SKINS FANS.........How do you feel about the trade talk around Jason Campbell??

I concur... a dude I use to room with played Linebacker and had diabetes.. Type 1 and was a beast on the field. Sometimes he would need to poke himself duringgames.. but it never affected him too much unless he basically forgot because of the energy he was using..

Originally Posted by Moodydodds

The Skins need a real GM plain and simple. Danny sign the checks, Vinny shine Danny's shoes and leave the football to the pros. How the heck do they expect to win with a "high" turnover rate (players not game stats) every year. Build thru the draft (the good teams do) and think about the future..........and get them rides at 6 Flags right.
Quoted for Emphasis

I didn't want to start a new thread for every QB the skins consider this offseason so I tag along to this one... But any thoughts on Mark Sanchez??? Ihear via PTI that Dan... Dan seems interested (not in those words).

mark.jpg

[h1]Man punched after yanking Cowboys flag off car[/h1]April 15, 2009 - 12:51pm

WASHINGTON - A man was punched in the face after grabbing a Dallas Cowboys flag from a car in downtown Washington, police say.

D.C. police Lt. Eric Hayes says someone snatched the flag from a car as it was stopped in traffic Tuesday evening and apparently threw it to the ground.

Police and witnesses say that by the time the man crossed the street, someone exited the car and struck him in the face before driving away.

Police say the incident may have been motivated by team loyalty, or the motorist might not have wanted anyone to touch his car.

Police say a man was taken from the scene to be treated for a bruised forehead.

Information from The Washington Post

(Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Reportedly the skins have spoken to Seattle about getting the number 4 pick from Seattle to get Mark Sanchez....if this is true
smh.gif

i say stay with JC...lets have some stability. give him one more year with this coach and then see whats poppin. Dan is always about a quit fix, this isnt theNBA, a trade can't automatically make a team that much better.

....with that being said tho yes certain trades can happen but i hope ya get my point

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Reportedly the skins have spoken to Seattle about getting the number 4 pick from Seattle to get Mark Sanchez....if this is true
smh.gif
This better not be true
we got other issues to take care of
Give Campbell one more chance then if he can't prove himself this year get someone else

If the Skins Sign Sanchez cause they draft him... That dude who is their Capologist would have to be a gangsta to make signing HIM and ALL other draft pics. Ithink we would be limited cap wise getting other needs. I know he would look good in our colors though...lol

But does our Offense fit him? Can we just start all over and Fire Zorn... Fire Vinny.. Fire Dan....Cut El Draft ALL Linebackers and Linemen since we now have14 down lineman on the D side of the ball...

Dag.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

If they are that pressed for a QB, I don't know why they didnt go after Leftwich...

please exit this thread and do not return

Originally Posted by rocman23

If they are that pressed for a QB, I don't know why they didnt go after Leftwich...

Explain why that's so rediculous? He def lit us up last year... and when he was healthy (like he is now
eyes.gif
) He was a decent QB who could throw the ball down field accurately.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

[h1]Man punched after yanking Cowboys flag off car[/h1]April 15, 2009 - 12:51pm

WASHINGTON - A man was punched in the face after grabbing a Dallas Cowboys flag from a car in downtown Washington, police say.

D.C. police Lt. Eric Hayes says someone snatched the flag from a car as it was stopped in traffic Tuesday evening and apparently threw it to the ground.

Police and witnesses say that by the time the man crossed the street, someone exited the car and struck him in the face before driving away.

Police say the incident may have been motivated by team loyalty, or the motorist might not have wanted anyone to touch his car.

Police say a man was taken from the scene to be treated for a bruised forehead.

Information from The Washington Post

(Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Explain why that's so rediculous? He def lit us up last year... and when he was healthy (like he is now
eyes.gif
That dude is consistently getting injured, damn near every year of his career he gets injured. Im not saying he is a terrible QB, but I trustcampbell over him. Leftwich is just really streaky, he can be hot and than of course he can play like a QB who dosen't want to be the face of franchiselike he did in Jacksonville. He had a decent 0-line in Jacksonville and solid offensive playbook. I really don't think Campbell is the problem, he justneeds to get more comfortable with the playbook and Zorn needs to open up that playbook also. And even if Campbell is the problem I just dont believe a ByronLeftwich QB is the solution. We need to get better oline players and better playcalling, I think he'll do even better this year since he has had more timeto learn the playbook and wont be switching to a 3rd playbook.

I dont think Campbell can take us to the promsie land tho, but neither could leftwich.

eyes.gif
That dude is consistently getting injured, damn near every year of his career he gets injured. Im not saying he is a terrible QB, but I trust campbell over him. Leftwich is just really streaky, he can be hot and than of course he can play like a QB who dosen't want to be the face of franchise like he did in Jacksonville. He had a decent 0-line in Jacksonville and solid offensive playbook. I really don't think Campbell is the problem, he just needs to get more comfortable with the playbook and Zorn needs to open up that playbook also. And even if Campbell is the problem I just dont believe a Byron Leftwich QB is the solution. We need to get better oline players and better playcalling, I think he'll do even better this year since he has had more time to learn the playbook and wont be switching to a 3rd playbook.

I dont think Campbell can take us to the promsie land tho, but neither could leftwich.

Good Point(s), but I will say that adding him to our roster is a whole lot smarter than drafting Sanchez.... or keeping Tood Collins, who did well in anoffense he was in for ten years, but since he's not in that offense why are we still paying him? I just hope they pick an O-Lineman or D-Line man with thefirst pick...

Reportedly the skins have spoken to Seattle about getting the number 4 pick from Seattle to get Mark Sanchez....

If the Skins do pull back the hammer and try to get Mark Sanchez this just proves that the front office has no idea on how to run a football team. It's assimple as the trickle down theory.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Reportedly the skins have spoken to Seattle about getting the number 4 pick from Seattle to get Mark Sanchez....

If the Skins do pull back the hammer and try to get Mark Sanchez this just proves that the front office has no idea on how to run a football team. It's as simple as the trickle down theory.
smh.gif
@ me...it's too early in the year for me to be agreeing with anything Deuce says about football....but he's right.

I'm HOPING that it's all a smokescreen to get other teams to try to trade up to that #13 spot if Sanchez is still on the board....if it's not,PLEASE let Sanchez get drafted before the Skins do anything dumb. This move would make zero sense, especially because Campbell is in the last year of hiscontract. If Campbell plays like he did in the first 8 games of last year, give him an extension...if he sucks, then you can look at the 2010 draft for a QBin the 1st round. It's that simple. Aside from Carson Palmer, USC QB's have been busts in the NFL...I don't see anything really special aboutSanchez that will turn not only the Skins fortunes, but ANY NFL team's fortunes around. He's not that special....

I just don't see this being the case with the ******** (one of the top merchandise selling franchise) or the NFL (although they do like to play in othercountries) but if the Skins did get Sanchez, could the fact that he is Latino, "Marketable", etc, etc... potentially have anything to do with it???Attracting a lesser interested demographic to the sport in a area with a high Latino population. I dunno... just throwing it out there. And then the factorthat he is OK OR perhaps, his game is at a new level and he is demonstrating that during the workouts.

I personally still think Campbell is the route to go, give him another chance for the reasons other have stated AND IF not give our back-up, the boy fromHawaii (can't recall his name at this moment) an opportunity... cause he look like he has potential imo Focus on making the O line stronger, muchstronger... Campbell couldn't even drop back before feeling pressure.

Exactly we got Colt!! If we get Sanchez what was the point in getting Colt for? Man if I hear that the skins draft Sanchez I think I will be mad. Actually Idon't know how I would feel.

Back
Top Bottom