Since we're being nostalgic with the "favorite pass" thread...let's remember KJ

Was there a better small guard at dunking on centers?
Ask Hakeem, Hot Rod Williams, and Mark Eaton

��

KJ
pimp.gif

KJ probably had the best single little man dunk of all time.....but I think this guy did it more often
wink.gif

^ Yeah, Pack could dunk. I used to call him "The Jumping Bean" He really had no other game to speak of.

started a thread on KJ not too long ago. Serious baller with serious game. And should be a first ballot hall of famer. I doubt he'll even get in now.It's sad how not alot of people even heard of him. Probably the most underrated player in NBA history.

Probably the most underrated player in NBA history.
Probably not.

dantley_351.jpg

23,177 points, ninth on the NBA career scoring list at time of retirement
.540 field-goal percentage, one of the highest ever recorded by an NBA non-center
30-plus points per game for four straight seasons

And he was a 6'5 PF
eek.gif

From 1989-1997 KJ was one of the best PG's the game has ever seen. Unfortunately injuries took many of his games away.
He shot 49% for his career (as a guard)
He had three straight seasons with over 20 PPG and 10 APG , a feat that has only been matched by Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas, Oscar Robertson, and TinyArchibald).
He just missed a fourth with a 19.7 PPG and 10.7 APG avg in 1991-1992.

He played in an era of great PG's (Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Payton) so he often gets overlooked, but he was right up there with the best.

KJ is definitely appreciated in my book....I know you're a Suns fan to the death, but do you think he's top 10 all time?

I remember ESPN had a list of the 10 greatest pg's of all time...would you place him above any of these guys?

[table][tr][td]Career Statistics[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Years[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]M. Johnson[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]19.5[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]11.2[/td] [td]24.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]O. Robertson[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]25.7[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]23.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]I. Thomas[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]19.2[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]9.3[/td] [td]18.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]J. Stockton[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]13.1[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]10.5[/td] [td]21.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]B. Cousy[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]18.4[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]19.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]W. Frazier[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]18.9[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]19.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]J. Kidd[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]14.5[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]9.2[/td] [td]18.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]T. Archibald[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]18.8[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]S. Nash[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]19.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G. Payton[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]16.3[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]18.9[/td] [/tr][/table]

i'd have to put him above nash. I think nash is overrated. Just because he won 2 straight MVPs everyone is riding his jockstrap. KJ was a better playerthan nash.

My favorite player of all time. He was the reason I started watching basketball. The whole Suns WCC team was my favorite team ever, even if they did get beatby mike. Devin Harris is like a crappy version of KJ imo. Taller and not as good, but close.

I'd put KJ ahead of Nash and Payton.
I can't say anything about the guys like Archibald that I never saw play.

IN HIS PRIME KJ COULDNT TOUCH PAYTON.

BUT ITS INSANE HOW ATHLETIC KEVIN WAS

NASH AND HIS PRIME YEARS ARENT ON JOHNSONS AND PAYTONS LEVEL AS FAR AD DEFENCE NOR POINTS CREATED.
ADD TO THE FACT THAT NASH PLAYS IN THE MOST GUARD FRIENDLY ERA EVER AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT NASH ISNT AW TOP 10 PG IN NBA HISTORY

Back
Top Bottom