So an occuring trend I've been noticing lately...

as u get older u realize things that are going on with ppl in ur age range
but its been happening since forever.

You ain't buggin OP, I've seen a lot of MS profile where chicks constantly take pics of their stomach tryna look bomb etc posting comments like "Oh you wish you could look this good", "my baby better than yours", or my fav "I got a baby and the guys still flock to me".
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Being preggo is a fashion statement IMO chicks walking around with the mentality that the still look good with a big ol' belly talking bout they still a ten.
eyes.gif

Back when I first graduated HS and about 2 years into college I heard of a lot of girls getting pregnant. I think its like a subconscious way of self-destruction, but making your life have purpose. If that makes any sense lol. Let me explain. Other than getting pregnant they got nothing going for them. They realize, "shoot I am no longer cool as I was in HS and I don't have a good job, and I don't go to college, everyone around them is doing bigger and better things. And, now they can blame it on that they have a kid. As well as it gives them purpose other than just taking up resources. I thought of this cause it the only way I can explain it other than saying they are hella dumb. Unless you try to have one you shouldn't have a kid, so many ways to prevent it.

Key findings
National levels and trends
• In 2006, 750,000 women younger than 20 became pregnant. The pregnancy rate was 71.5
pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–19, and pregnancies occurred among about 7% of women
in this age-group.
• In 2005, the U.S. teenage pregnancy rate reached its lowest point in more than 30 years (69.5),
down 41% since its peak in 1990 (116.9). However, in 2006, the rate increased for the first time
in more than a decade, rising 3%.
• The pregnancy rate among sexually experienced teenagers (those who had ever had
intercourse) was 152.8 pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–19, reflecting the fact that the
overall teenage pregnancy rate includes a substantial proportion of young people who are not
sexually active. The pregnancy rate among sexually experienced teenagers also increased for the
first time in over a decade, rising 3% from 2005 to 2006.
• The teenage birthrate in 2006 was 41.9 births per 1,000 women. This was 32% lower than the
peak rate of 61.8, reached in 1991, but 4% higher than in 2005.
• The 2006 teenage abortion rate was 19.3 abortions per 1,000 women. This figure was 56%
lower than its peak in 1988, but 1% higher than the 2005 rate.
• From 1986 to 2006, the proportion of teenage pregnancies ending in abortion declined almost
one-third, from 46% to 32% of pregnancies among 15–19-year-olds.
National levels by race and ethnicity
• Among black women aged 15–19, the nationwide pregnancy rate fell by 45% (from 223.8 per
1,000 to 122.7) between 1990 and 2005, before increasing to 126.3 in 2006.
• Among non-Hispanic white teenagers, the pregnancy rate declined 50% in the same period
(from 86.6 per 1,000 to 43.3), before increasing to 44.0 in 2006.
• Among Hispanic teenagers (of any race), the pregnancy rate decreased by 26% (from 169.7 per
1,000 to 124.9) between 1992 and 2005, before rising to 126.6 in 2006.
• Among all racial and ethnic groups, the birthrate reversed its downward trend in 2006 for the
first time in more than a decade.
State levels and trends*
• Between 1988 and 2000, teenage pregnancy rates declined in every state, and between 2000
and 2005, they fell in every state except North Dakota. (State data are not yet available for 2006.)
• In general, states with the largest numbers of teenagers also had the greatest number of teenage
pregnancies. California reported the highest number of teenage pregnancies (96,490), followed
by Texas, New York, Florida and Illinois (with about 30,000–70,000 each). The smallest
numbers of teenage pregnancies were in Vermont, North Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota and
New Hampshire, all of which reported fewer than 1,600 pregnancies among women aged 15–19.
• New Mexico had the highest teenage pregnancy rate (93 per 1,000), followed by Nevada,
Arizona, Texas and Mississippi. The lowest rates were in New Hampshire (33), Vermont, Maine,
Minnesota and North Dakota.
• In 2005, teenage birthrates were highest in Texas (62 per 1,000), New Mexico, Mississippi,
Arkansas and Arizona. The states with the lowest teenage birthrates were New Hampshire (18
per 1,000), Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New Jersey.
• Teenage abortion rates were highest in New York (41 per 1,000), New Jersey, Nevada,
Delaware and Connecticut.
• By contrast, teenagers in South Dakota (6 per 1,000), Utah, Kentucky, Nebraska and North
Dakota all had abortion rates of eight or fewer per 1,000 women aged 15–19.
• More than half of teenage pregnancies ended in abortion in New Jersey, New York and
Connecticut.
• In five states, 15% or fewer teenage pregnancies ended in abortion: Kentucky, Arkansas, South
Dakota, Oklahoma and Utah.
State levels by race and ethnicity
• Among states with available data, Arkansas had the highest pregnancy rate among non-
Hispanic white teenagers (67 per 1,000). Pregnancy rates among this group were also high in
other Southern states: Tennessee, South Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia and Mississippi (60–
63 per 1,000). Meanwhile, Minnesota had the lowest rate among non-Hispanic white teenagers
(29 per 1,000), followed by Wisconsin, North Dakota and Pennsylvania (31–34). However,
*These observations exclude the District of Columbia, which is more comparable to a city than a state.
many states do not record abortions by age, race and ethnicity, and some of these were likely to
have had high or low rates.
• The states known to have the highest pregnancy rates among black teenagers aged 15–19 were
New York, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota (132–149 per 1,000). The rate was
lowest in Hawaii (42 per 1,000), followed by Idaho, Maine, Utah and Alaska (52–74).
• The highest pregnancy rate among Hispanic women aged 15–19 was found in Alabama (228
per 1,000). Rates were also over 185 in Tennessee, South Carolina, Delaware and Georgia. In
contrast, pregnancy rates among Hispanic teenagers were lowest in West Virginia and Maine (43
and 47 per 1,000, respectively).

interesting numbers

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

youre mistaken, for the most part teen pregnancy rates have actually dropped in recent years.

you are right, unwanted pregnancies have dropped, but theres a whole new wave of +**# that WANT to get knocked up at 15

yeah, seen the same trend around my parts a few years ago....alot of young chicks saying they wanna be a mom just because and @%!* like its equal to picking up a new Louie bag....then when they finally have the kid...they dont give a @%!*...sad to see
smh.gif

my friend is from bakersfield ( 
sick.gif
 ). im not even exaggerating, 7/10 girls there are pregnant/have a baby/plan on getting pregnant before 20. i think the reason why my friend's cousin dumped me is because one day she asked me, "would you make me get an abortion if I got pregnant" and I replied "hell yea i would"...a few weeks later she dumped me, 2 months later shes pregnant with her ex boyfriends seed 
alien.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif
. im just like damn that couldve been me...
@#$% used to be that bad where I'm from (people in San Jose know about Mt. Pleasant/ Mt. Pregnant High School) but its gotten much better now with all the rich/ educated people moving in

Back
Top Bottom