Sixers considering breaking ties with A.I.

Originally Posted by iChampion

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

What's his daughter's illness?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Iverson+daughter's+illness
No one knows what his daughter's illness is, smart***.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

OK...I see ya'll are "those" type of people. Not even going to get into it. The man brought some type of excitement back to the franchise. For a split second...people in Phila and out of it paid some attention to the Sixers again. They did manage to win some guys that AI was crucial. You guys can go ahead and go on your rant about how much of a cancer he was and blah blah blah. Cool.

He did bring back excitement to the 24 people in the stands every night.  Youre right again, for a SPLIT SECOND he brought back excitement.  After that second they realized he was garbage.

man ive never seen him play in person...i was finally going to go to a game this season...this sucks

Basketball don't matter right now anyways, getting his daughter in good health is all that matters.  No way I blame AI on this, not even close. 

the sixers organization<<<

seriously what good does this do....we are not a good team....the playoffs are not happening this season so why do this? i seriously hope they reconsider

Originally Posted by Durden7

OK...I see ya'll are "those" type of people. Not even going to get into it. The man brought some type of excitement back to the franchise. For a split second...people in Phila and out of it paid some attention to the Sixers again. They did manage to win some guys that AI was crucial. You guys can go ahead and go on your rant about how much of a cancer he was and blah blah blah. Cool.

He did bring back excitement to the 24 people in the stands every night.  Youre right again, for a SPLIT SECOND he brought back excitement.  After that second they realized he was garbage.

You're crazy, Iverson can still play

Iverson signs with NY next year.
Tmac stays for less money.
Then LeBron and Wade goes to NY.

Someone had to say it...

Ill daughter is Iverson's main concern
POSTED: February 16, 2010

By PHIL JASNER

HE WAS THERE, in the 76ers' practice gym last night. And yet, he was somewhere else. He was running up and down the court with his teammates, seemingly immersed in the job at hand, preparing for tonight's game against the Miami Heat. And yet, it was easy to see that he had to fight himself to focus.

Barring anything unforeseen, he expects to play. Starting, coming off the bench for the first time in his 14-season career, it didn't matter. He is ready to do

Allen Iverson, having missed the last five games and what would have been his 11th straight appearance in the NBA All-Star Game, was back from his home in Atlanta, where he had been helping care for his ill daughter. Messiah Iverson is 4 years old. Listening to her father, doctors have been unable to determine specifically what is wrong. It wrenches at Allen Iverson; it almost hurts to hear him talk about the delicacy and uncertainty of the situation.

Messiah has been in and out of the hospital; she might have to go in again. Iverson, listening to people who know more than he - or any layman - would, has decided to bring her here, to Children's Hospital.

"From what I'm hearing, they're the best at it," he said.

She had a doctor's appointment yesterday in Atlanta, bringing him to say, "If they find out it's pneumonia, which they hope it's not, they're going to have to admit her again."

"A lot of the tests, things they checked for, came back negative," he said. "There are a couple more tests they want to take, and see where it goes from there."

He said the doctors "assured me they would get to the bottom of it. You look at them eye to eye and you can tell they truly believe that. You kind of feel comfortable about it."

He thought about not coming back at all. He thought about how much fun it would have been to play in the All-Star Game, where more than 1.2 million votes from the fans had landed him a starting position in the Eastern Conference, where a record crowd of more than 108,000 attended in Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas. But he knew, he said, that he had made the right decision.

"I have five kids," he said. "None of them have ever been this sick. It's a first-time thing for me. I like to look at myself as a strong person, especially dealing with everything in my life. But this is a totally different situation; you find out you're not as tough as you thought you were when it's one of your kids. All I do is just pray on it; everyone that cares anything about me and my family, I wish them to do the same, 'cause that's all that can be done right now, 'cause they don't know exactly what's wrong with her."

A big part of him didn't want to come back, but he knew it might be helpful to live in the bubble of his profession.

"I do have a commitment and an obligation to be with my team and to do my job," he said. "I think this is the only thing I do in life where it's for a couple hours during a game [that] I don't think about [anything] but that. I think, in some type of way, that'll help me deal with my [family] situation a little better."

