Silver Linings Playbook (2012) - Trailer - Jennifer Lawrence,Bradley Cooper,Robert DeNiro AND...

i just watched this movie and let me tell you guys, it was Great..

-bradley cooper did an exceptional job as a bipolar person. 

-robert deniro was great and funny too. (his superstitions 
laugh.gif
)

-jennifer lawrence looked ravishing (she does a decent booty pop too 
devil.gif
)

-it was great seeing chris tucker in a movie again.. all his scenes were gold IMO

It's a romantic comedy in the end, so it's not a shock if they end up together. But the writing, the acting, making it about mental illness and have the couple be damaged, all worked so well together.

Does anyone know the name of the song towards the end of trailer #1?

watched this last night and was surprised at how much i enjoyed it

caught the feels real hard 
embarassed.gif

Watched Silver Linings Playbook this morning. I really enjoyed it, thought Cooper was awesome. Lawrence and him played off each other really well.

DeNiro was good too, but not Supporting-Actor-Nominee worthy IMO, not over Leo at least.

Finishing it now, great movie. Would have been a great date, movie. Not first date, but dating.

Funny when they celebrated the 5 and everyone was confused.

Finishing it now, great movie. Would have been a great date, movie. Not first date, but dating.

Funny when they celebrated the 5 and everyone was confused.

It was so funny, I watched it twice. First time with the famb and second with my date. She thought it was funny as well but she liked The Guardians movie more :stoneface: . The scene when Cooper first met Lawrence was funny af and during the jogs.

The best part was I'd guess a majority of the audience knew they'd get at least a 5 and win the bet... but even though it was predictable, you still felt good when they won and you still enjoyed the moment. That's really impressive and it's one of the reasons the movie is so great.

Last edited:
For those who might want to see this in theaters, it's opening wide in 2500+ theaters tomorrow, so it should be playing somewhere near you.

Saw it 2 nights ago.
Great movie. Recommended.
Great performances all around.
Good to see Tucker back on the screen. Dude was funny in all his scenes.

Posted this in another thread

Watched Silver Linings Playbook last night.

Lawd.......... she is all kinds of hot. Mercy.

Acting wise, her and Cooper were electric, they dialogue over each other the whole time, yet never miss a beat or make it feel like they are screwing each other up. It's damn near perfect, almost like real couples who are fighting. I was really impressed with both of them. I completely agree with both their Oscar noms.

DeNiro was good, but I do not think he shoulda been an Oscar nom. Not enough there imo. Liked his role, his character, all that was fine, I just didn't think he compared to what Lawrence and Cooper were bringing to the table.

Loved seein Tucker in something not Rush Hour. And I did like his character. I kept thinking he would cause a problem in some way for Coop, but naw, he was just flat out cool. Loved how he kept coming back even tho he was supposed to be in the hospital.

Julia Styles. She gets hotter with age man, got damn.

If was a very.....strange subject. The way both of them clearly have issues, and deal with mental health, something that is just not easily explainable, or understandable, and yet, they seemed to fit, even when they say things completely innapropriate, they just move past it in a heartbeat. I loved that aspect. The way they sort of bonded for a sec with the whole comparing which drugs they had taken to "cure" them. Stuff like that is real. And they portrayed it really well, and neither one of those actors suffers from anything like that in real life, so tapping into it, that's some talent on display.
The range of both of them. Cooper was a nobody on Alias, the harmless friend zone guy. Now he's done A-Team action, leading man Limitless, solid acting performance in this, I like it. I'm a fan of this guy.
Jennifer. Jesus. We're sure she's 21-22? She has the acting chops of ANY actress I've seen. Winter's Bone, Katniss, X-Men, this, her upcoming roles, she's all over the place. She was incredbile in this. The looks she would give for expression, the way she would just blurt out what she thought, how she could be "crazy" one sec, and in total control and helpful the next.

I am buying the **** out of this blu ray when it drops. I'll watch this multiple times and love it every time. 9/10 easy.

Great movie. Still a little surprised that it was nominated for best picture, but great movie to me. Like the ending dance, and Jennifer Lawrence :smokin

Watched it this weekend and really enjoyed it. Caught myself smiling the entire time. :lol:

Cooper did his thing. Lawrence was alright.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom