SI Roundtable: Is Cavs' sweep of Lakers a sign of things to come?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I wish the Lakers had beaten Orlando in the Finals after they got swept by them last season.

Oh, wait...

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
I wonder if it was a sign of things to come when they swept San Antonio in the regular season...

/thread.

this dude really thinks these 2 wins really are an indicator of what can happen in the future
laugh.gif

I'm not reading that crap just yet. No offense but when I saw OP, i was looking for the "here we go again" pic

The ONLY thing ill say is that last year we DID have the best record in the NBA and got bounced. BUT.........during the regular season we also lost to all the good teams and just beat up the weak by like 20 a night and the starters rested so many 4th quarters. This year we RIGHT NOW have the best record again BUT WE'RE ALSO BEATING THE GOOD/TOP TEAMS. That is the difference between this year and last.

Take it for what its worth, but this Cavs team is the best we've had. If we can't get it done this year, then who knows..........back to the abyss

Another thread of outacontrol homer trying to reassure himself the Cavs are the !%%% and every other team isn't

Originally Posted by acidicality

Another thread of outacontrol homer trying to reassure himself the Cavs are the !%%% and every other team isn't
basically
laugh.gif

You know what it means. The Cavs will be a powerhouse for years to come. Those TWO wins alone
has clearly shown a shift in the "team to beat" in the NBA. In fact, I'm pretty sure now that
Cleveland will be a bigger basketball market as well.

Lebron may be better in the long run... but the Lakers are a better team than the cavs right now by farrrrrr

I'm just going to say: REMEMBER THE ALAMO. I hope it's not a sign of things to come.

People in here are sweating bullets right now.  I thought most of em woulda learned from last season, but guess not.  Witness protection will not be available this season.  Fair game for all. 

the real question is, why have the cavs worn about 7 different jerseys in the past 2 seasons? they wore the home, road, and alts this year, the 88-89 jerseys, the 88-89 jerseys again but in a color they never actually wore, they wore the 70's jerseys last year, and the 70's jerseys again in a color they never actually wore last year as well.

2007-08 Celtics sweep Lakers = Celtics vs Lakers finals
2008-09 Magic sweep Lakers = Magic vs Lakers finals
2009-10 Cavs sweep Lakers = Cavs vs Lakers finals??

Yes.

It's a sign that the Cavaliers will continue to play the Lakers.

It would probly mean a lil something if they were in the same conference.

If they do play again, in JUNE these 2 games will be ancient history.

another thing to add is that these wins mean more for the cavs franchise then they would for the lakers franchise. also the cavs need those wins more then the lakers do in a way.

like it was said earlier last year cleveland at times struggled with the better teams in the league while beating up on crap. they've been playing good against good teams this year so from a cavs fans standpoint i would feel better about this team then last years team and after the slow start cleveland has looked very solid.

its still alot of season left though

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Does SI, NOT SEE THE STARTING FIVE FOR LOS ANGELES?!

roll.gif
No way Cleveland can even contend with Los Angeles at all!

Well, that is, if you ignore the 2 decent wins this year that show that, if nothing else, the Cavs can, in fact, contend with LA.

I'mjustsaying.

Back
Top Bottom