In the past, he has fought mightily against coaches who wanted to bring him off the bench, regardless of circumstances. Not now.

"That is so far from my mind right now, that's the last thing that I'm thinking about," he said. "And we've got to do what's best for the team. Everybody understands that I can run all day, [but] this is a mental game as well. If I'm not in it mentally, I wouldn't risk hurting the team.

"I don't think I will be a problem being mentally strong and able . . . [but] I'd be lying if I said it's not going to be tough."

Jordan said he was leaning toward not starting Iverson, but would wait until today to decide. Whether Jordan has ever had a philosophy about starters returning from injuries or whatever also was not a factor.

"No, he's different," Jordan said. "To me, he's different. He's so many years in the league, he's an 11-time All-Star, he's had a personal issue to deal with. I just want to make sure that physically he was in some type of rhythm and he had his legs under him, and we have to see [today] how he responds."

Jordan said Iverson "will be with the rotation guys for sure."

"Part of it is him," Jordan said. "He's been through it. He's a good player. I think we understand we want to keep the negative out of all of our conversation and mindset and be positive, [knowing] that he helped us. They [teammates] like him. He's a good teammate. We'll see how it goes . . . It's sort of a 'feel' thing."

Iverson said he told Jordan that "whatever decisions he makes regarding me, I'm all in.

"I'm going to support him regardless of what it is, whether I'm happy with it or not. I'm happy with the situation of being back in Philadelphia; I don't want to mess that up for [anything]."

He said his heart was with his team, but it was just as easy to see where it really was, with a 4-year-old daughter with an undetermined illness.

"The strongest man in the world," Allen Iverson said, "I don't think they could deal with it if something happened to one of their kids. I just love my kids." *

I would like to see A.I. go to a team that really has a legitimate chance to win the NBA championship...I'm not asking or expecting him to start, but I would like to see him pick up a championship in a similar fashion like Gary Payton did with the Heat...

But it's a sad day considering how impactful Allen was a decade ago. Sad to see the guy leave (again), but I hope he sticks around for a reserve role on a contending team.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Someone had to say it...
pimp.gif

Greatest team of all-time.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by RFX45

Someone had to say it...
pimp.gif

Greatest team of all-time.

...yeah, right..all those guys on the Knicks next year huh? ...wishful thinking..
laugh.gif

Ya, I see AI retiring after this (if Philly breaks ties)... But the positive if he does retire, is he retires a Sixer... Which is how it should be.

Hope all is well with his daughter though.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by Durden7

You're crazy, Iverson can still play

No he cant.  Hes a 5th option at best right now.

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Ill daughter is Iverson's main concern
POSTED: February 16, 2010

By PHIL JASNER

HE WAS THERE, in the 76ers' practice gym last night. And yet, he was somewhere else. He was running up and down the court with his teammates, seemingly immersed in the job at hand, preparing for tonight's game against the Miami Heat. And yet, it was easy to see that he had to fight himself to focus.

Barring anything unforeseen, he expects to play. Starting, coming off the bench for the first time in his 14-season career, it didn't matter. He is ready to do

Allen Iverson, having missed the last five games and what would have been his 11th straight appearance in the NBA All-Star Game, was back from his home in Atlanta, where he had been helping care for his ill daughter. Messiah Iverson is 4 years old. Listening to her father, doctors have been unable to determine specifically what is wrong. It wrenches at Allen Iverson; it almost hurts to hear him talk about the delicacy and uncertainty of the situation.

Messiah has been in and out of the hospital; she might have to go in again. Iverson, listening to people who know more than he - or any layman - would, has decided to bring her here, to Children's Hospital.

"From what I'm hearing, they're the best at it," he said.

She had a doctor's appointment yesterday in Atlanta, bringing him to say, "If they find out it's pneumonia, which they hope it's not, they're going to have to admit her again."

"A lot of the tests, things they checked for, came back negative," he said. "There are a couple more tests they want to take, and see where it goes from there."

He said the doctors "assured me they would get to the bottom of it. You look at them eye to eye and you can tell they truly believe that. You kind of feel comfortable about it."

