SNOWFALL THREAD. (tv series)

i wonder how long franklin will be on crutches..they didnt go into much details about his injuries so im sure he will get to a point where he will be able to walk without them again

Someone said Snowfall was better than the Wire

I proceeded to disregard every opinion they had subsequently
Too far.
i can't front i yelled oh **** when strange fruit started playing and it went back to reality
The music choice of this show has been increasingly excellent.

A lot of great shows have some top notch soundtracks but Snowfall hand managed to be a standout. Picking the right songs to hit at the right moment.

reminded me of this...
OccasionalFrequentIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

so i was wrong he was shot, but incredible how this within this alternative universe, 2 different paths same outcome. franklin was going to be screwed by the system regardless of the route he chose, now he's making his own rules & freed himself from that cycle. reagan cut college money & then they introduced crack into the hood, pick your poison. also him reading "native son" (a personal favorite) drives home the point. also it's dope seeing someone like melvin gregg (manboy) come up off vine & social media & into regular tv series where you can see him progressing as an actor, i love seeing that.

I plan on binge re-watching this from the start!

The show has been incredible but specifically this season has hit new heights for sure.

The Manboy drive by scene had to still be a dream sequence. Why would Jerome be walking through Skully's (Stacy) hood?
I think that was real, just a real artistic way with music to highlight the ensuing chaos. I'm sure there's a name for that kinda sequence in film but I don't know it. Beautiful though.

I may have missed it in earlier seasons but is Jerome Crip? Son pulled up in the blue whip w/ the all blue fit.

Why Manboy ride on them *****s?

That seemed disjointed af to me.

So those that mean Manboy is a Crip?
Placing this in the weird category as well. Definitely didn’t want the season finale to be a look at his life before he started hustling. Should have spent more time focusing on the gang/turf war part

The Manboy drive by scene had to still be a dream sequence. Why would Jerome be walking through Skully's (Stacy) hood?

The Manboy scene was real. Remember when Manboy first went to Franklin to be the plug, and Leon was there? That conversation they had was tense, but they put the ******** aside to do business and that's what kept things cool. Remember when Franklin and Manboy had that exchange about school and how wild they were, and how the lunch lady being punched was mentioned. Then after Franklin got in the car and turns to Leon and said Manboy was the one who punched the lunch lady. He's a hot head. But was smart enough to keep that **** cool because Franklin had the recipe--the better recipe. Why? Because Wanda was a fiend and was piecing it together. Manboy just figured that he had to be chill and get his product from Franklin. Now, since Franklin's been out for a while, and he's been getting product, who's to say Manboy hasn't figured out the recipe and trying to come at Franklin now? Idk, but now that massive wave is coming and Manboy finally letting loose. We'll see how it goes.

Season 3 was amazing. Franklin about to climb out that cave and cause chaos like Batman in the TDKR in S4.. :lol::pimp:

PO

Season 3 was excellent. Can’t wait for 4. Season 3, they really stepped it up. Franklins comeback!

That was one of best season finale's I've ever seen. That whole "What If" scenario was done great.

reminded me of this...
OccasionalFrequentIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

so i was wrong he was shot, but incredible how this within this alternative universe, 2 different paths same outcome. franklin was going to be screwed by the system regardless of the route he chose, now he's making his own rules & freed himself from that cycle. reagan cut college money & then they introduced crack into the hood, pick your poison. also him reading "native son" (a personal favorite) drives home the point. also it's dope seeing someone like melvin gregg (manboy) come up off vine & social media & into regular tv series where you can see him progressing as an actor, i love seeing that.

I'll say again this is probably the best and most realistic depiction about being a young black male in that era. The game is rigged against us.

Dream sequence was dope. Joint was like 30 minutes but flew right by.

John Singleton nod was cool too.

Strange fruit and Native Son, if you couldn't see where they were going with this then you just don't get IT.

Gang/turf wars were common place in LA since the 60s but crack took it to a whole new level. Once dudes started making REAL money, turf became that much more important.

And Teddy was not pleased with Franklin knowing all that inside info about the war on communism and practically demanding immunity. Franklin isn't indispensable to Teddy. If Teddy feels he knows too much, he could be replaced in his opinion.

Franklin coming to the realization of who he has to be for now was chilling. That convo he had with his parents. He knows he messed up introducing crack to the hood but he also understands what would happen if he were to just get out of the game.

"If we bail now there will be chaos, we'll leave a vacuum, gangs battling for territory for sure. And an entire ******* community in ruins. Is that what you want?"

I'm not glorifying his stance but it makes perfect sense from his prespective.

Doesnt matter who else learns the recipe. As of right now, Franklin is the only one with a connect providing that much weight to even distribute to cook it up

Never got the hype around the wire. Was only able to sit through about 3 episodes before I called it quits.

Snowfall, if they close it right, will be up there as one of the best series we’ve gotten.

Show has not and most likely will not ever touch the wire. It’s still excellent tho.

Really think dude who plays Saint has a bright future. He’s been unbelievable this season

Unless a show has a completely holistic outlook on an entire city, I can't compare it to The Wire. I wouldn't even deem them comparable.

Snowfall has its lane and it's crushing any competitors in that lane, IMO.

Meh, Franklin woulda been locked up season 1 if not for the feds. He's learning as he goes along after lucking up into the plug of a lifetime whereas Avon was surgical with his and had a vision all along. I like both shows tho without comparing them to each other.

Back
Top Bottom