Smush Parker Officially Coming Back To LA

Man I was about to say Phil Jackson has lost lost his mind

How about Memphis picks him up? Then they could have the broken smushcalade and kwame stonehands. Get that #1 pick in the draft!
roll.gif

His first season with the Lakers, he was humble and worked and played hard. Pretty much overachieved . Then he started feelin himself and stopped doing whatmade him successful. He is serviceable but most def not starter material like he was with the Lakers.

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

His first season with the Lakers, he was humble and worked and played hard. Pretty much overachieved . Then he started feelin himself and stopped doing what made him successful. He is serviceable but most def not starter material like he was with the Lakers.

Thats pretty much exactly what I saw. I watched him play about 10 games in Detroit the year before (2 or 3 10-day contracts) and I saw a dude who wasathletic, who wasn't shooting silly shots, who was working hard on defense, and who could finish plays and push tempo when needed

I don't know what got into his head, especially on a team with Kobe, that made him think he could just stop doing all that after one season. Like you said,he is serviceable when he plays the way he should, but when he gets in Smush mode... he is top 5 worst players to have on the court, he just kills his own team

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

His first season with the Lakers, he was humble and worked and played hard. Pretty much overachieved . Then he started feelin himself and stopped doing what made him successful. He is serviceable but most def not starter material like he was with the Lakers.

Thats pretty much exactly what I saw. I watched him play about 10 games in Detroit the year before (2 or 3 10-day contracts) and I saw a dude who was athletic, who wasn't shooting silly shots, who was working hard on defense, and who could finish plays and push tempo when needed

I don't know what got into his head, especially on a team with Kobe, that made him think he could just stop doing all that after one season. Like you said, he is serviceable when he plays the way he should, but when he gets in Smush mode... he is top 5 worst players to have on the court, he just kills his own team
Dude got big headed and went all Hollywood.Right after he got that SLAM presents: streetball cover.

Seriously I still cant beleive he some how he impressed Mitch Kupchak during a Long Beach summer pro league game to where he could start 2 season for theLakers as our PG.Smush seriously is one of the few player who I felt didnt deserve to wear the purple & gold.

This signing really makes no sense to me at all. The Clippers season has been dead, what's the point of taking on more salary now?

Clippers Sign Smush Parker
March 12, 2008 - 7:01 pm
Press Release -
The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent guard William "Smush" Parker. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

Parker appeared in nine games for the Miami Heat in 2007-08, averaging 4.8 points, 1.7 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game before he was waived by the Heat onMarch 10. Parker has played in 255 career NBA games and has career averages of 9.2 points, 2.8 assists and 2.5 rebounds per game.

Smush already had his chance to prove that he belongs in the league he Failed

give some young NBDL player a chance at their dreams
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Smush already had his chance to prove that he belongs in the league he Failed

give some young NBDL player a chance at their dreams
eyes.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

He obviously didn't fail. He started for 2 yrs in a major market and then got a 2yr deal. After things went bad in MIA he was INSTANTLY picked up byanother team. Maybe all of these teams see something that you are not capable of seeing.... He's been on plenty of em'.... Just maybe....

Originally Posted by chikickz

Is Smush really better than Guillermo Diaz? Diaz already knows the Clippers system and he's more affordable.

Oh, maybe the Clips used up all the 10 day contracts they could give to Diaz. I think if you want a third 10 day contract you have to make them a paid roster player for the rest of the season.

Or maybe he's still trying to figure out how to run a pick and roll.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
@ the Clips, expect Kobe to dunk on him next time the Hallway series goes down.

Smush, Maggette, Thornton, EB and Kaman vs Fish, Mamba, L-O, Pau and Drew(?) April 10th
pimp.gif

Hopefully he helps us avoid the inner-city broom
ohwell.gif

phew! Just when the Lakers got rid of all their barnacles, I was like #$%!...

they needed to cut Maurice Evans, this dude and Brian Cook loose (tough to lose his big man range but, he doesn't play D and shoots too much)

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

[table][tr][td]Clippers Sign Smush Parker[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The Los Angeles Clippers today signed free agent guard William "Smush" Parker. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not released.

Parker appeared in nine games for the Miami Heat in 2007-08, averaging 4.8 points, 1.7 assists and 2.1 rebounds per game before he was waived by the Heat on March 10. Parker has played in 255 career NBA games and has career averages of 9.2 points, 2.8 assists and 2.5 rebounds per game.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
source

smh.gif
laugh.gif

What the %+%! is this %*$%+%@#? First we pass on the Maggette + Livingston for Iverson trade, then we pay Cassell to go to another team when we could haveat least entertained some trade possibility, and not this buill****. What the %+%! is Sterling thinking? That +%@+##%$+#!%% $!*% is a bonafide idiot. I hope heand Dunleavy Sr. go straight to hell in a handbasket.
%+%!!

Back
Top Bottom