SI: Another Sunny Day in Lamar's L.A. (great read)

pimp.gif

Didn't know all that about him.
I met him at my church one time.

I hope everyone remembers this thread, and the great things they are saying about LO the next time he does something dumb...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I hope everyone remembers this thread, and the great things they are saying about LO the next time he does something dumb...
We question where his brain is, not his heart
laugh.gif

That was a nice article...made me appreciate the man more. He was the x-factor in the finals last year and he will be again this year.

he is a good dude, when i was a soph in hs, i was at fox hills mall, i really wanted a darius miles swingman, but they were sold out, this was when d-milesswingmans were going for like 180 on ebay lol...
anyways, when i first got to the mall, we actually saw lamar walk in, but me and my boy wanted to buy these jerseys... well while were inside fanzz, im talkingto the guy and he is telling me, im sorry we are sold out of d-miles jerseys.... im like damn that sucks....

then some guy says, why dont you get a "odom" jersey? i turn around, and there he is lamar... im just standing there, not really knowing what tosay... then he's like, "i'll buy it for you.." then im like, "really? ok ...." so this dude buys me his jersey. It was a white xxxlclippers odom jersey, he paid like 75 total for it. He was like, "you look like a sz L.. you sure about a xxxl?" so me and my boy talked to him for acoo minute, he had on concord xi's. We asked him some questions, then he signed some this scantron i had in my pocket.....

so after we left, i was telling my boy, from this day on lamar odom will be my favorite player, and he still is.... then this past christmas eve, i actuallysaw lamar at the southbay galleria, i was tryin to see if i could see whats up but the employees in footlocker were trippin not lettin people in, i wanted tosee if he would remember me, which i doubt he would, but i just wanted to say thanks again... i would of been like, "hey remember me, im that skinny asianguy who had braids in 2001 and you bought me your jersey at fox hills mall, ohhh i also sent you a tone of fan mail in 2005 when you came to the lakers.."

seriously i dont know guy like that, but i think hes a good dude...

cliff notes:
-met lamar in 2001
-he bought me his swingman jersey when i couldnt get a dmiles one
-saw him again last year, wasnt able to talk to him

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

We question where his brain is, not his heart
laugh.gif

lol

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

he is a good dude, when i was a soph in hs, i was at fox hills mall, i really wanted a darius miles swingman, but they were sold out, this was when d-miles swingmans were going for like 180 on ebay lol...
anyways, when i first got to the mall, we actually saw lamar walk in, but me and my boy wanted to buy these jerseys... well while were inside fanzz, im talking to the guy and he is telling me, im sorry we are sold out of d-miles jerseys.... im like damn that sucks....

then some guy says, why dont you get a "odom" jersey? i turn around, and there he is lamar... im just standing there, not really knowing what to say... then he's like, "i'll buy it for you.." then im like, "really? ok ...." so this dude buys me his jersey. It was a white xxxl clippers odom jersey, he paid like 75 total for it. He was like, "you look like a sz L.. you sure about a xxxl?" so me and my boy talked to him for a coo minute, he had on concord xi's. We asked him some questions, then he signed some this scantron i had in my pocket.....

so after we left, i was telling my boy, from this day on lamar odom will be my favorite player, and he still is.... then this past christmas eve, i actually saw lamar at the southbay galleria, i was tryin to see if i could see whats up but the employees in footlocker were trippin not lettin people in, i wanted to see if he would remember me, which i doubt he would, but i just wanted to say thanks again... i would of been like, "hey remember me, im that skinny asian guy who had braids in 2001 and you bought me your jersey at fox hills mall, ohhh i also sent you a tone of fan mail in 2005 when you came to the lakers.."

cliff notes:
-met lamar in 2001
That's a dope story. I wish more athletes were like this.

still wears his mitt when he goes to baseball games in the hope of catching a foul ball, collects pro wrestling figurines as a hobby and asks the staffer behind him on the team's plane for permission to recline his seat because "my legs are kind of long."
For some reason something about the wrestling figures and the mitt seemed
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
to me

Thanks for posting this, great read. I want to see LO get a ring in LA.

he is a good dude, when i was a soph in hs, i was at fox hills mall, i really wanted a darius miles swingman, but they were sold out, this was when d-miles swingmans were going for like 180 on ebay lol...
anyways, when i first got to the mall, we actually saw lamar walk in, but me and my boy wanted to buy these jerseys... well while were inside fanzz, im talking to the guy and he is telling me, im sorry we are sold out of d-miles jerseys.... im like damn that sucks....

then some guy says, why dont you get a "odom" jersey? i turn around, and there he is lamar... im just standing there, not really knowing what to say... then he's like, "i'll buy it for you.." then im like, "really? ok ...." so this dude buys me his jersey. It was a white xxxl clippers odom jersey, he paid like 75 total for it. He was like, "you look like a sz L.. you sure about a xxxl?" so me and my boy talked to him for a coo minute, he had on concord xi's. We asked him some questions, then he signed some this scantron i had in my pocket.....

so after we left, i was telling my boy, from this day on lamar odom will be my favorite player, and he still is.... then this past christmas eve, i actually saw lamar at the southbay galleria, i was tryin to see if i could see whats up but the employees in footlocker were trippin not lettin people in, i wanted to see if he would remember me, which i doubt he would, but i just wanted to say thanks again... i would of been like, "hey remember me, im that skinny asian guy who had braids in 2001 and you bought me your jersey at fox hills mall, ohhh i also sent you a tone of fan mail in 2005 when you came to the lakers.."

cliff notes:
-met lamar in 2001
pimp.gif
at you being up close with both lamar and smush

man, i remember living back at home and the first season staples opened. anyone remember clipper games and the nosebleed seats w/ the mcd's dea: 4 tickets,10 dollars each, 4 free quarter pounder w/ cheese meals? and the clippers had that great roster, but still sucked.

i think LO is deserving of being a laker. he still plays that earthquake role (showing up when he wants to), but he plays well when he does. a good 2nd chanceat his career.

I've met Lamar a few times and he probably is one of the most approachable NBA player. He really treats fans well and he never says no to an autograph.When people are shouting for his shoes after games, he just takes them off and throws them into the crowd.

He is just one of those dudes that really appreciates life and everything he has.

I guarantee that he will stay with the Lakers for less money. I'm sure he'll get offers from other clubs for more money but with his love for LA andhis desire to win a championship, he'll stay in LA for less.

Originally Posted by DaeWing

I guarantee that he will stay with the Lakers for less money. I'm sure he'll get offers from other clubs for more money but with his love for LA and his desire to win a championship, he'll stay in LA for less.
I hope so too.. I've always been a Lamar fan since his days as a Clipper.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

cliff notes:
-met lamar in 2001
pimp.gif
at you being up close with both lamar and smush
with the good you get the bad haha

Back
Top Bottom