Single Women Outpacing Men In Home Ownership

Did some limited research it looks like women may be more likely to move the hell out for several reasons. Either way I dont think it really accounts for the differences.

You realize both of those are in regards to Europe, right?

You realize both of those are in regards to Europe, right?

I know.

It sounds like leaving the house specifically for marriage accounts for these differences. This IS a privilege afforded to women I guess. Men stay at home women have the privilege of finding a man to care for them.

I know.

It sounds like leaving the house specifically for marriage accounts for these differences. This IS a privilege afforded to women I guess. Men stay at home women have the privilege of finding a man to care for them.
And/or until the mom and daughter nearly kill each other.

I didn’t see any context around divorce in the article. Given the extremely high rate of divorce and the fact that women normally get the house if there’s children involved, wouldn’t that have a huge impact on the amount of “single” female homeowners?

I mean, it is what it is but that is very different than saving up for a home and buying it yourself.

Women DEFINITELY are more comfortable staying at home and not leaving the nest, as opposed to men. Plus it’s just safer for women due to them being vulnerable to assault.

Men don’t want to be home with their folks

I didn’t see any context around divorce in the article. Given the extremely high rate of divorce and the fact that women normally get the house if there’s children involved, wouldn’t that have a huge impact on the amount of “single” female homeowners?

I mean, it is what it is but that is very different than saving up for a home and buying it yourself.
Facts

Grown women don't like living with other grown women. Most women want to have their own . More women than men get 4 year degrees and up

Last edited:
I feel like it's the opposite...

Houses prices and mortgage rates are crazy atm.

If you can get on the ladder now you gotta be doing something right.

Exactly. I'd brag too if I had a mortgage. I still rent.

If I wasn’t married I’d be in a cheap townhouse, houses are too much.

Not sure where you are located, but in my area, there is no such thing as a cheap townhouse! We live in one (and love it) and it's increased in value by about 75-80% since we bought it 11 years ago. The average interior unit is in the $425k-$435k range in our neighborhood. We have an end, so always more desirable and adds a nice bit more $$$ from what we see. New construction townhomes around here are easily in the $400k range. There may be some small single garage homes that are in the mid $300k but they are few and far between. And forget Carriage Homes. Those are like $500k to start! 😳 Oh and all sold out at all the new developments. Have ZERO clue how these younger people are paying for homes over $500k!

Last edited:
I’m in the twin cities. Idk what they are new maybe 200-300k depending on location and what not.

An older one is maybe 175 if it’s nothing fancy.

If I wasn’t married I’d be in a cheap townhouse, houses are too much.

Townhouses/condos in some places cost more or as much as houses especially in big cities.

My townhouse/condo costs 750k and up. For the same price I could get a mansion in a decent neighborhood in the suburbs. In some ways if youre trying to be cost effective a house may be the way to go.

Yeah I just meant where I’m at.

Yea it varies for sure. The prices on these new constructions are getting ridiculous. I only paid 515 for the second unit where I live then they immediately jacked up the price. My place is pretty spacious. I was more offended when I found small 2 bedroom condos a few blocks away going for 1 mil +. Foolishness. Theres nothing special about my crib that warrants any cost above 300 grand. :lol: They have sold half the units so far and raise the price every time. Glad I got mine when I did. They said they made 0 profit off my unit.

They did that here too. All these houses are going up by my job. It all used to be corn fields last year.

I remember on was starting low 300s. Changed the sign to 400s six months later. :lol:

Don’t get me started on million dollar condos. My boy owned one downtown, the association fee was more than my mortgage and he didn’t even have a pool.

They did that here too. All these houses are going up by my job. It all used to be corn fields last year.

I remember on was starting low 300s. Changed the sign to 400s six months later. :lol:

Don’t get me started on million dollar condos. My boy owned one downtown, the association fee was more than my mortgage and he didn’t even have a pool.

When I was shopping for a condo I found a place with a 1300 dollar HOA. Nothing in there costs that much. No pool. Basic apartment gym. The only thing I could think about was the nicely dressed security guards and staff. :lol:

yeah my homie was paying over 2500 a month on maintenance fees living in a condo. wild.

i live in a nice gated community now and my hoa is under 1100.

Back
Top Bottom