Skank Robbers

Consider yourself lucky that you didn't watch the BET Awards show, but here is one bright spot from the show...

I'm sorry. But i just couldn't wait on the Stimulus Package.

roll.gif

Joint is hilarious, they were already characters, nothing you can do about it now, and i appreciate them making fun of themselves, i was dying. Do i thinkit's a ploy to emasculate the black man, yes, but due in part to those characters, they were able to move beyond that and become fairly influential andsuccessful, where they can inturn use their power for positive, ie putting new cats on so they don't have to go through that. Someone has to go through thehoses and dogs to get to where you need to be.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Joint is hilarious, they were already characters, nothing you can do about it now, and i appreciate them making fun of themselves, i was dying. Do i think it's a ploy to emasculate the black man, yes, but due in part to those characters, they were able to move beyond that and become fairly influential and successful, where they can inturn use their power for positive, ie putting new cats on so they don't have to go through that. Someone has to go through the hoses and dogs to get to where you need to be.
So I guess there not "influential or successful" yet?
smh.gif
seeing they still doing it....

When's the last time you saw them do that? it was a one time sketch, its not like they did a movie. I don't see how that's setting anything back,some of ya'll too uptight.

That junk had me dying. This was one of the better BET Awards in a while and it still failed.

The emasculation is a given but it didn't really affect my opinion of this skit....the humor level was just real low IMO.

Coulda been funnier.

This is a serious question so I'm not trying to start anything.

How does this emasculate men? Black men in particular.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

This is a serious question so I'm not trying to start anything.

How does this emasculate men? Black men in particular.
Not necessarily this skit....but almost every one of the few Black actors and comedians in Hollywood have to play a gay or trans gender role.

It definitely has a subliminal effect.

Originally Posted by TrueBlue Magic

Consider yourself lucky that you didn't watch the BET Awards show, but here is one bright spot from the show...

it sucks that even rich black people perpetuate their own stereotypes....

damn shame..

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

Is this really dropping?

of course not.....if at the end you look at the production companies its clearly just a skit on another note to the OP i actually liked the BET awards all ofNEW EDITION paying tribute to the Jackson 5 was good

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Joint is hilarious, they were already characters, nothing you can do about it now, and i appreciate them making fun of themselves, i was dying. Do i think it's a ploy to emasculate the black man, yes, but due in part to those characters, they were able to move beyond that and become fairly influential and successful, where they can inturn use their power for positive, ie putting new cats on so they don't have to go through that. Someone has to go through the hoses and dogs to get to where you need to be.
oh really?

Back
Top Bottom