So could this be another Paypal/Ebay scam??

Long story short,
sold something on ebay for little for $1k.
Buyer pays via paypal.
paypal shows ok to ship, buyer's address CONFIRMED.

Looked at transaction details, shows payment is UNVERIFIED[/B].

Should I just issue a refund?
Could this be another ebay/paypal scam?

edit: IT'S NOT UNVERIFIED, IT SAYS NON-US VERIFIED actually.
Is this mean it's good to go?

Last edited:
I would be extra careful with shipping. Make sure to ship using services that require a signature upon delivery and insurance.

To be extra careful take it to a shipping store and video tape the employee packing and shipping the item.

I keep hearing more and more stories of people getting scammed by buyers claiming product not as described.

I don't deal with overseas buyers at all anymore. You can do everything right and ebay/paypal will still manage to screw you

Say the buyer receives the item and is not happy with it or is trying to scam you, being that the item was shipped overseas the buyer wont have to ship it back plus they will receive the loot. So be careful op.

Thanks for the advice guys, forgot to put,
IT IS actually us shipping address, not over seas.
Shipping address shows Bridgeport CT confrimed and seller protection eligible.
Only concern I have is that payment shows non-us verified and not sure what that means.:rolleyes

Ok, so I searched the buyer's address and it's actually company called Bongo International.
It's a shipping company that fowards packages to overseas.
Can I panic now??

Last edited:
As long as you ship with a confirmation # AND signature confirmation, paypal will back you. If you decide to be cheap and not do both of those things, then your asking to be scammed.

ive had that happen on my own paypal, would show on paypal is was confirmed but in details it would say unconfirmed. it was odd

Thanks for the advice guys, forgot to put,
IT IS actually us shipping address, not over seas.
Shipping address shows Bridgeport CT confrimed and seller protection eligible.
Only concern I have is that payment shows non-us verified and not sure what that means.:rolleyes

means that the account is from another country but its verified.

if it was a USA account it would just say verified.

Well, I have some time before I ship so I'll do more research.
Meantime, nobody here seen this kind of situation???
Anybody heard of Bongo international??? :rolleyes

What is the buyer's ebay ratings? If its good, then you should be fine since you will be eligible for seller protection. I'm assuming you already know to use signature confirmation since the item is over $250.

Well, I have some time before I ship so I'll do more research.
Meantime, nobody here seen this kind of situation???
Anybody heard of Bongo international??? :rolleyes

Never heard of the company but I have sent items to third parties for international buyers before without any problem. They usually do it cause most people on ebay won't sell to international buyers so they pay a company to act as a local shipping address.

If you send it with SIGNATURE confirmation and it arrives to the address in CT then your good to go. Anything after that is irrelevant to the paypal transaction.

The account is verified, the shipping address is confirmed, you're good man.

If you wanna be extra careful you can contact paypal and ask for more info about the buyer and have them put a note on your account about your concerns. If anything does happen it will look better for you if you have already spoken to paypal about it.

Sig confirmation is def necessary. The extra couple of bucks is worth saving the hassle of it.

In situations like these.....better safe than sorry. If you have doubt, just relist it and don't risk it. Don't be naive or let greed take advantage of you.

Back
Top Bottom