SMART Gilas Pilipinas Nat'l Team Program

just saw in TMZ (of all tv programs) that gilas lost a close game played in LA. rapper The Game played for the opponent's team and i must say he can definitely play! he could hit those treys...

Harvey of TMZ said "Am i the only one wondering how tall these filipino players are? can I be the center of this team?"

Originally Posted by blackmambakb24

Harvey of TMZ said "Am i the only one wondering how tall these filipino players are? can I be the center of this team?"

Harvey knows how to play ball? Well, he has a boyfriend...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Originally Posted by blackmambakb24

Harvey knows how to play ball? Well, he has a boyfriend...
laugh.gif
"I'm A Lawyer"
laugh.gif

Gilas loses to a NBA filled with NBA draft prospects 108-99

Chris Banchero had 22 points & Greg had 25 points, 11 rebounds.

What's happening to Japeth?
laugh.gif

damn, slaughter with a double double, might be a beast when he plays for admu in a couple of years.

I wonder what the final FIBA Asia line-up would look like.
Maybe something like this?
  1. Jvee Casio
  2. Chris Tiu
  3. Chris Banchero
  4. Chris Lutz
  5. Ryan Reyes
  6. Marcio Lassiter
  7. Marnel Baracael
  8. Kelly Williams
  9. Jason Ballesteros
  10. Japeth Aguilar
  11. Greg Slaughter
  12. Naturalized Player
Team B?
laugh.gif

1. Andy Barroca
  2. Rabeh Al-Hussaini
  3. Aldrech Ramos
  4. JR Cawaling
  5. RJ Jazul
  6. Rey Guevarra
  7. Dylan Ababou
  8. Magi Sison
Too bad UC won't let Fajardo play for SBP because of their BAP ties.
eyes.gif

lots of fil-ams filling up the team. hopefully these guys are that good to be inserted into the lineup over the locals who has been with the team longer.

Smart Gilas has a tune-up game tonight at 7pm versus Talk & Text.

saw Milan, he looks really excited to play. hopefully, he can help the team in the coming tourney.

http://www.philstar.com/A...licationSubCategoryId=69

Smart Gilas halts Jordan
By Joey Villar (The Philippine Star) Updated June 28, 2010 12:00 AM

spo1d.jpg

Mark Barocca of Smart Gilas tries a steal off Sam Daghles of Jordan in last night’s final game of the MVP Cup. Joey Mendoza
| Zoom

MANILA, Philippines - Smart Gilas Pilipinas came charging in the dying minutes and stunned World Championship-bound Jordan, 91-80, to top the 2010 Smart Philippine Invitational Challenge, also known as the MVP Cup, at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium last night.

Mac Baracael played a near flawless game as he spewed 22 points, including four triples while JV Casio came through with 12 of his 15 points in the final two minutes to break a 77-all deadlock and the hearts of the Jordanians, who will see action in the FIBA World Championship this August in Turkey.

“I’m satisfied with the win and I feel happy winning it for the Filipino people,

Congrats to Smart Gilas, but I still think CJ Giles is a better fit on court.

Douthit seems like a nice guy though, unlike Mac Cardona
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Congrats to Smart Gilas, but I still think CJ Giles is a better fit on court.

Douthit seems like a nice guy though, unlike Mac Cardona
laugh.gif
co sign on the cj giles being a better fit. also I don't think douthit is the best candidate with him being 30 years old already.

^yeah investing on a talent that will inspire soon. i think we should look for someone younger and is still able to adapt.

any other updates? 
wink.gif

i heard over the radio that the Phil beat Jordan in a FIBA tournament in Lebanon...

any details on this?

Back
Top Bottom