they want their star player to keep the game close in the 1st half of need him in the 2nd half to get the W. Let the players decide what they can and cant handle.

No, its a horrible idea. Now coaches have to decide if they want their star player to keep the game close in the 1st half of need him in the 2nd half to get the W. Let the players decide what they can and cant handle.

I hate Clark Kellogg in 2k11 and in real life. Dude is sooooo annoying.

I hate Clark Kellogg in 2k11 and in real life. Dude is sooooo annoying.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif

lebron-james-heat.jpg

laugh.gif

lebron-james-heat.jpg

laugh.gif
Its not that its a bad idea because I'm sure it would cut down on injuries which would be nice. But when the W's are battling in double OT one or two players have fouled out do you want to see Jeremy Lin playing? I think not.

laugh.gif
Its not that its a bad idea because I'm sure it would cut down on injuries which would be nice. But when the W's are battling in double OT one or two players have fouled out do you want to see Jeremy Lin playing? I think not.

Horrible idea. There would be so many instances where there's a close game at the end of the 4th but the best players don't have any playing time left. Or maybe to avoid a situation like this, you would have guys averaging like 30 minutes per game as a safety measure.

Horrible idea. There would be so many instances where there's a close game at the end of the 4th but the best players don't have any playing time left. Or maybe to avoid a situation like this, you would have guys averaging like 30 minutes per game as a safety measure.

Back
Top Bottom