He thought about not coming back at all. He thought about how much fun it would have been to play in the All-Star Game, where more than 1.2 million votes from the fans had landed him a starting position in the Eastern Conference, where a record crowd of more than 108,000 attended in Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, Texas. But he knew, he said, that he had made the right decision.

"I have five kids," he said. "None of them have ever been this sick. It's a first-time thing for me. I like to look at myself as a strong person, especially dealing with everything in my life. But this is a totally different situation; you find out you're not as tough as you thought you were when it's one of your kids. All I do is just pray on it; everyone that cares anything about me and my family, I wish them to do the same, 'cause that's all that can be done right now, 'cause they don't know exactly what's wrong with her."

A big part of him didn't want to come back, but he knew it might be helpful to live in the bubble of his profession.

"I do have a commitment and an obligation to be with my team and to do my job," he said. "I think this is the only thing I do in life where it's for a couple hours during a game [that] I don't think about [anything] but that. I think, in some type of way, that'll help me deal with my [family] situation a little better."

In the past, he has fought mightily against coaches who wanted to bring him off the bench, regardless of circumstances. Not now.

"That is so far from my mind right now, that's the last thing that I'm thinking about," he said. "And we've got to do what's best for the team. Everybody understands that I can run all day, [but] this is a mental game as well. If I'm not in it mentally, I wouldn't risk hurting the team.

"I don't think I will be a problem being mentally strong and able . . . [but] I'd be lying if I said it's not going to be tough."

Jordan said he was leaning toward not starting Iverson, but would wait until today to decide. Whether Jordan has ever had a philosophy about starters returning from injuries or whatever also was not a factor.

"No, he's different," Jordan said. "To me, he's different. He's so many years in the league, he's an 11-time All-Star, he's had a personal issue to deal with. I just want to make sure that physically he was in some type of rhythm and he had his legs under him, and we have to see [today] how he responds."

Jordan said Iverson "will be with the rotation guys for sure."

"Part of it is him," Jordan said. "He's been through it. He's a good player. I think we understand we want to keep the negative out of all of our conversation and mindset and be positive, [knowing] that he helped us. They [teammates] like him. He's a good teammate. We'll see how it goes . . . It's sort of a 'feel' thing."

Iverson said he told Jordan that "whatever decisions he makes regarding me, I'm all in.

"I'm going to support him regardless of what it is, whether I'm happy with it or not. I'm happy with the situation of being back in Philadelphia; I don't want to mess that up for [anything]."

He said his heart was with his team, but it was just as easy to see where it really was, with a 4-year-old daughter with an undetermined illness.

"The strongest man in the world," Allen Iverson said, "I don't think they could deal with it if something happened to one of their kids. I just love my kids." *

frown.gif

I don't understand the point of cutting him now with so few games left. The Sixers aren't making the playoffs, he's making less than a million this season.
I can see if he was missing games for something dumb, but he's being a responsible father and trying to take care for his daughter.

Can't blame AI for this.

Any person who speaks negative about Iverson was never affected by what Iverson brought to this game. He was a heroin to a few people that I knew. A strong hearted, tough %!$ basketball player. One of the greatest players in the L if you ask me. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

I have nothing but upmost respect for that dude. What the sixers are doing to Iverson is probably the most selfish and disrespectful thing they can do during this time. Dude brought a lot hope back to the city of Philly and the only reason why they've been relevant in the last 15 years was because this man right here.

I hope to see him pull thru this and become an efficient player again. He still has a lot of game left in him..

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Any person who speaks negative about Iverson was never affected by what Iverson brought to this game. He was a heroin to a few people that I knew. A strong hearted, tough %!$ basketball player. One of the greatest players in the L if you ask me. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

I have nothing but upmost respect for that dude. What the sixers are doing to Iverson is probably the most selfish and disrespectful thing they can do during this time. Dude brought a lot hope back to the city of Philly and the only reason why they've been relevant in the last 15 years was because this man right here.

I hope to see him pull thru this and become an efficient player again. He still has a lot of game left in him..

applaud this man

Back
Top Bottom