Should time off from work be regulated?

Many industrialized countries require companies/employers give their employees a certain amount of time off while the U.S. has no such law.  

Do you think that the government should pass a law requiring a minimum amount of time off? Do you think workers would be more productive?

Many industrialized countries require companies/employers give their employees a certain amount of time off while the U.S. has no such law.  

Do you think that the government should pass a law requiring a minimum amount of time off? Do you think workers would be more productive?

Damn I just left another thread on this same topic.
laugh.gif
It has four pages.

Damn I just left another thread on this same topic.
laugh.gif
It has four pages.

I think Americans are just lazy in general. Instead of whining how much time we get off we should just be happy we have a job. I mean realistically do you really need more than two weeks off and some ppl get what 4 weeks? I mean I could understand if you consistently worked 60-70 hours a week, but a regular full time 40 hour a week job? Nah just take ya %@! to work, thats why its called WORK.

I think Americans are just lazy in general. Instead of whining how much time we get off we should just be happy we have a job. I mean realistically do you really need more than two weeks off and some ppl get what 4 weeks? I mean I could understand if you consistently worked 60-70 hours a week, but a regular full time 40 hour a week job? Nah just take ya %@! to work, thats why its called WORK.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

If Americans are lazy, then I'd love to hear your thoughts on Europeans.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Never been to Europe, couldnt speak on that. I just feel like Americans always feel like they are entitled to somethin.

Never been to Europe, couldnt speak on that. I just feel like Americans always feel like they are entitled to somethin.

Spoken like a true sheltered, ignorant patriot.
laugh.gif

Spoken like a true sheltered, ignorant patriot.
laugh.gif

sick.gif
 no. 

sick.gif
 no. 

You would be beside yourself if you ever stepped foot in Europe.  I swear, its like dudes there aint got no jobs.  I've only been to Spain and Italy but when I was there I was amazed by the sheer number of folks just hanging out without a care in the world.  All day every day people just chillin in random Piazza's (Italy) or Placa/Plaza's (Spain).  Hit up a club on a weekday night and it was reminiscent of a Friday night at a Hollywood club.  Dude's just have a different outlook over there.

You would be beside yourself if you ever stepped foot in Europe.  I swear, its like dudes there aint got no jobs.  I've only been to Spain and Italy but when I was there I was amazed by the sheer number of folks just hanging out without a care in the world.  All day every day people just chillin in random Piazza's (Italy) or Placa/Plaza's (Spain).  Hit up a club on a weekday night and it was reminiscent of a Friday night at a Hollywood club.  Dude's just have a different outlook over there.

Back
Top Bottom