So close it hurts... HUARACHE retros (almost) Vol. I don't know how to feel....

Originally Posted by MJRM2384

Comfort will be improved but I still would rather have the OG scream greens

Will cop on sale. Cool, but give me the OGs instead.

I love the OGs, but I also love these. As well as the Free sole edition of the Air Flight Huarache.

Looks modern and sleek. At least for the Air Flight Huaraches, the sole was really chunky

I will definitely be copping the runners.

...will be coppin the Air Flight Huarache Frees at the outlet for sure. Even though they're not the OGs, I still can't resist that design.

maybe we can fill in the slits with white silicone and then they will look og, LOL

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

I almost feel bad saying this as a big part of me is a purist; I like both. I absolutely love the old design BUT I'm not gonna sit here and say they were perfect. If these are more comfortable or an improvement on the overall feel of the shoe than I'm in 100%. Bastardizations are Auto Trainers. These...not so much.

how u figure the OGs weren't perfect?? u don't sound like much of a purist to me. I'M a purist and u ain't lookin familiar right now.
tongue.gif

anyway, i say all that to say the OGs of BOTH shoes were and ARE STILL absolute perfection!

Ughhh...the Free sole.  Can't say that I'm a fan aesthetic-wise, even tho they're mad comfy.  
Sometimes I think heads at Nike do **#* like this just to get some laughs.  Not sure what's worse--these or T-Mobile getting the shaft on the iPhone yet again.  Bummer week man.  
laugh.gif

I'm not interested in either of those, but hopefully this is a sign that some OGs might be around the corner.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

I almost feel bad saying this as a big part of me is a purist; I like both. I absolutely love the old design BUT I'm not gonna sit here and say they were perfect. If these are more comfortable or an improvement on the overall feel of the shoe than I'm in 100%. Bastardizations are Auto Trainers. These...not so much.

I feel you on that,  I get where they are going with these but I'm certain there is a way to improve the comfort of the shoe without changing how it originally looked.  Hell, they could throw in a memory foam insole and that would be good enough for me.  Personally I just can't part with my money on almost.

That damn Gentry... 
30t6p3b.gif

NO hate to those who like these -- in fact, this will be the first time the color scheme on the "fab 5" b-ball huaraches are done RIGHT since the o.g. (as far as the purple, and o.g. are more collector's items than wearable -- 19 years old+)...

But, just think of these as the black/char IX fusions coming out a year before the actual IX char. retro, and every fan of JB was like
sick.gif
waiting on the "real" retros... 
laugh.gif

i actually don't mind these.

i'm not saying these should be a substitute for the real thing, but on their own they don't feel as "forced" as so many hybrids often do... the free sole seems to fit fairly well, imo.

I think the people who like these don't remember the OG's

If you do, you're disappointed

Back
Top Bottom