So are F's D's C's really bad in college?

I mean are they like really bad. Like if you cop and F just forget about it?

I know it's wasted money but things happen
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Well can't you make it up or something? Or it's engraved in stone?

Yes a D is eminent
indifferent.gif

The @++* kind of question is this? You're supposed to withdraw/drop/apply for pass fail when you know you %$#@!* up in a class.

if you get an f, your gpa will be crap no matter what you get in your other classes. there are gpa calculators online and you can do it yourself and see.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The @++* kind of question is this? You're supposed to withdraw/drop/apply for pass fail when you know you %$#@!* up in a class.
BUT

What if it was your first time in college and you didn't know how things were.

My question is

Can I make it up or what?
nerd.gif

Depends on what u tryna do

Ds and Fs=kill yourself

C=U can get away with unless ur GPA matters (Pre-med/pre-law etc)

Have you seen the job market lately? Unless you have a lot of internships or you know people in the company you're applying too...you better now have anyD's on your transcript.

A few Cs are acceptable, depending on your major and school ranking, but Ds and Fs.....hell no.

Hell, at a lot of schools Ds and sometimes Cs = no credit earned in major related classes.

I took a D+ and 4 C/C+s and I still graduated with a 3.3 and I'm in graduate school possibly headed for a PhD.

if you get an F or in some schools a D they let you take it again to replace the grade, if its a required class you might have to take it over again. but youcan definitely go on with that on your record.

Just let it be a wake up call, I woke up after sophomore year and got my act together. You need to figure it out soon, one D is a mistake, more than one andyou're going to have to question whether school is right for you. Check the requirements of your major, there are different GPA requirements forcore/non-core classes.

You can "Freshman Grade Exclude" like one class here where I go. Basically it keeps the grade on your transcript, but you get to re-take the course.The new grade goes into your GPA and shows up on your transcript, as well as the old grade (old grade doesn't factor into GPA, just shows up on thetranscript).

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

BUT

My question is

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Depends on your school, the class and what your major is.
Some Most courses can not be taken twice for credit.
Like JohnnyRedStorm said you should do pass/fail, or withdraw if you know you're not going to do so well.

laugh.gif
what kills me bout these "grades dont matter in college" types that are gonna flood this thread any moment is I've been applying tocorporate jobs and judicial internships all semester, and EVERY SINGLE ONE has asked for my transcript. This whole, "it's who you know, you barelyeven need the degree" b.s. is comedy to me.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

BUT

My question is

nerd.gif
Is it a JC or Univ.?
Class? Major? DetailS!!!!!!!
CC

Microecon..... major maybe Marketing but not really sure
frown.gif

CC? well on the plus side you got a better chance of making it up. on the bad side when you go to transfer it might come up. you also might have trouble inreal college.

To me D's are awful. C's are bad but depends on the class.
Generally speaking, if you keep up with everything, you should be able to get at least a B (thanks to the curve).
in a lot of my engineering classes, i'm finding getting an A can be a tough, but a B is pretty easy and "guaranteed" as long as you try.

Originally Posted by infamousod

I took a D+ and 4 C/C+s and I still graduated with a 3.3 and I'm in graduate school possibly headed for a PhD.

if you get an F or in some schools a D they let you take it again to replace the grade, if its a required class you might have to take it over again. but you can definitely go on with that on your record.

Just let it be a wake up call, I woke up after sophomore year and got my act together. You need to figure it out soon, one D is a mistake, more than one and you're going to have to question whether school is right for you. Check the requirements of your major, there are different GPA requirements for core/non-core classes.
exactly, just dont let it happen a lot

Originally Posted by Dat Exclusive Cat

if you get an f, your gpa will be crap no matter what you get in your other classes. there are gpa calculators online and you can do it yourself and see.
I can attest to this. I got 1 F in school and it was hell trying to get my GPA back up to the 3.0 level. I was a pretty much A/B student with ahandful of C's here and there but that F really killed me. If I had the chance to do it over again, I would def. do that part over again.

Fs and Ds are really bad, disregard all other comments that say otherwise.

like others have already said, some classes can be taken over to replace grades. Take college seriously, you only have one shot, it's really a privilegeto get educated.

I mean are they like really bad. Like if you cop and F just forget about it?

I know it's wasted money but things happen
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Well can't you make it up or something? Or it's engraved in stone?

Yes a D is eminent
indifferent.gif

Since when can you just "cop" grades
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom