sneaker storage help

i have read numerous places that keeping the paper in the box speeds up/contributes to yellowing. i have also read that storing shoes in ziploc bags are bothgood and bad. the best way ive heard to store shoes in the box is by substituting the paper with garbage bags. what are your opinions? and if using the garbagebag method, is there ant specific type i shoudl use? right now i just store mine in the box no tissue, some with silica packs.

Originally Posted by crw127

i have read numerous places that keeping the paper in the box speeds up/contributes to yellowing. i have also read that storing shoes in ziploc bags are both good and bad. the best way ive heard to store shoes in the box is by substituting the paper with garbage bags. what are your opinions? and if using the garbage bag method, is there ant specific type i shoudl use? right now i just store mine in the box no tissue, some with silica packs.
This

silica packs are also good and bad, while they do absorb the moisture which is a good thing to stop yellowing it also dries out and cracks the leather.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Wear them. Shoes are meant to be.

^Exactly!!!! Don't let them sit in the closet and turn green moisture!!!!
wink.gif

Shoes will crease and yellow in time. I just have my Space Jams in the box and under my bed. Might throw some silica packs on top of the tissue paper.

So, keeping the tissue paper in the box really contributes to the yellow of your Jordans? Really? I didn't know that.

I've been keeping my tissue paper in the box with a silica gel packet taped to the side of the box for years now, and all of my sneakers are still prettymuch all icy.

- This is how I store all my sneakers.

mhgeqb.png

Oh yeh, I do rock my sneakers, this is just a double. One to rock, one to keep on ice.

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

So, keeping the tissue paper in the box really contributes to the yellow of your Jordans? Really? I didn't know that.

I've been keeping my tissue paper in the box with a silica gel packet taped to the side of the box for years now, and all of my sneakers are still pretty much all icy.

- This is how I store all my sneakers.

mhgeqb.png

Oh yeh, I do rock my sneakers, this is just a double. One to rock, one to keep on ice.

I heard that the paper makes the soles turn yellow?

Back
Top Bottom