Sizing ? on 16s -18s

ajflint13

Banned
I know the recently released 22s were whack...im a size 10 or 10.5, and I wear a 9 in them.....but the 21s are true IMO

My question is asking the guys who can answer as to whether the 16s, 17s, 18s, (OGs) are fitted like the 22s? where thy run big? or are they not...if im a size10-10.5, am I ok getting a 10.5 in the OG 16s or 17s or 18s? is one of them bigger or what.....please provide insight and opinions, I do truly appreciate it....!!!! Thanks NIKETALK

Og 17s run a little small.
Og 18s about true.

Og 16s, i can't really remember. I *think* about true.

Retros may be different.

i think the 16 and 17 run a little bit smaller. At least if you put on the gaiter/shroud. My OG 17s are lows and I have no problem with them but the retro 17is quite snug with the gaiter on. My 16s I actually have a half size bigger than usual and the shroud doesnt fit exactly how I want. 18s fit normally to me.

Thanks......I just ordered 16s and 18s....well see how they do...and I do not shroud on 16s, 17s

without shroud/gaiter i think they all fit pretty similar with the 17 maybe a bit thinner.

so if I am a 10 in the 23s (perfect fit)
then 10.5 in 16s without gator is good buy?
and 10.5 in 18s is a good buy?

bc thats what I got

imo, all j's run true to size except the I's AND the XVII's (i always get half a size bigger in each)

It does look as though the 18 is to wide.....does that disturb anyone? or is it no biggie?

yung c, do you have an og pair of every shoe?

Originally Posted by swingshot

Og 17s run a little small.
Og 18s about true.

Og 16s, i can't really remember. I *think* about true.

Retros may be different.
There you go ....
XVI ... XVII ... a bit small
XVIII run true to size

Originally Posted by BNasty615

my 17 wit out the strip feel good
??? okkkk ??? and.....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AJFlint13

It does look as though the 18 is to wide.....does that disturb anyone? or is it no biggie?

yung c, do you have an og pair of every shoe?

It does not disturb me at all, i suggest maybe getting the 10 if you dont want it too wide, but length wise XVIIIs run true to size.

Id prefer the a little wide XVIIIs over then super narrow 1s a million trillion gazillion googleillian....(you get the idea) times.

This is the experience I've had:
I-VI: True
VII: a bit small, perhaps 1/2 size small
VIII: True
IX: DEF. 1/2 size atleast small
X-XV:True
XVI-XVII: DEF. 1/2 atleast small, XVI and XVII both have the small toe box and close to the small platform, so both run small
XVIII: True for the most part
XIX, XX: I can't really remember
XX1-XX3: True
I have the biggest sizing problems with Jordans ever and have bought them all in sizes 11-13 because they all def. do not run the same, hope that helps

how do you say 22s are tru?

they are sooooo huuuuge!!!! i can wear a nine, and im a ten

well, if we wanna go thru all the numbers, these are based on my normal sz 13:
1-7: true
8: a little snug with the straps on, i still wear 13 in them tho
9-11: true
12: the one i dont have =(
13-15: true
16: a little tight with shroud, not bad without
17: quite tight with gaitor, still slim without
18: true
19: my SEs are 13.5 and fit just right, i could probably do 13, but i never tried
20-23: true

my 22s fit just normal, not sure why yours are so big

Does no one really believe that the IXs run small? I need to get that pack and I'm a size 12 in V-VIII and X-XV, but I remember IXs being snug, anyonethink they'd be tight. I'd have to get a 13 since I won't be able to find a size 12.5

my 9s are lows, so maybe thats why, but i never noticed them as snug.

my 16s ARE size 13.5 and i would like to try on 14s, I think the shroud would work better. Without the shroud though 13.5 is fine and I can probably do mynormal 13.

my 17s are a bit narrow but not really uncomfortable until the gaiter is on. For my lows no prob since they have no gaiter. For the CDP ones I wish I got 13.5,maybe 14 cuz i do use the gaiter. But I still manage with gaiter size 13, but a little bigger prolly wuda been nice.

i started collecting in 2000, so i dont have all og's, more like all retros

but yeah i have og XVI, XVII, and XVIII.

Back
Top Bottom