Sneaker Head College Students.. Vol. Dorming

Originally Posted by HisRoyalFreshness69

Drop out of college if you need sneaks to get you laid son.

NT been very shady lately, I seen dozens of threads where the first comment is usually a backfire to the OP including myself
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

So bring a treasure chest and a long chain and a big lock and landmines to put around the treasure chest, i guarantee you wont lose one pair

im sure this would work OP

im always told i have too much sneakers at school. ive been able to lock my closet or had a roommate i could trust. i brought over 20 pairs with me and alwayswere them

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

You guys obviously missed my point..

I am not asking if I should bring my sneakers or not..

I am saying.. I am bring my sneakers.. so all those posts about "only bring 5 or w.e" are useless..
my man... you obviously care about your shoes... so please listen to us... dont do it

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

You guys obviously missed my point..

I am not asking if I should bring my sneakers or not..

I am saying.. I am bring my sneakers.. so all those posts about "only bring 5 or w.e" are useless..
laugh.gif
This dude. Cats trying to help you and you getting mad.Trust when cats say don't bring that many pairs. You won't wear them all, with all of the walking that you'll be doing you would want somethingcomfortable and if you have suspicions if your roommate stealing your sneakers then you already have a bigger problem. The most pairs I brought was 8 and Iusually bought more throughout the year and I still didn't wear most of them. If you're that paranoid put in a request for a single or have that talkwith your roommate in which you'll kill any chance of you guys being somewhat cool. Do you playboy.

Don't take them. When I was living in the dorm, I kept my collection at my parents house. Plus the dorm rooms are real small so you dont need the shoestaking up space.

#yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns #yns

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

You could revert to just vans.

That is what my boy is doing. Left norcal for san diego with only 3 pairs of vans. Has a closet full of heat at home. Smh.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^You're right, it isn't science, it's a matter of statistics. I won't lie, I had over 10 pairs up there last year. How many did I wear? probably 4-5. Truth be told, you'll get tired of dressing yourself up or thinking of what kicks to rock by the end of the first month. Save your efforts and have these on deck:

-A respectable pair of sandals
-Some mostly white shoes
-A pair of vans
-A pair of dress shoes
-Flip flops for the shower
-Maybe a pair of "neckbreakers"
-Cleats (just in case you play football, which i ended up doing)
-Gym shoes.

/thread

yo just bring em if you want if not don't. and why do ppl think because you take a lot of kicks with you you want to be in a fashion show. everyday i dressfor myself not for othersapproval

Originally Posted by rocman23

yo just bring em if you want if not don't. and why do ppl think because you take a lot of kicks with you you want to be in a fashion show. everyday i dress for myself not for othersapproval

i dont quite get that either

When I was in college, I only lived about an hour's drive from campus so I was able to go home frequently and because of that I was able to swap out mykicks regularly. You really should not have more than six to eight pairs if you live in the dorms. If your roomy is a perfect roommate and soon becomes yourbest friend, theft is endemic in college dorms so even if it is not your roommate doing the theft someone will steal your kicks if you have lots of them and itbecomes known that you have lots of rare and have high resell value (even if you have beaters you may still get your stuff stolen. Undergrads, particularlyunderclassmen, are usually pretty grimy).

I was careful and if I did have a fresh pair and/or neck breakers, I would wear them at the end near the end of the week, when I knew would be going home andcould take that pair home to safety back in Ventura County at my parents' house (the CSUN dorms may well be the most crime ridden in the Country). I lovedcollecting kicks and did not want to lose my stuff so when I was at school, I usually had just what I needed for running around campus/the neighborhood nearthe school and playing intramural or pickup basketball and soccer and I would usually just have beaters at that.

When you move off campus things get much better but still watch out because roommates can be douches and steal from you and even if your roomies are all great,just having people comin gand going from a place, lots of peope having keys to a place, parties with strangers, even smal lget togethers in college can involvefriends of friends of friends (those are the types who usually steal in college, not your friends or roomies and not perfect strangers but that shady dude whoknew you enough and knew that there was valuables in the place but was enough of stranger to not care that he is stealing from you. This is true for dorms oroff campus housing). I was never robbed but I knew enough people who were to know that I should keep most of my valuables back home and if I did have nicethings to be very discrete about it. That is true, BTW, for on or off campus housing, for kicks or valuables that are not kicks and for life in general butcollege in particular.

Just bring what you need for sports and fitness and maybe have one or two nice pairs for casual wear. As I went on in college though, a combination of hearingabout theft and an increasingly casual everyday wardrobe at school had me usually wearing sandals most of the year and having a pair of boat shoes or loafersfor colder weather and the only kicks were ones that I used regularly for sports and training.

Unless you have a single, with a very sturdy lock, do not even think about having your entire collection with you at school. Even if you have a single that issecure, college thieves can get pretty ingenious and other college thieves are opportunistic,even if you actually had a sturdy lock and door (which isextremely unlikely, dorm doors are trash) you may forget to lock your doors or some takes your keys or any number of things can happen to jeopardize yourentire collection and leave it at the mercy of the multitudes of broke, sociopathic strangers who will be the majority of your dormmates.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

When I was in college, I only lived about an hour's drive from campus so I was able to go home frequently and because of that I was able to swap out my kicks regularly. You really should not have more than six to eight pairs if you live in the dorms. If your roomy is a perfect roommate and soon becomes your best friend, theft is endemic in college dorms so even if it is not your roommate doing the theft someone will steal your kicks if you have lots of them and it becomes known that you have lots of rare and have high resell value (even if you have beaters you may still get your stuff stolen. Undergrads, particularly underclassmen, are usually pretty grimy).

I was careful and if I did have a fresh pair and/or neck breakers, I would wear them at the end near the end of the week, when I knew would be going home and could take that pair home to safety back in Ventura County at my parents' house (the CSUN dorms may well be the most crime ridden in the Country). I loved collecting kicks and did not want to lose my stuff so when I was at school, I usually had just what I needed for running around campus/the neighborhood near the school and playing intramural or pickup basketball and soccer and I would usually just have beaters at that.

When you move off campus things get much better but still watch out because roommates can be douches and steal from you and even if your roomies are all great, just having people comin gand going from a place, lots of peope having keys to a place, parties with strangers, even smal lget togethers in college can involve friends of friends of friends (those are the types who usually steal in college, not your friends or roomies and not perfect strangers but that shady dude who knew you enough and knew that there was valuables in the place but was enough of stranger to not care that he is stealing from you. This is true for dorms or off campus housing). I was never robbed but I knew enough people who were to know that I should keep most of my valuables back home and if I did have nice things to be very discrete about it. That is true, BTW, for on or off campus housing, for kicks or valuables that are not kicks and for life in general but college in particular.

Just bring what you need for sports and fitness and maybe have one or two nice pairs for casual wear. As I went on in college though, a combination of hearing about theft and an increasingly casual everyday wardrobe at school had me usually wearing sandals most of the year and having a pair of boat shoes or loafers for colder weather and the only kicks were ones that I used regularly for sports and training.

Unless you have a single, with a very sturdy lock, do not even think about having your entire collection with you at school. Even if you have a single that is secure, college thieves can get pretty ingenious and other college thieves are opportunistic,even if you actually had a sturdy lock and door (which is extremely unlikely, dorm doors are trash) you may forget to lock your doors or some takes your keys or any number of things can happen to jeopardize your entire collection and leave it at the mercy of the multitudes of broke, sociopathic strangers who will be the majority of your dormmates.
Your story, it's cool bro.

Back
Top Bottom