Sneaker prices are about to rise across the board due to our President Elect smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp fellas sneaker prices and really prices of all imported goods are about to rise. The sneaker industry is normally the first to raise prices though.... which is why they are in the spotlight. Why is this? Welp Trumps Border Tax plan and his presence alone is causing importation deals to fall. So expect Nike and Adidas to raise prices asap within the next year. So here is the #1 reason why 11 lows went up this year. I'm sure other models will follow suit. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Ultraboosts hit $190.

My source is Matt Powell from NPD. Dude is a great follow on twitter.

I know a few of you have Adidas and Nike stock so this is definitely concerning. We sneakerheads will continue to buy but will the average consumer slow down? Trump about to send us into another recession in my opinion. It won't be long before even us, die hard sneakerheads, will have to scale back our spending. I personally didn't cop much of anything back in the 08 and 09 recession except for 11s and a few CDP packs

Last edited:
get out while you still can. that's what i keep hearing in my head. i've actually been hearing that for at least 5 years now, but i haven't exactly listened although i have scaled back. but now it's time to move. and i say "while you still can" meaning while these shoes still have some value left. soon, with the way the world is going, there will be none. we will have "real **** " to worry about soon.

:nerd:

Matt Powell sucks

He blames everything on trump even when he does positive things

Used to love his tweets and info posted but after reading some of his recent tweets, he's an idiot

It's Worse You Made That Assumption about his personal life Even Though This Is A Sneaker Forum So Of Course He's Going To Mention It in regard to sneakers

You're right about that... my apologies

I'll just say this... my personal stocks have gone up just under $7,000 since trump was elected...that's not the definition of a recession

It's Worse You Made That Assumption about his personal life Even Though This Is A Sneaker Forum So Of Course He's Going To Mention It in regard to sneakers
Exactly lmao. @cox5  didn't comprehend my first few sentences of the post. Of course we will have bigger concerns involving Trade taxes (such as food!!!). This is a sneaker forum lmao.

Hey @cox5  the keywords were "all imported goods". Just wanted to point that out. Have a good day bro. 

Last edited:
You're right about that... my apologies

I'll just say this... my personal stocks have gone up just under $7,000 since trump was elected...that's not the definition of a recession
Book definition of recession - a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.

People stop spending = trade and industrial activity will decline. Now go ahead and give me that definition that you learned in business school back in the day. That crap was proven wrong in 2008. 

Last edited:

prices go up, people still buying.
Yep, so lets say what if...what if everybody on this forum make less purchases than they made in 2016. That will be directly shown in the upcoming quarterly Nike and Adidas statements. And believe it or not die hard sneakerheads are a small drop in the bucket in regards to the sneaker industry.

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]y'all quit buyin...more for me

with all do respect to forum users here, I STRONGLY dislike Trump.... but let's not pretend Nike wasn't gonna bump up the prices regardless.

Oh y'all thought paying $220 for retro's was as high as it was gonna get? Black Cement 3's haven't been remastered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom